Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry I did this, I feel sick now. :depress:

Let me try and cheer us up, we might have missed out on Dinho by the skin of our teeth but we got another genius at our hands:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Well, we know that Fergie targeted Ronaldinho, Robben, Mikel & Essien.

The Essien & Mikel transfers are excusable due to Chelsea's input, but the other two are just sheer incompetence & penny pinching on behalf of the board.

I think Fergie prefers buying players with the Glazers as owners, the process is swifter than when it was a PLC, and I dare say that we might not have missed out on Robben & Ronaldinho with the Glazers in place back then.

Interesting thought.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, deals have been tied up quickly with David Gill in the helm.

I expect us to be quick off the mark when the transfer window opens. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Gordy said:
Ronaldinho probably wouldn't have been the same player he is now with us.
No way, i heard that a lot of times...bollocks! Hes a type of player that would walk in any team eyes shut and still be the player of his calibre. Yes it probably is true, that spanish pikey style of play suits him more, but we will never know how big hit would he be in england. Massive im sure, the same as now? Well never know for sure...Shame.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Simba said:
and I dare say that we might not have missed out on Robben & Ronaldinho with the Glazers in place back then.

Interesting thought.
Fergie told Kenyon to buy Robben (he said this on mutv) Kenyon took that info with him to Chelsea and outbid utd.
It's belived (or I belive) that the same thing happened with Cech.... United have kept a close eye on Rennes.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts