Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
46,792 Posts
Just wondering - have anyone heard any updates on Pavel's plans?

His contract will be up, he ought to retire, but I'm thinking he'll want another year to finish it up with some CL action.

Thoughts?
Rumors here are that he wants to play one more season and that the club will meet his wishes.

·
Registered
34,471 Posts
I think he will play 2 more seasons. I doubt he will be regular starter (if we get Giovinco back).
About the salary, i think he would accept paycut, he knows himself that his career is over soon, but he wants to finish his career with a trophy.

·
Registered
17,740 Posts
I would not be surprised if he plays one more season, he must want one last crack at winning the CL.

But i doubt he'll be a starter or have the same salary. Yes, he should be revered as being a great player for us, but we cannot waste money like that at this point.

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
He will for sure play one more season, thats obvious considering he hasnt made his retirement plans made public. The allure of CL is too strong.

Salary thing is bit wasteful, but way more annoying is that they might see him as starter next season...Thats unacceptable in every way. Not just getting back Giovinco, but we need a bonafide AM to replace him.

I defenitely want him to stay and play on, but if he retired, it would be a blessing in disguise due to how it would force the club to upgrade immediately. Despite how he has declined, he leaves quite the vacuum to fill.

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
Upgrade? I think this is very hard. Juve has all the wingers in the world that don't hug the sidelines. A change in system is of course necessary if not replacing Nedved with a clone, but either way you look at it a player full of running like Nedved leaving hurts.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
He needs to consider the bench if he stays on. He'll do more coming off the bench IMO.

I wouldn't mind him playing on if this was certain to happen, but i cant help but think that the coach will ever bench him while he is still playing professional football...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I would really like for Nedved to stay another season and he probably will. the ideal situation would be him staying, along with Giovinco's return AND a top signing as his replacement because I don't really see Giovinco as Nedved's replacement anyway.

The team is going through a rebuilding process and we will be seeing a lot of new faces (hopefully), so Nedved will be important in keeping the stability of the team as well as sharing his experience and the Juve mentality and traditions with the new faces and youngsters so we don't lose the "DNA." His experience will be vital for our CL campaign.

And yes, I hope his role will be no more than a bench player at most.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I agree with Craka.

I assume he is an important figure for the club in general. Would be good having him to transfer some of his mentality and experience for everyone in the team. Especially that player which eventually is taking his place.

Have a feeling he will go for one more shot at the champions league.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Just saw a video of Nedved in a recent interview, said that he wants to concentrate on Golf. :googly:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Nedved won't have much time to practice golf in the next months. He just extended his contract for one more year according to Juventus.com (Italia). Great news.

·
Registered
17,740 Posts
That's fine, but we need valid alternatives to him, the club has to ensure that.

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
Indeed, an alternative is a must (besides Giovinco). But its great to hear he will stay with us a final year, we need his strong mentality and experience.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
whoohooo

I am very happy Pavel is staying. He is the player i hold dearest to my heart after the divine ponytail.

I hope that Juve retire his number our of respect for the type of player that he is.
This is after lowering their flags halfway the day he retires ofcourse.
He might not be the best player Juve ever had, but he is certainly the player that signifies hunger, determination and a fighting spirit. For this very reason he deserves to be honored, and not just by Juventus, but by the whole football world.
I would take Nedved over Zidane without the slightest doubt. I know what i will be missing, but i know damn well what i would be getting! I have seen both on top form, and have followed them enough to make such a statement.

FORZA NEDVED! You'll always be in my heart.

You make many fans proud to be wearing those colors. You are the tradition!

Thank You!

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
:proud:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts