Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In short:
Aad de Mos will have his second talk with the FA president during the week. They are currently in an orientating phase. The FA will also talk to Erwin Koeman this week, and they also have tried Danny Blind.

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Aad de Mos has his personal website with state-of-the art web tools abundantly used :D: http://www.aaddemos.com/indexold.html But he certainly has the profile of a high-level experienced professional, though since 1990 he is not really working in Europe.

As far as I can see, Erwin has a not-so-good coaching record, but I liked him as a player. For Blind, his drinking-driving case is not very pretty. Also a rather short and not particularly successful coaching carreer.

For the Dutch coaches - well, we have already tried the Germans (though Topmöller is available right now)... People in Hungary won't like it to have Frenchies, English ones are short in supply even in England, while you can find Dutch everywhere. And some achieved.

Personally, I would like it just to decide ourselves with one of them, and get rid of Mr. Moustache.

G

·
0 Posts
now i prefer a dutch coach rather than a german or an english.
If de Mos would fit to Hungary i can´t rate. He seemed to have a good beginning as coach at Ajax and Mechelen but since then his record is not that good....but i think MLSZ can´t afford coaches which are very good right now.
so everything is better than the choice we have here in Hungary...

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Interesting Andor, nice exclusive there

I don't really know anything about Aad de Mos. How do you rate him?

·
42,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting Andor, nice exclusive there

I don't really know anything about Aad de Mos. How do you rate him?
He won lots of prices as coach :)

1981/82 Championship (Ajax)
1982/83 Championship (Ajax)
1982/83 FA cup (Ajax)
1984/85 Championship (Ajax) *left 5 games before the end
1986/87 FA cup (KV Mechelen)
1987/88 Europa Cup II (KV Mechelen)
1987/88 Championship (KV Mechelen)
1988/89 Europese Supercup (KV Mechelen)
1990/91 Championship (Anderlecht)
2002/03 FA cup (Al-Hilal)

He has NT experience because he was the coach of the UAE before he came back to Vitesse.

He has the nickname Aadje Afkoopsom (Aadje buyout clausule) because he got fired many times.

I think he is suited for the job of NT coach of Hungary. Prepare to see more Dutch based Hungarians in the team :proud: Raboczki in goal !! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah, Aadje Afkoopsom. He isn't going to be cheap that's for sure. I doubt it wheter the MLSZ wants to invest that kind of money in a guy like him. But my take on him is this:

Pro's

He undoubtetly has knowledge of the game and the way it's played internationally, he's a sneaky coach that's for sure.

Has a goodlooking daughter (Tessa de Mos) who is actually a ProAgent. So for them they'll be sitting on a goldmine here in Hungary, and for the young players it could also be beneficial..

He's from The Hague :D.

Con's

He has a narcissistic personality and is quite full of himself.

Often makes erratic decisions as a coach, like when quite recently he took of one of his defenders in the 6th(!) minute because of one simple mistake. A week later he subbed him off in the 20th so the lad is totally crushed by him now.

Isn't a real sponsor magnet like a Mattheus for example. Probably will cost way more then he'll achieve, and ofcourse the infamous buy-out clause (a huge one no doubt) will be there 100%.

Is really just a head-coach type for the first team. Hasn't got a clue about youth programs and the leading of an entire organisation. I would much rather see a type Van Gaal who can also boost the entire organisation and help reform the youth system in Hungary. Boloni would be an ideal candidate for that.

The guy has clearly got more things going against him than for him in my book so to be honest, i wouldn't want to see him coming to our shores..

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, Aadje Afkoopsom. He isn't going to be cheap that's for sure. I doubt it wheter the MLSZ wants to invest that kind of money in a guy like him. But my take on him is this:

Pro's

He undoubtetly has knowledge of the game and the way it's played internationally, he's a sneaky coach that's for sure.

Has a goodlooking daughter (Tessa de Mos) who is actually a ProAgent. So for them they'll be sitting on a goldmine here in Hungary, and for the young players it could also be beneficial..

He's from The Hague :D.

Con's

He has a narcissistic personality and is quite full of himself.

Often makes erratic decisions as a coach, like when quite recently he took of one of his defenders in the 6th(!) minute because of one simple mistake. A week later he subbed him off in the 20th so the lad is totally crushed by him now.

I

Now in the hungarian NT he would have to sub the whole defence till the 15th minute....so he can´t do that here:dielaugh:

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Thanks for the summary. Well, narcissic coaches we have seen quite a lot recently... After what you are saying, it would be a "rather not" option in fact. How about Koeman and Blind?

·
Registered
59,254 Posts
Aad de Mos :howler: :howler:

like Bertus said, be prepared for 10th minute substitutions :D all done in order to keep his team sharp :strong:

the idiot to run onto the pitch every time his team scores.

him to fall out with everyone...players, club staff who else

In a nutshell, a complete and utter tool but an entertaining one at the same time :D

·
Registered
59,254 Posts
yes :D
How about Koeman and Blind?
Erwin Koeman, what to say...nice guy, did okay at Feyenoord when you look at the material he had to work with but did seem to befriend some of the older players too much (van Hooijdonk and Timmer) drinking beer with them till late in the night during training camp. Was tipped to replace Hiddink at PSV before Feyenoord got him and has since been unemployed. Funnily enough he's been linked to Aad de Mos's current club Vitesse who's fans most definitely will be seeing de Mos leave at the end of the season (with a sack of cash again) as he's fallen out with too many people :D

Blind - not the best of coaches. Wanted him to stay at Ajax but alas.

·
42,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are plenty of Dutch coaches that could do a decent job with the NT :) Vergoossen is going to be free in the summer :flirt:

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Aad De Mos :D

He once said Pär Zetterberg wasn't able to play on the highest level as he's diabetic :dielaugh:

On the other hand ... He managed to beat Barcelona with Anderlecht :proud:

·
42,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Vergossen... why not? :D He likes Juji.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts