Xtratime Community banner
5381 - 5400 of 5404 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts
Isaila? Really @Hagibest ?

Hagi remains the best choice for me
He was part of the foundation for the Euro U21s run Radoi had. Maybe a bit risky but I’d take it over some of the other options we all hate.. but yeah, I can understand Reghe Galca Edi Hagi first

·
Registered
25,781 Posts
Despite the bad news, one thing is certain: we need at least two serious clubs in Liga I like Ukraine's Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar. We cannot improve without a serious internal championship.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts
He coached 5 games or so and chose to leave for Arabia instead...
Lol fair point. Definitely wouldn’t be among my top 3 choices but I’d take him over a Petrescu .. as Radoi said in his final press conference, we need to keep the attacking approach if we want to truly evolve and make use of what we have. Not play ugly as in 2016 and other times.. although we had less to work with then too

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts
Despite the bad news, one thing is certain: we need at least two serious clubs in Liga I like Ukraine's Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar. We cannot improve without a serious internal championship.
Yep I was talking about the same thing the other day with someone, just like how Croatia has Dinamo Zagreb, and even Serbia saw the resurgence of Red Star and Partizan. We regressed badly from this aspect…

I think we need to replace this joker Burleanu who caused problems with the golden generation and seems out of touch (except maybe for the U21 rule idea), with someone like Popescu, Lupescu, or even Lucescu (if/when he hangs up his managerial ‘coat’..)

And ofc better owners, attract real investment somehow.. traditional clubs returning is good though

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,387 ·
If we depend on the clubs then I don't see much hope. CFR and Craiova seem close to being serious, but no way to tell if that will be stable or change overnight. Traditional clubs, maybe, so far their management doesn't offer much assurance

Regarding the federation, I'm afraid whoever comes will eliminate the U21 rule, which has been the only positive coming from the federation, and I don't know who can offer much on other departments, outside of Hagi

·
General Iordanescu
30,671 Posts
Posibilii adversari ai României în Liga Națiunilor 2022/2023
  • Urna 1: Ucraina, Suedia, Bosnia și Herțegovina, Islanda
  • Urna 2: Finlanda, Norvegia, Scoția, Rusia
  • Urna 4: Slovenia, Muntenegru, Albania, Armenia
Iceland or Bosnia for Pot 1 (but defo avoid Sweden, please), ideally not Norway from Pot 2 and Slovenia or Armenia from Pot 4.

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,391 ·
Posibilii adversari ai României în Liga Națiunilor 2022/2023
  • Urna 1: Ucraina, Suedia, Bosnia și Herțegovina, Islanda
  • Urna 2: Finlanda, Norvegia, Scoția, Rusia
  • Urna 4: Slovenia, Muntenegru, Albania, Armenia
Iceland or Bosnia for Pot 1 (but defo avoid Sweden, please), ideally not Norway from Pot 2 and Slovenia or Armenia from Pot 4.
Even this level can turn unreachable for us. Honestly It seems we can struggle against anyone. The best possible group puts us with the teams we had such a hard time beating on the WC group

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts
Even this level can turn unreachable for us. Honestly It seems we can struggle against anyone. The best possible group puts us with the teams we had such a hard time beating on the WC group
I think it really depends, man. There’s a lot of factors. Who the next coach will be, the players have available by then and what form they’re in, winter transfers, etc.

I liked Radoi’s direction despite our scoring issues… we need a real striker that’s clear, but I really think at our best we can still go toe to toe against most of these teams and come out winning if we solve that problem… I’m not gonna say I’m optimistic but there is time before this happens and a ton of factors that can easily change the situation by then. Really too difficult to call it right now..

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts
By @The Rumaniac

It is always very sad when Romania misses a big tournament, once again. But it is even more sad to see what happens right after that. The reactions have mostly 2 themes:

-Our football is worthless, we don't deserve anything better than this

-Let's pick someone to blame and destroy him/them without any mercy

Both ways are equally destructive, useless and lead to learning nothing. What they lead to is self-hate, finding alibies and a sense of despair. Many think using irony and sarcasm puts them above the situation. It doesn't. They are a main part of the problem. And what's worse, many times these opinions come not only from a press eager to prey on the defeat at any cost, but from ex footballers that know how hard it is to perform for Romania and have many failures of their own.

What would be a right attitude? Of course after so many failures it's hard to be positive. But one must find a way to grow, to learn from what has happened. One way is to highlight what's positive. Currently, there is a generation of players that know each other, have got results at youth level and are growing in their careers. A team that has a core and is more solid than it has been for years. Hagi's work at Farul and the U21 rule, which have helped us have results we never had before at youth level. Fans that wherever the NT goes are there to support and steal the show.

The negatives? A whole lot. Corruption, incompetence, a league that is becoming worse every year, people like Becali that are exploited by the press and only bring ruin to our football, and so on. No one can deny those are some of the reasons a talented and passionate country is in this poor situation. Analyze those problems, point them out, and find solutions where they can be found.

What is the immediate goal? To protect the players.. They are not responsible, they are just a piece of the puzzle. They are the ones who have to give it all to become important once again. Especially the young ones, who can build a future. If they lose hope as those messages that come from outside point to, there is no way up. They have to believe they can be better and they need support.

And most of all, the younger kids who will be players and supporters need to see that something is being built, something worth pursuing and following, something that deserves their passion. That is our mission.

Reactions: Krle

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,396 ·
By @The Rumaniac

It is always very sad when Romania misses a big tournament, once again. But it is even more sad to see what happens right after that. The reactions have mostly 2 themes:

-Our football is worthless, we don't deserve anything better than this

-Let's pick someone to blame and destroy him/them without any mercy

Both ways are equally destructive, useless and lead to learning nothing. What they lead to is self-hate, finding alibies and a sense of despair. Many think using irony and sarcasm puts them above the situation. It doesn't. They are a main part of the problem. And what's worse, many times these opinions come not only from a press eager to prey on the defeat at any cost, but from ex footballers that know how hard it is to perform for Romania and have many failures of their own.

What would be a right attitude? Of course after so many failures it's hard to be positive. But one must find a way to grow, to learn from what has happened. One way is to highlight what's positive. Currently, there is a generation of players that know each other, have got results at youth level and are growing in their careers. A team that has a core and is more solid than it has been for years. Hagi's work at Farul and the U21 rule, which have helped us have results we never had before at youth level. Fans that wherever the NT goes are there to support and steal the show.

The negatives? A whole lot. Corruption, incompetence, a league that is becoming worse every year, people like Becali that are exploited by the press and only bring ruin to our football, and so on. No one can deny those are some of the reasons a talented and passionate country is in this poor situation. Analyze those problems, point them out, and find solutions where they can be found.

What is the immediate goal? To protect the players.. They are not responsible, they are just a piece of the puzzle. They are the ones who have to give it all to become important once again. Especially the young ones, who can build a future. If they lose hope as those messages that come from outside point to, there is no way up. They have to believe they can be better and they need support.

And most of all, the younger kids who will be players and supporters need to see that something is being built, something worth pursuing and following, something that deserves their passion. That is our mission.
This is an editorial I wrote, talked to Filip about posting it wherever we can, maybe create some useful reactions. What do you guys think?

·
General Iordanescu
30,671 Posts
Hagi apparently confirms he was contacted by FRF but that since he's main shareholder at Farul, he couldn't accept.

So I guess this means it will not be Hagi, and not be Radoi either (since if he'd want to continue, Hagi wouldn't have come up).

5381 - 5400 of 5404 Posts