Xtratime Community banner

5101 - 5120 of 5134 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Let's consider the possible transfers of our players either in this window or the summer. For many, it's important to move soon, or at least somehow recuperate their club situation.

Tatarusanu: seems like he will stay at Lyon to keep playing second fiddle to Lopes, only played two competitive games for them this season (cup games). Maybe leaves in the summer. Anyway, he is getting on in age and it would suck to rely on a 34 yo keeper who almost never plays.

Ionut Radu: in a weird situation at Genoa that no one saw coming, looks like he will leave to either stay on Inter's bench or get transferred elsewhere. I read Inter don't really want him go permanently given his potential to replace Handanovic soon, but most clubs want him on a permanent deal. West Ham was close and needed a starting keeper actually (Fabianski always injured), but it broke down when they signed Randolph. Hope we don't have to wait many months for him to get a starting role...

Marin: conflicting sources on Ten Hag's stance with him, some saying they are trying to sell him but no one is biting right now.. others say Ten Hag likes him and still might offer him a chance, quoting Ten Hag as saying "he is a good, extremely technical footballer but needs to be faster". Whatever happens, I hope his situation resolves quickly, whether it's moving to Italy or wherever (don't think he will go back to Belgium, which is a good thing) or improve his situation at Ajax.

Ianis: the amount of criticism he gets from journalists and some fans in Belgium is ridiculous IMO, he hasn't been bad but also not always stellar, but rarely his own fault. Yes, of course he has things to improve but isn't that what a club like Genk is supposed to do, polish young gems? But yet they offer him fewer chances than he deserves and plays in a less familiar system for his style. He deserves better than this, maybe a loan or permanent transfer to a league (or another Belgian first division club) at least on the same level would be good if they really aren't going to use him much this season... frustrating.

He just needs to work harder to develop physically and mentally to a degree. But I still think the criticism is overly harsh for a new young arrival, they put way too much expectations and left him on his own. But I guess our kids sooner or later have to realize that outside of Romania, they have to be ones to push themselves and improve the right ways.

Ganea: apparently will go on loan soon, teams interested are Legia, Oviedo, Tenerife, Sporting Gijon, and Malaga. Needs to recover his career, doesn't seem like he will ever play for Athletic Bilbao.

Man: had some great moments in the season despite injury issues, had that great U21 game vs NIR and also scored for the seniors last year. He should be ready for a move abroad, maybe in Belgium, Netherlands, France, or even Italy/Spain depending on the team. But of course, Gigi won't sell for less than 20 million euros, unless it's just another bluff. Although finishing the season in Romania wouldn't be the worst thing either, maybe a summer move would give more stability and time to adapt to get a starting chance.

Coman: same thing as above, except his numbers are even more stellar. Same shit with Gigi. We should hope he leaves in the summer at least, staying much longer in Romania can't be great for his development.

F. Tanase: keep seeing him linked to NYCFC in the MLS and some Turkish clubs, we'll see if he goes. Not really of great importance to the NT though.

Cicaldau: should leave Craiova in the summer, think he can do really well abroad.

Mihaila: same as Cicaldau, although maybe one more season wouldn't hurt either.

Benzar: needs to leave Lecce this summer, already seems to be heading on loan now. Where he can make it, idk, but it would be shitty to come back to Romania unless that is his limit. He would be a good option for Liga I teams in Europe, anyway..

Manea: can't believe his shit luck, great U21 games in the summer and some senior games, but both CFR and FCSB have barely used him. Hope he finds a decent team where he'll be starter soon.. leaving this winter should be a priority, or at least returning to Apollon Limassol if they would actually use him.

Pascanu: similar to Manea, great player for Leicester U23s and our U21s, sadly he's been given almost no chances by Petrescu. Don't get why they even bother signing such promising players who are ready for first team football, only to waste them.. he should leave ASAP if the situation doesn't change.

Puscas: probably doesn't need to transfer yet, still a worthy player in the Reading side who most of their strikers are struggling numbers-wise.. he's still their best striker IMO, although some fans prefer Joao over him, or even Loader. He needs to start being more consistent, he has great movement but needs to be better with his finishing and composure in front of goal. Which is really weird considering how much better his finishing and composure have been for the U21s and senior NT.. hopefully he improves his record there and can make a move in summer or next winter to a club that can give him better support and a level he should really be playing at. But that's on him right now.. he needs to show more.

Petre: very bad season for him and his team in Denmark, although he just scored in a friendly. A move to Italy, Belgium, or even FCSB are on the cards, hopefully it happens this month and he settles wherever he goes. Would be worried about him getting a starting spot depending on the club, but that's a worry for almost all our players these days...

Baluta: only got a couple cup games to show his skills for the Brighton seniors this season, needs a loan ASAP.

Dobre: made the PL bench a couple times for Bournemouth, some cup minutes.. but should probably also get a loan unless by some miracle his coach really feels like giving him PL chances soon. I doubt it though, even when he is well-liked, it's so competitive there...

Dragomir: seems in a good position with Perugia, but can do better and should really be at a higher level soon IMO. Was rumoured to leave but doubt it will be in this window.

Boboc: think he is a solid player, not sure about a transfer yet though.

Bancu: one of the main Craiova men on the left flank, with chances to leave in the summer, possibly.

Rus: good that he plays in Hungary but hope he reaches a higher level soon.

Nedelcearu: weird situation in Russia, hope he transfers somewhere decent soon as he can do better.

Ratiu: don't think he is even an option at Villarreal any longer after some hopeful moments last season and in preseason, a transfer or loan would be good for him.

Maxim: should be heading to 2.Bundesliga or elsewhere soon, runs off the bench for 20-30 mins on a good day for Mainz.. though I don't think he is much the same player anymore.

Stanciu: should be playing at a higher level, if he can handle it and not bust again.. weaker numbers even if he plays well.

Budescu: just don't go back to fvcking Arabia, man! there's a danger he goes back there in the summer by the looks of things.. he doesn't have the work rate / fitness for a top league, but could still do well somewhere better than Liga I, or at least a team to fight for Europe next season. Astra have chances there at least.

Mitrita: think he should be playing at a higher level than MLS, doubt he leaves now though.

Keseru: may be headed to Besiktas

Andone: should get back to a top level, his numbers are weak though and he is often injured or suspended. Was linked with Aston Villa.

Alibec: don't know where he could go but I would love to see him at a higher level again, if his body and mind can handle it..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
I know it's a little more than the max number of players, but I'd like something close to:

Tata, Radu, Lung
Benzar, Manea
Chiriches, Nedelcearu, Sapunaru (if back) / Burca, Rus
Bancu, Boboc
Marin, Baluta, Stanciu, Cicaldau, Nistor, Anton/Bordeianu
Budescu, Hagi, Morutan/Dragomir/Bicfalvi/A. Baluta?*
Coman, Mitrita, Man, Dragus?
Alibec, Puscas, Andone, Tucudean? (seems like back with CFR)

*Maxim, Olaru, F. Tanase also fringe options. Mitrita can also play centrally, remember. May not be the right moment to give the first cap to Dragomir or Morutan, though they are doing fairly well for themselves, unless we schedule a friendly beforehand. Besides, Budescu and Ianis have the clearest chances to play there by far, and U21s important game vs Denmark happens around the same time.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Well Dragomir eventually should get there, but he has a lot of competition in his position compared to DM, the defence, & RW to an extent where we need better depth.

I mentioned Bicfalvi because he’s been doing quite well in Russia, but he hasn’t been with the NT in a long time. Baluta not bad in Czechia but also not a great player either.

I hope Morutan can make the jump in the next year or so!

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,105
Remember the U21 has a crucial game vs Demmark aswell. Not the time to call players that won't be used

Maybe Dragomir will return to the U21 with Mutu

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Good point. The AM position should already be pretty secure with Ianis and Budescu, plus Stanciu and Mitrita can also play there if needed. Or even Cicaldau lol, but better as CM.
I just really would love to see Morutan keep the momentum going after recovering from his shitty injury and dealing with Gigi's nonsense in the past year or so, he can be special. Maybe 1-2 more years for him to reach the level we want.

Yeah, Dragomir Morutan Dragus Petre etc really important to be in the U21s right now.
Man, Coman, Ianis, Baluta, Cicaldau, and even Boboc are needed for the seniors vs Iceland though.

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,109
Interesting that he included Cicaldau and Nistor. That could indicate he'll aim for a midfield that can hold possesion and assist

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
I never like your dreams, foresta. They seem more like nightmares to me

But seriously, let’s hope that’s just a manifestation of your pessimist/worrisome thoughts rather than some type of clairvoyance/premonition

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
We might qualify, we might not (which is more realistic), the most important thing to me is to get the feeling that we have a coach with a real short and long term plan, an idea, while not playing destructive football (we saw how much that style suits us in the past 10 years...). Showing good signs and not qualifying is better imo than qualifying but realising that Radoi is just as bad as Contra (which I don't think will be the case, he should be a better coach...the question is how much better)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Man, it still takes a moment to sink in when I think about how we all think it’s unlikely we beat Iceland and then Hungary/Bulgaria... what sad times we live in. But it’s true

The most important as you said is to look long term and to trust Radoi with time regardless of what happens

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,114
Yeah, Radoi will need time to make this team as good as the U21. The thing is that negative results affect the atmosphere a lot. Radoi seems specially good in working with players mentality tough

I can't help having faith for the playoff, but regardless the opponents level, as Hagibest says, we are not used to playing under pressure, that worries me

In any case, having the olimpics, Euro is not crucial. There will still be a big scenario to start forming something new

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
My 23 man squad for Iceland as of right now:

Tata, Radu, Lung

Benzar/Manea, Chiriches, Nedelcearu, Rus/Burca/Balasa, Bancu, Boboc

Nistor, Cicaldau, Baluta, Marin/Stanciu, Anton/Bordeianu

Hagi, Maxim, Coman, Mitrita, Man, A. Baluta

Alibec, Puscas, Andone/Tucudean (whoever is more fit/in form, probably Andone)

Others to possibly consider:

Budescu (I’m hoping he will be fit enough), Bicfalvi, Hanca, Costache, Dragomir, Tiru, Tosca, Iancu, etc.

Maybe even Stefan Radu comes back by some miracle if Radoi can convince him; I still highly doubt it, but if anyone can get him back it’s his former NT teammate.

·
General Iordanescu
28,412 Posts
Budescu had a bad cold, he should be back this week (I hope).

Otherwise... I don't even know who to call.

Tata, Radu, Lung

Both Tata and Radu rotting on the bench (again)...

big problems in defense... but probably close to:

Benzar/Manea, Sapunaru, Burca, Chiriches, Nedelcearu, Rus?, Bancu, Tosca?

Cicaldau, Nistor, Marin, Stanciu, T. Baluta, Bordeianu/Anton

Coman, Man, Mitrita, Maxim, Budescu, Ianis

Puscas, Alibec, Andone (if fit)

yeah, Hanca might be a solution now.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
Wtf.. I read he would be back mid to end of March with some injury and would probably miss the game. I like your prognosis better :D

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,119
Yeah, Budescu likes to get injured when his chance is coming...

Rus not playing again...I can't find any info about what's going on...

Chiriches still not making the bench.

Benzar just gets to the bench today

Defence has big problems. We need Sapunaru back. Nedelcearu and him to start and Burca as an alternative. On the right...no idea right now

5101 - 5120 of 5134 Posts