Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to turn this into an anti milan thread, its hard for it not to become one, but I think it is of some relevance given that he is currently our goalie.

Abbiati 'Condivido ideali del fascismo'

23:00 del 25 settembre

Il portiere del Milan Christian Abbiati in un'intervista pubblicata da Sportweek, in edicola sabato con la Gazzetta dello Sport, si confessa: "Non mi vergogno a manifestare la mia fede politica - ha spiegato il giocatore rossonero - del fascismo condivido ideali come la Patria e i valori della religione cattolica. Del fascismo rifiuto le leggi razziali, l'alleanza con Hitler e l'ingresso in guerra, ma mi piace la capacita' che aveva di assicurare l'ordine."

I think at least he builds his case as a smart man, but, a new wave fascist nonetheless.

Please, other mods, feel free to delete it if you feel it does not belong here or anywhere.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Lol I did read and my first thought was where is Paolo Di Canio when you need him? :D

Anyway I don't want to turn this into political, but every regime has it's good & bad. In western culture Fascism = Nazism, even though that's not entirely true .

Meh I don't care, but no wonder he shaves his head. A skinhead :D

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
:yuck:

·
Registered
13,847 Posts
Christian: just shut up and be a good GK. We'll like you more that way.

Seriously, I disagree completely with his political preferences, but I've learned to separate everything from football (need to with Berlusconi at the top).

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
His kind of fascism is no different than the NeoCons that have controlled American politics for the last eight years. I guess I have just seen too many McCain supporters so that what comes out of Abbiati's mouth doesn't even shock me that much anymore.

·
Registered
563 Posts
His kind of fascism is no different than the NeoCons that have controlled American politics for the last eight years. I guess I have just seen too many McCain supporters so that what comes out of Abbiati's mouth doesn't even shock me that much anymore.
Word.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Man let's not even start on that. Goebbels seemed like an angel compared to Hannity & Rush boy.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
For us non-Italians, what did he say?

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
no politics on XT please ;) certainly not US politics - who cares, they are all the same there :D:D:D

Anyway, Abbiati's political views are despicable to me.

·
Registered
62,538 Posts
His convictions are his own personal choice, don't be fascists yourselves by condemning him.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Even if Abbiati is being asked, what he said isnt going to end and probably do a lot of unnecessary harm to himself.

Anyway i know who you lot are going to blame next.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
His convictions are his own personal choice, don't be fascists yourselves by condemning him.
yes and no. its not an easy call to make since he is "just" a football player and you care what he does as GK only. But on the other hand, first, he is a popular figure and his views influence people (especially young) or at least are heard by. Then he is also wearing the colours of Milan, as such he is associated with the club. And thus, as a fan of this club, I do care what his "faces" those that wear his image, say. And that thing ranks among the worst on my list. So its not an easy call - you can choose to disregard but I am not sure that is a good call.

lets put it differently - he could have said something against a religion, e.g. (as there is a topic on that in the Juve forum) v. Ramadan. People would have been speaking against him, and I personally would have condemned his words. Enforcing fascism (one way or the other) is equal or close to what it professes - as such speaking against certain groups of people which fascism discriminates (mildly put) against.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
If he was a politician I'd be concerned, as he is not who cares? If anything there are too few extremists in football. I've been laughing at Di Canio for years and wouldn't mind a Nazi joining Inter, it's entertaining :pp

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
If he was a politician I'd be concerned, as he is not who cares? If anything there are too few extremists in football. I've been laughing at Di Canio for years and wouldn't mind a Nazi joining Inter, it's entertaining :pp
if he was a politician that would have been a serious problem. but that does not get him off teh hook in my books.

:rollani:

I don't blame Abbiati, it's a matter of ignorance.
Since when "ignorance" is an excuse or a liscence for being irresposnible?>

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
There is no need to make this a big issue, even if its unfortunate, and sadly, bit too open and common in Italy, seen a documentary of how faschism thriving in todays Italy (the ignorance was shocking).

Especially when your owner (and more importantly, leader of the nation) is Berlusconi, dont need to quote his jolly good comments of similar nature to make that point. Your average player is ridicolously unimportant compared to someone like this.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Abbiati is free to speak his mind, and I am free to reset his mind :lala:

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
For us non-Italians, what did he say?
Milan goalkeeper Christian Abbiati has surprisingly revealed that he agrees with fascist political policies, but insists he is not a racist.

Abbiati will have to share the gloves with Nelson Dida and Zeljko Kalac at Milan this term and could spend long periods on the bench.

But it seems the ex-Juventus goalkeeper is determined to grab the spotlight as he has given a risky interview to the Italian Press.

“I'm not ashamed to show my political beliefs,” Abbiati told Sportweek.

“I agree with some areas of fascism like patriotism and the values of the catholic religion.

“I like the way fascism managed to secure law and order - it guaranteed security to the people.

"However, I disagree with the racial laws and the allegiance to Hitler.”

It remains to be seen whether there will be a backlash after Abbiati's controversial comments.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
I wait for CT to call all of us commies. :howler:
looking at what Abbiati claims to support from fascism, he can actually also say that he supports communism - I mean, commies brought law and order to even higher grades than fascists you know. There was hardly any serious crime in commie Bulgaria for example. On catholic religion though they will fail miserably ;)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.