Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,816 Posts
Nice one aquila!

One thing still bothers me very much though:

The likelihood of Nedved going to ManU...
Most Laziale would be against this deal, and to me it's not only the move itself, but also the destination! :mad:

I'm especially worried about this one because to me this deal is rather likely to go through because
1) the rumor is not that 'blown out'. The Vieri, Rivaldo rumors were so blown out that it got less and less likely by day. This rumor is just on the normal level that it becomes scary!

2) there's another rumor about Overmars going to Lazio. People have been complaining about how Conceicao is preferable than him and that Overmars wouldn't have a place in the first team because there's Nedved! So if Nedved leaves, the :confused: is answered, right?

3) ManU... have a reputation to judge a player from just one performance (e.g. after seeing the ex-Wimbledon keeper, Sullivan, played brilliantly against them they suddenly wanted to sign him). So Nedved's brilliance against Holland could actually be THE OppositE of Blessing in Disguise :(
However, ManUtd also loses interest in a player rather quickly if there's no meaningful response from the club or if the process gets too complicated (Sullivan, Nistelrooij) so I have faith that if we can hold on to Nedved to another season, they may have forgotten about him in 2001!

4) Craggnoti is not immune to the lure of $$$ ... It took a stage of protests by the fans back then to stop him when he was to sell Beppe! And 21M apparently is a great price for a midfielder :(

I'm not whining here just because Nedved is my favorite player, but more because I think it's a stupid deal for both clubs. I can imagine him being tackled (and gets injured!) all the time in PL.
Basically I would be mad :mad: should any of the Lazio players go there! Any of them!

So can someone assure me that this deal is not going to happen? Or it is?

-- Nedved! in mourning :( --

· Registered
4,816 Posts
Thanx Mattias!

Well, actually I DID missed out on that news in Laziomania. The last news I saw on Laziomania about Nedved was the 21M bid, and that Nedved claimed that Lazio already accepted that offer... :(
But more recently I also read on a newspaper about his family being already very settled in Rome (esp. that they had their 2nd child 6 months ago, or something like that) so it was more consoling. After all, a footballer's family plays a big part in his decision to move :p

So again thanx for the info, Mattias :) Perhaps if you still have the news you can e-mail it to me (but no need to bother if you've already deleted it).

All the best to Lazio players in Euro 2000

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.