Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again he proved that even if he's a very good trainer, he is a useless coach. What on earth was that today, Lakis alone up front? :rolleyes: Veglingsky running about on the left wing practically man-marking Vyntra? :googly: Only 2 subs?

"I don't understand why we can't score..."

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Your right, he has been terrible... 3 CB's agains PAO?
On a side note out of everyone that played today only Sorrentino and Alexopoulos deserve to be on AEK...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emerson was quite good, too.

Why exactly did AEK buy Kapetanos? While I do think he's a useless lump of meat (and a lazy one at that), but the team is screaming for an area striker Lyberopoulos can play off. Yet it's either Lyberopoulos up front on his own or playing behind light-weights like Veglingsky and Lakis.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Emerson showed signs of skill, but was invisible most of the game. IMO we played better before we got him...

Anyway all our strikers suck period. We have also been lackign a serious playmaker, a position Assuncao filled fairly well last season, while players like Ivic dont. Both our wingbacks also suck...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It's amazing we're in the position we are.

Ilia needs to make some major changes next season.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Icarus said:
It's amazing we're in the position we are.
Don't get angry, and there is no nice way of putting it, but the only reason AEK is where they are is an enormous amount of luck. All these goals scored in the 90th minute certainly show a never-give-up mentality and all that, but they also indicate a team that is struggling to win matches. And every time Katsouranis or Lybe would score in the 91' with a header from a set piece, instead of actually seeing the problem and doing something about it, Santos blew a relief sign and moved on. But it's not possible to rely on last minute goals for the entire league. Take yesterday for example... Lybe could have scored that header in the 90th minute and snatch you a draw... but would this be reflective of the teams' performances?

Take away at least 4 or 5 of these last minute wins, which is 8-10 points less and you have AEK's real strength in my opinion.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A match is played for 90 minutes + injury time though. It is obvious that I dislike Aek but they play well in full time, and they deserve their points.

In the same way, Olympiakos should have qualified to the next round because of the goals we Real, Rosenborg and Lyon scored. Do you think Amoroso that it would be fair to count the points up to the 80th minute?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Panoss said:
A match is played for 90 minutes + injury time though. It is obvious that I dislike Aek but they play well in full time, and they deserve their points.
I didn't say they do not deserve it or they're doing something unfair. I said that their real strength is not such in such a high position. Sure, scoring around 90th minute to win matches shows some great mental attributes, but does it show a dominating team? Is it a great strategy to win matches?

[quotes]In the same way, Olympiakos should have qualified to the next round because of the goals we Real, Rosenborg and Lyon scored.[/QUOTE]

If Olympiakos has a mental problem. All these years, so many times they were good enough to pass to the next round but they flunked it not because they could play football, but because they could not get over their complexes when playing away or the last 10 minutes. It's not an excuse, of course, but you see where the problems lays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts