Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Lazio mates, fans of the Champions of Italy as well as Coppa Italia winners (mmmmmm, I really love to use these words standing for Lazio!). Here are a few thoughts about how Lazio transfer market is going on. Let's begin with the

Goalkeepers: Angelo Peruzzi, Luca Marchegiani, Emanuele Concetti.
Player in the starting 11: Peruzzi.
Well, in the end the new goalkeeper is Angelo Peruzzi, instead of Sebastien Frey. Inter got Marco Ballotta + 15 million dollars for Peruzzi, but I think he's the right choice. In the next season, Lazio's main target will be the Champions Cup, and you need players with international experience to cope with all the pressure and quality of Europe's top competition. Luca Marchegiani is a very good reserve goalkeeper.

Defenders: Paolo *****, Guerino Gottardi, Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Sinisha Mihajlovic, Giuseppe Pancaro, Giuseppe Favalli, X
Players in the starting 11: X, Nesta, Mihajlovic, Pancaro.
Here is the first doubt. After Michele Paramatti has gone to Juventus, Lazio are now looking for another defender, preferably Italian and experienced. The most likely man to come to Formello is Fiorentina's Moreno Torricelli, he could fill that X. Also I would like that Lazio buy another central defender, because in all honesty, Couto isn't the right stuff to win the Champions Cup (sorry, Nando, but remember that night in Valencia? Spanish teams don't play long balls like Chelsea…).

Midfielders: Attilio Lombardo, Dejan Stankovic, Diego Simeone, Juan Sebastian Veròn, Roberto Baronio, Pavel Nedved, Dario Marcolin, Nestor Sensini, X.
Players in the starting 11: X, Veròn, Simeone, Nedved.
Since it seems that both Matias Almeyda and Sergio Conceiçao have been sold to Parma for Hernan Crespo, a place in the right wing remains empty. The most likely player to fill it is Marc Overmars (but isn't him a left winger???). I'm sorry for Almeyda, he was great two seasons ago, but after his row with Sven Goran Eriksson, it was clear that he had to go. I have some doubt that the sale of Sergio Conceiçao is a good thing, anyway. "La Brujita" Veròn has at last found a worthy replacement for him, I think that if Baronio has no tantrums, he could be a very useful player. As for "El Cholo" Simeone, what to say? Hopefully he repeats the performance he had in the last season's final months.

Forwards: Simone Inzaghi, Claudio Lòpez, Marcelo Salas (?), Fabrizio Ravanelli, X.
Players in the starting 11: Lòpez, X.
So, who will play along with "El Piojo" Lòpez? After Cristian Vieri refused to move to Lazio because his girl-friend works in Milan, it seems that the Champions of Italy as well as Coppa Italia winners ( :)) have completed the deal with Parma in order to buy Hernan Crespo. Almeyda and Conceiçao + money or Salas to Parma = Crespo to Lazio. Lòpez and Crespo together… Will we see Argentinian fireworks?

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Goalkeepers: Perruzi, Marchegiani, Carini, Concetti
1st choice: Perruzi
Marchegiani will play as a back-up for Perruzi. Carini will go to Brescia for one season.

Defenders: Gottardi, Couto, Mihajlovic, Nesta, *****, Pancaro, Favalli, Lombardi, *****, Toricelli?? or Grandoni??, we've lost Cirillo :(
1st choice: *****/Toricelli? - Nesta - Couto - Pancaro
Couto instead of Mihajlovic?? :) You know the answer..

Midfielder: Lombardo, Stankovic, Simeone, De la pena, Crovari, Veròn, Baronio, Nedved, Marcolin, Sensini, Figo/Overmars?? or Fiore :D I hope this guy will play for Lazio someday.
1st choice: Figo - Simeone/Baronio - Veron - Nedved
I think Baronio can play as an anchor just like Almeyda did 2 seasons ago.

Attacker: Inzaghi, Lopez, Crespo??, Ravanelli, Salas
1st choice: Crespo - Lopez
It's unfair to let Salas sit on the bench, coz he's worth more than that. Another striker?? Ventola would be good for Lazio.

------------------ Perruzi --------------------

Toricelli - Nesta -- Couto - Pancaro -------

-- Veron ------ Baronio -------- Nedved ----

----------- Figo --------- Lopez -------------

----------------- Crespo ---------------------

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
555 Posts
As usual Aquila is right about almost everything ! :)
Just a couple of details, which I think, are wrong about the defence.
What's wrong with ***** for the X place? He is in the Italian national team and is a very good defender. Maybe not so good in the attacking part of the game but good in defence. And Couto did NOT play against Valencia, he was suspended (red card against Chelsea). And in my opinion Couto proved every time he had the chance that he is a world class defender, never a bad game !
Also in EURO2000 he is doing extremely well !
FORZA FERNANDO … who also is experienced because he has won everything with Barcelona ! :)

As for the attack I wouldn't mind see Salas and Lopez together. With Inzaghi ready to take one of the places if anyone is injured or suspended. I also think that together with Ravanelli we should have a young attacker that could be in the team to learn for the future. I have no names because all the talented Italians are owned by Juve, Inter or Milan… :(

FORZALAZIO !!

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Nice one aquila!

One thing still bothers me very much though:

The likelihood of Nedved going to ManU...
Most Laziale would be against this deal, and to me it's not only the move itself, but also the destination! :mad:

I'm especially worried about this one because to me this deal is rather likely to go through because
1) the rumor is not that 'blown out'. The Vieri, Rivaldo rumors were so blown out that it got less and less likely by day. This rumor is just on the normal level that it becomes scary!

2) there's another rumor about Overmars going to Lazio. People have been complaining about how Conceicao is preferable than him and that Overmars wouldn't have a place in the first team because there's Nedved! So if Nedved leaves, the :confused: is answered, right?

3) ManU... have a reputation to judge a player from just one performance (e.g. after seeing the ex-Wimbledon keeper, Sullivan, played brilliantly against them they suddenly wanted to sign him). So Nedved's brilliance against Holland could actually be THE OppositE of Blessing in Disguise :(
However, ManUtd also loses interest in a player rather quickly if there's no meaningful response from the club or if the process gets too complicated (Sullivan, Nistelrooij) so I have faith that if we can hold on to Nedved to another season, they may have forgotten about him in 2001!

4) Craggnoti is not immune to the lure of $$$ ... It took a stage of protests by the fans back then to stop him when he was to sell Beppe! And 21M apparently is a great price for a midfielder :(

I'm not whining here just because Nedved is my favorite player, but more because I think it's a stupid deal for both clubs. I can imagine him being tackled (and gets injured!) all the time in PL.
Basically I would be mad :mad: should any of the Lazio players go there! Any of them!

So can someone assure me that this deal is not going to happen? Or it is?

-- Nedved! in mourning :( --

G

·
I Heard the news :Crespo to Lazio ,Almeyda and Conceicao to
Parma.

So first 11 for next season should be

Peruzzi

***** Nesta Mihajlovic Pancaro
(x) (x)

Figo Baronio Veron Nedved

Crespo Lopez

If we get Overmars instead Figo, Overmars will play on left
and Nedved will come on the right .
I watched France - Holand game and Overmars played on right
( because Zenden plays on left) and he was wery good.
Also Salas will be 3rd striker and he will be usefull for us because we are going to play a lot of games next season.
Sory for bad English

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mattias, it's that "almost" that worries me! :)
Perhaps it's the hot sun, or the effects of too much studying. Or both. Or maybe some extra glasses of Peroni.

Anyway, Nando, MEA CULPA, MEA MAXIMA CULPA. Having said that, I think Mihajlovic is too important for the Lazio play to keep him out of the starting 11, and not only because he's the master of free kicks. As for *****, I think he has played very well in the first half of last season, then he seemed a wee bit tired and slow, I don't know if he's the right man for a team who want to win the Champions Cup. But then if the new right winger will be Overmars or Figo, the (new) right back must be a player who rather defends than pushes forward, because unlike the great Pavel Nedved, Overmars and Figo are close to 0 (zero) at helping the backs in the defensive play.

FORZA LAZIO

[Edited by aquila on 23-06-2000 at 21:22]

G

·
Why not playing 4-3-3?
The wingers can be set in the front and dont heve to defend anymore.

My dreamteam is this:

Perucci
Nesta-Nesta-Mihajlovic-Pancaro
Conceicao(or simeone)-Veron-Nedved
Lopez - Inzaghi - Overmars

I want to see Lazio attack. The best defence is the offense.

BTW dont change the team to much (never change a winning team)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Ramon, i bet Nesta is your favourite player right? :)

Forza Lazio

[Edited by Pierre on 23-06-2000 at 22:15]

G

·
Oh sorry
My fault :)
The first Nesta has to be *****. WE cant have two nesta's in one team, although I would like it :cool:. He's the best Italian player from Lazio.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nedved, Don't you read the news on Laziomania ? :mad:

Nedved has said that he doesn't want to leave Lazio and not only because of money but also because of his family. Cragnotti has said Nedved is not for sale and so has Eriksson. What more do you want to hear ??? ;)

Aquila, are you crazy ?? are you studying in the middle of the summer ?!??! :confused:

FORZALAZIO !!

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
International
6,519 Posts
Aquila i think you lost your mind...

Keep Miha out of starting 11 ? Yeah, and cows fly...

G

·
Newcommers!

DEFENDERS:
I think Torrecelli would be a very sensible add to the other strong defenders. His way of defending is very much alike the presten defenders, why he would fit very nicely in the Lazio playing style.

MIDFIELDERS:
Sad but probably nessesary Almeyda is leaving such is life sometimes. But also loosing Conceicao for before the next season would be a silly mistake. He has really improved his game since he came to Lazio, and it lookes as if he keeps on improving. He has already shown he fits inside the Lazio collective and not many players can adapt as he into the Seria A way of playing.

STRIKERS:
If Lazio were to add a new striker I still think Savo Milosevic would be the most sensible choice. The main problem is, he has not got an EU-citizenship.
He would fit in perfect with the striking force of Lazio and give Eriksson a nice handful or two to combine leathal tandems up front, dependend on opponents and tactics.
Imagine the combinations:

Salas-Lopez
Salas-Savo
Lopez-Savo
Salas-S.Inzaghi
Lopez-S.inzaghi

not to forget Ravanelli, Lucarelli and Angel.

Torricelli and Savo Milosevic is all the team needs to be in balance for doing well in all three tournament.

Keep up the smile,
ciao!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
The team is perfect
we already got the new striker that was needed (lopez)
We have 2 other world class strikers in Salas and Inzaghi with Ravanelli always happy to sit on the bench. Then we can have a youth team attacker like cinelli to get maybe a few runs through the season.

We got a replacement for almeyda (baronio) we have 3 defensive mids and thats enough (simione, baronio, sensini)
We have great wingers (conceicao, nedved) with cover for the right stankovic or he con cover for veron. maybe a young lefty wing replacment could be baught but no really needed. At this stage De La Pena is still in our team since he has hasnt been sold and we also have lombardo pinzi crovari and marcolin if required.

Our defence is great nesta (the best) ***** (italian international) pancaro (as close as you can get) and miha (long ball king) we then have cover in favalli lombardi and gottardi. Maybe toricelli can be bought but that is all

Great squad no reason to make world record transfer bids to players eg rivaldo vieri crespo and figo!!

FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aye, Mattias, perhaps I'm getting crazy. Not only I have to work at my beloved printing office, but I have to study to get the teaching license too! The State examination to become teacher will begin in September, so I must study for the whole summertime with a hot weather, a scorching sun and the sandy beach of the Med Sea just three kilometres from here.

And SSLazio 11, my mind is completely lost for the above mentioned reason, but still I can tell you that in my broken English the words "Mihajlovic is too important for the Lazio play to keep him out of the starting 11" mean something very close to "Mihajlovic must be in the starting 11", or at least that's what it seems to me. And then, if you look at my post that started this thread, guess who there's in the starting defenders, just between Nesta and Pancaro?

FORZA LAZIO

·
International
6,519 Posts
Sorry Aquila, i readed it too fast and it was more like Mihajlovic is too for the Lazio that we must keep him out of ...

Well if so, i agree with you ;)

Again, sorry ;)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Thanx Mattias!

Well, actually I DID missed out on that news in Laziomania. The last news I saw on Laziomania about Nedved was the 21M bid, and that Nedved claimed that Lazio already accepted that offer... :(
But more recently I also read on a newspaper about his family being already very settled in Rome (esp. that they had their 2nd child 6 months ago, or something like that) so it was more consoling. After all, a footballer's family plays a big part in his decision to move :p

So again thanx for the info, Mattias :) Perhaps if you still have the news you can e-mail it to me (but no need to bother if you've already deleted it).

All the best to Lazio players in Euro 2000

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If I could step into the shoes of Cragnotti and Eriksson I would perfrom the following changes:

Goalie: Peruzzi, Luca, Concetti - Comments: Peruzzi is a great goalie, he was the best italian goalie in Serie A this past season and he is really a force between the posts. However Peruzzi is big and I can really see him slim down a bit to be in top form for the season ( it can not be good for the body to fall when you are so big ). Luca is a solid replacement but I find it strange that he will accept second place since these are probably his last years.

Defenders: Gottardi, *****, Nesta, Mihjalovic, Pancaro, Couto and Favalli - Comments: I´m worried that our defence will turn out to be the weak point in our game. First of all our wings have to repeat their outstanding game for an entire season and looking at the way they spread balls around I´m having a hard time making it work. Speed is essential and we lack it on the wing ( a Salgado, Candela, Carlos would be amazing ). Still if it comes down to the defending part of the game we´re alright on the wings. Center - now I can not accept another season with Mihajlovic and after seeing Euro2000 neither should Cragnotti nor Eriksson. The man is arrogant, ignorant and plain stupid, a bigger Diva you´ll have trouble finding. Miha is only good at longballs and can not in anyway shape or form anticipate the opponents attacks. Looking at the Jugo games it´s painful to see how they bleed in attack and Miha is always out of position and 2 steps behind. I say sell Miha to PL where he´ll take care of the longballs and will score alot on freekicks and take excellent corners.

Couto has been amazing and is so far one of 3 central defenders that can take the prize for best defender of Euro2000 - if not nr 1.

I think that Eriksson should stop by west ham and pick up Englands most talanted defender Rio Ferdinand. Rio has an excellent eye for the game and he passes like a central midfielder + he can dribble and has a good shot - why WAIT !!! Eriksson !!! Give them Miha and money and take Rio.

This season Rio would play on the wing alternating with ***** and next season he´ll take Coutos place at the center.

Midfield: Stankovic, Simeone, Conceciao, Nedved, Baronio, Pinzi, Veron, Sensini and Lombardo. Well the starting 11 with Veron - Nedved - Conceciao - Simeone / Baronio looks good enough but what then ?? Stankovic isn´t even a sub in Euro2000, Lombardo played some 3 games last season out of like 60+, Sensini wasn´t used much at the end and Pinzi played like Lombardo. Eriksson wants Pinzi to be in the Squad which sounds like sweet music in my ears but we have still to 1) replace Almeyda 2) replace Sensini / Lombardo.

Ok last season we probably overkilled on the midfield and we won´t play 4 - 5 - 1 much this season ( I hope ).

I´m worried about our left wing, on the right side Stankovic can play really well but on the left wing we have no one to step into Nedveds shoes. I´m hoping for a midfielder that can play central and go to the left and such a midfielder play in Valencia ( Kily Gonzales ). Now I know we can´t have more Argentine players but it´s also a question of supply and demand. We demand a left / central midfielder that won´t argue when he´s benched ( and about the EU player thing - it doesn´t matter since Nedved isn´t EU either ).

Buying Kily would solve alot since Nedved could play central and does so very well with the Czech national and this gives us an option if Veron has a bad spell like last season. We could then play Kily - Nedved - Baronio - Conceciao. Also Kily gets along really great with Lopez and they are a force of nature together.

Attack: Salas, Lopez, Simone and Ravanelli. Ok first of all this is not a bad lineup !! I can hardly find another team with such great players ( this attack is second only to Inters with Recoba, sugar, Vieri, Ronaldo, Muto and Baggio ). But it´s not enough !!! I think that there are alot of potential great strikers ( certainly more strikers then great midfielders ) and here are a few: Trezaguet, Koller, Palermo, Saviola, Kluivert, Jardel, Edmundo, Milosevic etc etc.

I think that Kluivert would be a superb buy since he knows all about playing on the highest level and he´s only 23 ( and we know he can shot and so does Lama ). Saviola is waaaaay expensive ( Aimar + Saviola = 60$ ) and that´s too much of an untested player. Jardel is an outstanding player that needs some respect, I´m sure he´d be great. Edmundo is a hazard but when he plays like he can I would pick him over Crespo anyday ( Edmundo is one of the biggest wastes of talent ever. ) Palermo has returned after his serious injury and it´s never really fun to go out and shop for ex injured players.

To me Jardel, Kluviert or Koller would be perfect for Lazio. The speed of Lopez and the crosses of Conceciao matched with Kluviert !!! Can only mean goaaaaaaaaaaal.

Kluviert isn´t nearly as expensive as Crespo and I´m sure that selling Boksic and De La Pena to Barca or somewhere would cover most of it.

Attack: Salas, Kluviert, Lopez and Inzaghino doesn´t look bad does it ?? much better then Crespo, Lopez, Inzaghi and Ravanelli considering that we´d keep sooo much money and maybe Conceciao.

Pheew long post :) !!!

·
International
6,519 Posts
Grrr, i hate your long posts, svennis :(

Can you do them a little shorter ?

FORZA LAZIO !!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
While I actually thrive on them svennis :).

If I were a Lazio fan, I would be worried about all the rumours you have going for a- getting Crespo while paying an obscene/unheard of prize. b- trying for Figo for an even bigger fee on top of that. c- not getting any quality replacements in the position I thought you were needing it the most- defence.
From last years experience you all know how demanding it is playing CL on top on challenging for Lo scudetto, and right now I don't think you have the neccesary depth in defence.
Nesta is marvellous, so is Couto in my opinion, and eventhough I don't like Miha one bit he's a good and important Lazio player too. But as you play 4-4-2 next seaon (I guess) I fail to see that you have other wingbacks than Pancaro-***** right now. Gottardi (please :)).
Just to make a comparison my team (Juventus :)) has it alot easier obviously because we only play with central defenders (3) and we have Montero, Iuliano, Ferrara, Tudor, Paramatti, Zanchi. We need nothing more, and unless we get alot of injuries at the same time, we'll not have to break a sweat over the defence. Lazio is not in that position, and I'm curious as to why the biancoceleste isn't showing more interest in getting more defenders.

Ciao.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Hehe, i agree with you the most of the part but your club Juvent** i hate that one :mad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts