Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, the argentine NT taped a video in their last lunch before the WC. it was verons idea. it just last 3 - 4 minutes, but... you gotta see it. it s really touching. he took his handy cam and started taping the lunch. all the players are singing, including bati and cani.
first, they started singing from their seats, but then, one by one, they stood up on their chairs, and also started dancing.
then another guy took verons place, so la brujita appears on the video. then veron gave the cassette to a comedian of a humorous tv show, which is the most popular in argentina. they broadcasted for the whole country.
some of then also sent encouraging messages to the argentine people.
i have never seen a thing like this. and i dont think any other team in the world would make something like this.

they may not win the WC, but i know they will play their hearts in the pitch for their country, so to me they have alredy won.

i hope every argie fan in the world can see this. but its a pity that some of you wont understand what they are singing. but they finished with the traditional ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA!!!

btw, i hope my 1000 post would be: ARGENTINA CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Absolutely beautiful...This story brought a tear to my eye. I wish I could see the video. They're great players but more importantly they're great guys..

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Here's the Diario-Ole story about it

............................................................................................................................................................
¿Así que el plantel de la Selección graba un video casero dedicado al gran pueblo argentino salud? De movida es difícil de creer: parece una joda de Tinelli, al revés. Más, todavía, cuando los portadores del mensaje son los muchachos de VideoMatch.
Pero no. La cosa venía en serio. Una cámara de la Brujita Verón hizo posible algo que es mucho más que una anécdota, mucho más que un gesto simpático. Es, al modo concebido por nuestros cracks, una declaración de amor. Ni más ni menos.
Si otra saludable diferencia emana de este grupo, en relación con aquél del Mundial de Francia 98, es una postura menos vedettista, más relajada. Ya nos habían gratificado con otros episodios enderezados en el mismo sentido. Hay una genuina vocación de cercanía.
Entre los que se bajaron del caballo y los que nunca se habían subido, se ha dado una comunión que se expresa en este tipo de episodios, por pequeños que parezcan. Saben que son hijos privilegiados de un país en bancarrota. Saben, y no lo ocultan, que una vuelta olímpica no zanjaría las penurias económicas pero alegraría un poco los corazones.
Que asuman el desafío y lo hagan público sin retaceos los vuelve más queribles, más alentables.
Más nuestros.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
batigold said:
they may not win the WC, but i know they will play their hearts in the pitch for their country, so to me they have alredy won.
I am VERY VERY SURE that they fight with their hearts to bring the glory and the happiens for their poeple, thats the real Argentine sprit that I know.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I posted this originally in the countdown to WC 2002 thread but I'll post it here too because it's so good.

Diario-Ole (Argentina)
May 31, 2002
Translated by Humbird

Last night's television program Videomatch was something special. From the beginning it was tinted white and sky blue. Marcelo Tinelli entered the studio accompanied by a rain of confetti just like that which greets the national team on the pitch. He announced that the program was dedicated to the national team. Then he announced that the national team had made a video for the Argentine people.

At one half hour before the end of the show, the promised video was played. It was filmed with Juan Veron's minicam and showed an asado attended by the team. It began peacefully: a group of players and the coach eating. Then came the emotion. The players began to pound the table and sing, waving their napkins. "I'm not interested in where you play, local or visitor, I will come to see you, death will not separate, from the heavens I will cheer you, I am Argentine and you are the happiness of my heart, you are my life, my passion, I would give my life to see you Champion," was the song the players sang.

Following the song, Crespo, Batistuta, and Ortega sent greetings to Argentina and promised to everything possible to return with the Cup.

Tinelli, with tears in his eyes, admitted with he was overwhelmed by the gesture of the players. To make the evening even more special, in the audience were seated the fathers of Kily Gonzalez, Pochettino, and Caniggia, and the mothers of Gallardo and Veron.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Where I can download it Humbird or anyone who has an idea?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Humbird said:
Im not interested in where you play, local or visitor, I will come to see you, death will not separate, from the heavens I will cheer you, I am Argentine and you are the happiness of my heart, you are my life, my passion, I would give my life to see you Champion," was the song the players sang.

some argie poetry "de cancha" (of football stadiums).

Where I can download it Humbird or anyone who has an idea?
i want it too.
anyone????

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Videomatch is the national team's favorite television program. Videotapes of the show are delivered regularly to the NT in Japan. Here's a photo of Hernan Crespo receiving the new tapes from somebody named Korol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Humbird, I don't speak Spanish, so I don't know where to sign up and worse, don't know what to do to get to the movie ?:(:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts