Xtratime Community banner

5061 - 5080 of 5131 Posts

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Anamaria Prodan is saying Radoi will be corrupt and not call her players while in charge of the NT because they dated in 2015.
I wish they would stop giving attention to this dumb bimbo, but of course she is an agent and the Romanian media is the Romanian media so..

I wonder what his relationship with Gigi is now? Prodan is owned by Gigi.. It seem a little farce to me. He's Gigi's godson. It all sounds like a bunch of BS.

Giovanni Becali once told me that he owns the national team and the coaches. He said that anyone who starts is approved by him.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,215 Posts
I wonder what his relationship with Gigi is now? Prodan is owned by Gigi.. It seem a little farce to me. He's Gigi's godson. It all sounds like a bunch of BS.
Pretty sure he had a big fight with Gigi when he was coaching at FCSB, though. I think reconciliated a bit with him since then, but I don’t think that means he’s gonna kiss his ass and let him force all his player call ups if they don’t deserve it. He doesn’t seem like that type, plus he didn’t only pick FCSB players in the U21s, he was pretty good and fair with selections in general.

I guess we’ll see for sure in a few months.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,215 Posts
Giovanni Becali once told me that he owns the national team and the coaches. He said that anyone who starts is approved by him.
when did he tell you that? Maybe that’s true under certain coaches, but I don’t think that was the case even with Contra, and tbh I don’t think it will be with Radoi either.

Razvan Lucescu would definitely be like that, Piturca too, Daum maybe.

The new FRF should do better to investigate such things, but I don’t know how honestly. We mainly have to trust the NT manager is not a corrupt type

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
when did he tell you that? Maybe that’s true under certain coaches, but I don’t think that was the case even with Contra, and tbh I don’t think it will be with Radoi either.

Razvan Lucescu would definitely be like that, Piturca too, Daum maybe.

The new FRF should do better to investigate such things, but I don’t know how honestly. We mainly have to trust the NT manager is not a corrupt type
He told me that 4 years ago.Things might have changed but I highly doubt it. Dude, the money runs the show and Gigi is king-shiza in this ring. Even if people hate each other, they mutually survive because they belong to the same circles and have dirt on each other.

Gigi could have Radoi fired in a heart-beat. Contra, Stoican, these are their clients and clan members.. this new wave of coaches are all Gigi's soldiers.

It's all a business dude. Don't think for a minute anyone is going against them to try and solo-effort their career into the trash.

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
That's all I'm saying, is that he's going to leave the NT if he doesn't start getting his fair playing time.
Did he indicate this anywhere?! Because if not I don't think his situation is that extreme being a new and young NT player (if a goalkeeper leaves in this situation at the age of 22 he is an idiot and shows a bad character)....his time will come very soon, the future belongs to him, everybody knows that.

Considering that Tata had no blunders in the NT lately (Radu makes some mistakes at Genoa but considering his age it shouldnt be a big problem) + great performances for us it makes sense starting him because he is reliable (normally I wouldnt start a bench goalkeeper at the NT but this is a very special situation and obv Radu should be our number 1 next qualifications)

As for NoName, well... the media often impacts choices in the NT and as we know, the media monitors this forum for information because they're mainly brainless puppets.
I still don't think our talks here influence Radu being a starter or not. If they somehow should it's good I guess.

I apologize if I wrongly interpreted your argument, I simply think that when players don't play minutes, especially keepers, their form and competitive edge is lacking.
This is true but Radu is playing, week in and week out....him having a few games less in the NT in this year shouldn't have a negative influence on his career. It's normal for young (talented) players in the NT that it takes some time to set foot, especially for young goalkeepers. Radu is one of our few gems in Romania and he will have his time, probably an even longer era than Tata. But it's a special situation and I think it was handled correctly (contrary to many other things in the NT). I agree that you shouldn't wait in every case regarding talents and give them playing time as soon as possible, but the goalkeeper position is special. I would ve given 1-2 games to Radu contrary to Contra...

Rumaniac, the question is, would Radu who brought our team to the Olympics because of his great performances do any worse?
I think there would be a higher chance for mistakes because Radu is not as stable yet (normal, 10 years less experience than Tata which is huge for goalkeepers), whereas Tata has been outstanding for us lately. I'm pretty sure Radu understands that it takes a few months to become a starter in a NT, no matter how good you are. In the end it's normal to trust in the experienced veteran who held a position for years (especially with goalkeepers) during an important qualification.

Food for thought: If we didn't make the olympics, would Radu have followed suit with stefan?
Why should he have done that? If he would do this I wouldn't miss him (just like Radu Stefan), it's stupid (if no good further explanation) and their decision.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Contra was clearly not a Jiji Becali slave, look at the call-up lists. Giovanni? IDK.

It's such a tough puzzle to figure out unless you're in the office listening daily. They've got dozens of foot soldiers making these deals. Contra did bring some odd selections but by the same token for him to manage Dinamo, he must go through Gio so they've got some sort of working relationship.

·
Registered
16,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,068
Gigi repeatedly asked for Tanase and yet he was ignored by Contra. The only strange cases in Contra's helm were Nistor (who got minutes in recent games) and Budescu in these last games. Because before him and Alibec were mostly injured or coming from inactivity. I don't think Contra's problems were because of lack of honesty. Mostly he just wasn't good enough

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Gigi repeatedly asked for Tanase and yet he was ignored by Contra. The only strange cases in Contra's helm were Nistor (who got minutes in recent games) and Budescu in these last games. Because before him and Alibec were mostly injured or coming from inactivity. I don't think Contra's problems were because of lack of honesty. Mostly he just wasn't good enough
Politics of it are in every nation.. Romania though entire teams have been because of it. We have some guys with more caps for NT than club matches in some years.

·
Registered
69,661 Posts
Tomorrow the draw in Bucharest. Probably the worst draw ever, with most of the groups pre-configured before the actual draw.
If Romania qualify, they'll go to group C, with Netherlands and Ukraine. The other rival would be one of Portugal/Turkey/Austria/Sweden/Czech Republic.

Group possibilities

Group A (hosts: Rome, Baku)
Italy

France/Poland/Switzerland/Croatia
Portugal/Turkey/Austria/Sweden/Czech Republic
Finland/Wales

Group B (Saint Petersburg, Copenhagen)
Belgium
Russia
Denmark

Finland/Wales

Group C (Amsterdam, Bucharest)
Ukraine
Netherlands

Winner play-off path A or D*

Group D (London, Glasgow)
England

Winner play-off path C

Group E (Bilbao, Dublin)
Spain

Winner play-off path B

Group F (Munich, Budapest)
Germany

Winner play-off path A or D*

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,215 Posts
Austria, Ukraine and Netherlands if we qualify. Piece of cake
That’s actually a great draw in the circumstances, only sucks that we got Netherlands who we always suffer against, Russia or Switzerland instead would have made the group perfect

But even like this if we qualify, it will be really difficult. But at least having Radoi gives me some hope if we make it past the baraj, all we need is the players to be fit and in their best club form / good transfers. Then getting ahead of Austria and Ukraine in that group would be tough but not impossible.

Ok I don’t want to dream about this stuff in our crazy situation, we could just as well not even make it past Iceland ;(

·
Registered
69,661 Posts
Yeah it wouldn't be an impossible group if we were minimally competitive and with two games at home.

If we don't qualify, Bucharest will host in the groups stage Ukraine, Austria and one of the minnows (Kosovo, Macedonia...)

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
That group is at least one we won't get butchered in. We can score some goals and play some football. Beyond that, don't expect us to lock down Ukraine and Netherlands offense.

5061 - 5080 of 5131 Posts