Xtratime Community banner

5181 - 5199 of 5199 Posts

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
Maybe we play one of the games with Burca as RB...

-----------------------------------Tata
---------------Nedelcearu----------------Chiriches
Hanca-------------------------------------------------------Bancu/Stefan
----------------------------------Cretu
-------------Cicaldau------------------------Stanciu
Maxim------------------------------------------------------Coman
--------------------------------Alibec
I hope not, Burca is only an option at RB because of our terrible curse in that position. He seems to do OK on the attacking side, but my god what a poor showing in that first half vs DZG.

Regarding the team... Yeah that looks about right. Hagi could play RW as at Rangers. Puscas vs Alibec... yeah, I dunno, Puscas will likely start...

I worry about these games. Our players aren't in a good spot. But Coman can probably get a penalty or two each game.

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
Given the choices a 5-3-2 Inter-style might be better suited for the players called... I don't think it's a real option but here's what it would look like:

Tata
Nede ---- Chiri ---- Tosca
Hanca --------------------------------------- Bancu
Maxim ---- Cic ---- Stanciu

Puscas ---- Alibec​

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
Holy shit, we actually have a NT psychologist now? Has someone been reading our posts? I remember this was @THE Rumaniac’s suggestion some years ago

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,185
I remember he was with the Euro 19 squad, but didn't know he was with the seniors now. Very good, specially if he already knows many of the guys

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
"de multi ani, pierdem duelurile, fie defensive sau ofensive" -- yeah, this was obvious, the ball always seemed to find our opponents. He mentions counteracting this with positioning & I agree, physically we can't handle modern football too well so we gotta use intelligence.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
3 main reasons young Romanians fail abroad, according to the NT psychologist (didn't proof read/correct translation but..):

1. Adaptability
“It's about adaptability to a new system, a new coach, a new team, a new language, food, the air and a certain mentality. If the player is not used to adapting quickly, he consumes in this process of adaptability the psychic energy that he should consume in training and matches. The best example is Gica Hagi from the experience with Barcelona. He had a problem adapting. You'll dig deeper and find out what it's all about . If Hagi has encountered problems like this, you can see other footballers…

2. Passion for sports
“The passion for sports is sometimes nurtured by personal relationships. Our players are pretty big.Being men, they are raised in a Balkan environment, where boys hide behind their mothers' skirts. It's a very deep relationship with the family, and sometimes there are interferences, including in sports. And here are a bunch of examples where parents of players tell where their son should play, what they should do. I give advice to coaches.

- Moderator: You see that here you touch even Gica Hagi…
- Psychologist: (Laughs ) Here is a more aspect… This aspect of passion erodes. He is fed as energy by his parents, by his friends, and the Romanian footballers go out and do not have the experience of being on their own two feet. To integrate in a different environment. They consume energy, end up not liking to play football, then go into a depression.

3. Ability to be trained
"The player must be trained to accumulate information. Not only the head coach, but also the physical trainer, the nutritionist, the mental coach.Ours do not have this quality. They're more messy. This comes from the education of parents and especially from that of coaches who do not want to argue their talents, values. He lets them get some naughty horses doing what they want on the field or, on the contrary, he yells at them to give them yield. Outside, that didn't really happen. Players must listen to what they are told and do. With us, you have to convince them, pull them, take them with the sugar "

Reactions: NoName

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
I don't know about the first two but I agree with number 3. You can see our players being totally different with a different approach: Mutu with Malesani at Hellas Verona, FC National with Zenga, etc.

·
Registered
70,038 Posts
Romanian players always do better in a Romanian environment. We see their best versions in Romanian teams, in the NT or trained abroad by Romanian coachs.

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,192
Yeah. It makes sense considering he never had proper chances. A pity tough cause he has years ahead and we might need him

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
Portari: Ciprian Tătărușanu (AC Milan/Italia, 69/0), Florin Niță (Sparta Praga/Cehia, 2/0), David Lazar (Astra, 0/0)

Fundași: Sergiu Hanca (KS Cracovia/Polonia, 5/0), Andrei Burcă (CFR Cluj, 1/0), Vlad Chiricheș (Sassuolo/Italia, 59/0), Dragoș Grigore (Ludogorets/Bulgaria, 38/1), Alin Toșca (Gaziantep F.K./Turcia, 19/0), Ionuț Nedelcearu (FC Ufa/Rusia, 11/0), Nicușor Bancu (Universitatea Craiova, 15/0), Mario Camora (CFR Cluj, 0/0)

Mijlocași: Alexandru Crețu (NK Maribor/Slovenia, 2/0), Alexandru Maxim (Gaziantep F.K./Turcia, 39/5), Răzvan Marin (Cagliari/Italia, 21/1), Nicolae Stanciu (Slavia Praga/Cehia, 39/10), Alexandru Cicâldău (Universitatea Craiova, 7/0), Gabriel Iancu (FC Viitorul Constanța, 1/0), Ciprian Deac (CFR Cluj, 24/4), Alexandru Mitriță (New York City FC/SUA, 11/2), Ianis Hagi (Rangers/Scoția, 11/0)

Atacanți: Claudiu Keșeru (Ludogorets/Bulgaria, 37/13), Denis Alibec (Astra, 12/2), George Pușcaș (Reading/Anglia, 16/7)

Alți 8 fotbaliști de află pe lista de rezervă, staff-ul echipei naționale urmând a apela la aceștia în cazul apariției vreunei indisponibilități: Cristian Bălgrădean (CFR Cluj, 0/0), Mihai Bălașa (Universitatea Craiova, 6/0), Florin Ștefan (Sepsi, 1/0), Mihai Bordeianu (CFR Cluj, 2/0), Dan Nistor (Universitatea Craiova, 4/0), Deian Sorescu (Dinamo, 0/0), Florin Tănase (FCSB, 3/0), Andrei Ivan (Universitatea Craiova, 7/0).

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
Comments:

I don't know why Ionut Radu isn't called. There's not much difference between him and Tata club-wise, is there? I get Tata is starter for us, no problem, but Radu is definitely the next big hope in goal. He deserves to be called.

Camora called over Stefan, makes sense quality-wise... but I am still afraid of naturalizations, especially to start in such an important match.

Deac still there, but who could've been called instead? Unfortunately Man isn't available.

Strikers are probably the best we can do at this time.

Overall I'm OK with the squad, minus Radu's absence. I would've called more players in the main squad though.

A couple of you stated Mitrita won't play vs Iceland. If that's true, we will likely see the 4-3-1-2 again, but I think with Cretu starter. Marin and Stanciu in the 3. Maxim as AM.

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,195
Terrible blow to miss Coman and Man for these games. 2 players that could bring an extra spark and were in great form

Good to have Marin and Mitri back.

Radoi insists on Deac and Iancu. Weak RW once again

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,196
Comments:

I don't know why Ionut Radu isn't called. There's not much difference between him and Tata club-wise, is there? I get Tata is starter for us, no problem, but Radu is definitely the next big hope in goal. He deserves to be called.

Camora called over Stefan, makes sense quality-wise... but I am still afraid of naturalizations, especially to start in such an important match.

Deac still there, but who could've been called instead? Unfortunately Man isn't available.

Strikers are probably the best we can do at this time.

Overall I'm OK with the squad, minus Radu's absence. I would've called more players in the main squad though.
Camora is a special case. I guess he is more reliable with his huge experience than Stefan

Sorescu probably deserves a chance. Deac hasn't played well once in the last years, if he ever did well for the NT

About Radu, yeah, Nita isn't playing either AFAIK

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
BTW some of the more 'patriotic' ultras groups are not very happy with Radoi for calling Camora, and wish for a short term for him.

Luckily FRF doesn't usually care what others think.

5181 - 5199 of 5199 Posts