Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Digusting incident at the Egaleo-Iraklis match yesterday. Apparently, Kofi Abonsah was having a pretty bad game and some fans of Egaleo, his own-team (!), started to abuse him racially. It all escalated to the point where Abonsah could not take it anymore and started crying in the pitch! He asked his coach to not play the second half and Dumitrescu agreed, duly replacing him with Papoutsis. Both Dumitrescu and club captain Agritis condemned the incident in the press conference and said that they prefer to not have these fans in the stadium, and Footballer's association has also published an announcement against it.

I find this whole incident very worrying. Till now, Greek stadia were generally free from those kind of incidents, but I really hope those morons don't start a trend.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
This is one of the single most disgusting things I have seen in Greek football.....

They should be ashamed beyond belief. Despite the fact that Aigaleo can only average 500 fans (literally) so the actualy number of racist slures must have been small, they brought the man to tears. THEIR OWN FREAKING PLAYER!!!

I hope they cope a big time ban.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
sad but there is a trend of greek fans mimicking the ultras of italy & spain I'm afraid. Hope Kofi's okay, even if I think he's kreas.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
shame

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
GICA said:
Incredible. How can someone go to a stadium to do this?

Disgusting

Well yes, it IS disgusting but still miniscule compared to what happens in Spain.

·
Registered
70,115 Posts
I know man. The stupid people are everywhere. In Spain it´s a shame.

Anyways it´s the first time I see fans from a team attack an own player on this way.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
It's sh!t and it seems it's happening everywhere really. Just a stupid trend that people will follow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts