Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Algerian striker Abdelmalek Cherrad has signed with French Ligue 1 club SC Bastia. The player was released by Belgian club La Gantoise after fighting with his Moroccan teammate. However, the player was just on loan with the club from OGC Nice (Ligue 1). SC Bastia has signed the player for 2 and a half years and he will join his fellow Algerian national team member Anther Yahia, as well as Moroccan Youssef Hadji at the club. The club is currently 17th in the 20-team French league.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Yeah I read about the fight. What a donkey. He came to the training ground with a baseball bat. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
And that wasn't the first time he was in such fights. With almost all his teams he ahd problems like that.

·
Registered
60,321 Posts
Good player though. He impressed me in the African Cup of Nations.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was actually the first time hes been in a fight. He left OGC Nice for family reasons. He left Esperence Tunis because they wouldnt honor their part of the deal when he was injured. He only had one fight and that was with his Moroccan teammate. Since you guys werent there, you shouldnt really comment.

Cherrad is a very talented player and he'll show his skill this year with Bastia and with the Algerian national team, hopefully.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
TonyStarks said:
He only had one fight and that was with his Moroccan teammate. Since you guys werent there, you shouldnt really comment.
Begyoupardon? Everyone who wants to beat his teammate up with a baseball bat for whatever reason is a complete donkey in my eyes. You don't need to be a professor to figure that one out.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Speak French?

Sport.fr said:
Le club de La Gantoise a résilié les contrats d' Abdelmalek Cherrad et Mustapha Oussalah. L'ancien niçois et son équipier en étaient venus aux mains à deux reprises durant l'entraînement de leur club. Oussalah avait giflé l'international algérien. L'entraîneur du club, Georges Leekens, avait mis fin à la rixe en renvoyant Cherrad aux vestiaires. Mais après l'entraînement, Cherrad serait revenu avec une batte de baseball.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts