Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall a pretty boring game I have to say, I expected a lot more from this encounter and it dissapointed, BUT! we won 2-0! That's very important! All we have to do is score in Munchen and the tie is over IMO. That's not too much to ask for, especially Bayern playing such sh|te!

Now to the game itself:
First half: A good agme it has to be said, Anelka scored his FIRST goal for Real, which was really his goal, a great shot, no help from the defender, just great! I'm glad (too bad he was so bad later :() We were constantly attacking and the second goal was a deserved one, Jeremies! hahahahaha! IMO we could've pulled a third one, but we didn't :( And Bayerns attack was such crap tonight really nothing they did was worth mentioning, EXCEPT!!! that shot from tarnat! I almost had a heartattack!
Second half: the ref Anders Frisk made a mess fo things! Really unnecesarry stuff going on./ I agree Karanka got a card for something, but Salihamidzic (as much as I like him) should've walked for that dive agaisnt Salgado! And because of that Michel is out of the next leg! :( :( :( :( Then the clear foul on Slagado on the right side, and Frisk instead of stopping play and booking ??? waves play on. The conseqeunce: Ivan Campo almost broke ???'s Leg!!! But he missed, BUt like i said he took quiet a swing. All in all really ugly stuff I could keep going on and on...
And Bayern could've easily scored, that header that went a centimeter form the post! WOW! But we also could've easily made it 3-0! Only Lizarazu saved Bayerns ass on a couple of occasions.

Man of the match: NONE IMO
Antiman of the match: Anders Frisk (he should've sent of at least one Germna in the first half! the challenges were flying in on Morientes from Liza, Linke and others!, really bad :()

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
You got to be joking about that Salgado thing. (the latter of them) Salgado dived and that's very obvious. Watch the replay, he falls a LOT after the supposed contact to Santa Cruz. And what's worse he lied there and whined for two minutes. Del Bosque looked very worried that Salgado was injured. Then Salgado was helped to the side of the field and he immediately came back running full speed. Very unsportsmanlike. :(

Of course almost everyone else dives too, but I'm glad the referee saw that situation correctly.

[This message has been edited by Kafka (edited 03-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and I didn't mention:
McManaman - very good game, was once agin impressed
Raul - another ingenious performance - that chip that almost beat Kahn! ah... :)
Campo - first time I like him ;)
Anelka - well he scored, that's what he's out there for, but in the second half he really started playing crap :(
Savio - showed he's starting to regain form, even though he was only 20 min on the fiedl! YES! :)
Balic - can he play on the right???
Redondo - didn't let his presence be felt more! BUT he once agains howed he's thecnically superb.

Oh and something from me:
The mistake in our formation was there was no left winger tonight! BAD MISTAKE. In the CL, we have scored 24 goals (till today) and 18 of thewm came from the left wing. How could del Bosque oversee this? I guess it's not fair to question a coach when he wins, but IMO we should've done more against such a SH|T Bayern. Rememeber Effe is back next week :(

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What!? It's clear S.C. makes contact with Salgados feet! It was no dive and the ref made a mistake! Anyway the least bAyern could've done was throw the ball out! They behaved unsportsmanlike!

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
There might have been contact but still Salgado clearly fell a lot after the contact and faked injury. :(

Anyway, It's not that big a deal. Congrats for the win! :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Salgado did not fake. Why? He already beat the bayern guy(S.C.?) to the ball and he had passed him. There was absolutely no point in faking, he had a clear way to the goal! I think Frisk really made a mess fo things on this call. but like you said! We WON!!!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
The first half was all Real and the 2nd half was all Bayern.

Anelka made the difference though, he managed to put away one of his many chances, while Elber squandered the handful of chances he had.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i decided not to see the game even though i could have...i thought it would be a boring game since munich is playing and i was told that the game was boring..besides that, i am very happy to the real madrid avenge their 2 losses against them.

i expect a fully solid game by real madrid to advance and face VALENCIA!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Man of the match was definitely Ivan Campo.He put up an impressive performance equal to these he made with Mallorca and gave him a place at Spain.Trully fantastic,the guy wasd EVERYWHERe even at the attack making headers and back heel passes.

HALA CAMPO!

(but could someone PLEASE give him a haircut? :))

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

M

·
0 Posts
Helas! Someone who will give Ivan Campo his due... True, his playing has been erratic at times, but with Hierro out, he's shown himself to be more than capable in Europe, now if only he can keep that form in the Liga.

Something people might not want to hear...Maybe it's time that Hierro thought about retiring or becoming a staff member. Seems he's always out for something.

And finally: I think that Anelka had a fine match. I see a lot of complaning about him being crap, but in the match I saw last night Anelka, Salgado and Macca were the only ones making plays. Every time Raul had the ball, he tried to do footwork and lost it.

D

·
0 Posts
Madrilene, I also thought Ivan Campo played a good game except for some misplaced clearances. But is that really enough to make Hierro want to retire? I doubt it. Fernando'll in his old self be back next season.

Also, Anelka, Salgado and Macca were the only ones making plays and Raul just doing footwork and losing the ball? Raul made both goals!

Anywayz, welcome to the forum! :) :) :)

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 04-05-2000).]

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks dwMB!

Let me clarify: Hierro isn't getting any younger. I think his case is much like that of Sanchis. They are both living legends for Real. However, as great as Hierro is and was, the defense can't continually count on him to be their role model. Do I make sense? I know what I want to say! =)

I certainly hope that Fernando will be back as good as ever, even as soon as next week!

Yes, Raul had a stellar game against MU (in fact I even framed the edition of Marca celbrating the return). I thought he was off form, of that Bayern managed to contain him last night. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Morientes set up Anelka's goal and the own goal could be attritbuted to Salgago, no?

Thanks, I look forward to contributing here!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I see no reason to blame the referee (Anders Frisk) for anything. I think he did a good job on the night. Real won the game deservedly. Redondo controlled midfield with his accurate passes, Macca was all over the place. Salgado had a great game, and so too had Ivan Campo. I think Real will score in Munich. In that case Bayern need 4 goals to reach the final. That won't happen. It will be an all Spanish affair in the final.

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

D

·
0 Posts
Madrilene, it was actually Raul who made that pass to Anelka for the first goal. And Jeremies own goal came after a slick 1-2 between Raul and Salgado. Also, the goal that was disallowed because Morientes was offside was also set-up by him. And that exquisite chip! Only Raul would try that! And if I know, he tried that shot to get back at Olie Kahn for being so nasty to Roberto Carlos.

Good point, Jan A. If Real scores in Munich, we're going to Paris! :) :)

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 04-05-2000).]

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Frisk made two mistakes for me,

1) He missed the foul on Salgado, the guy may have acted a little but he was brought down.
2) The penalty Real should have had but instead gave a foul against Macca. Can someone please explain that too me.

Also did anyone notice that Macca was playing the holding role in the second half. I thought it was impressive that he was soo disciplined.

People do not get carried away with Campo. The fact that a good game for him is almost breaking a guys leg and making a few mistakes is not good enough for a Real defence. He will put his head where no-one else would be as Lab says so often he is erratic.

Man of the match for Real - Jeremies - maybe he thinks that it would make more people like him after the stamping in Einhoveen, not likely. Wow did he stink.

Also Raul created both goals which I argue is creative.

Savio need more strength as well as it seems he is easy to push over. Maybe this would affect his speed.

BTW - YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Call me crazy Madriline, but Raul was THE man on the pitch last night. Even Hitzfield admitted it after the game - he was so dangerous with those passes through and the Salgado (almost) goal was all him.

About Campo: had a good game, but that happens to everyone once in a while, and that's not enough at Real :( but we'll see I guess?

And the barber really should get a hold of him :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree on Macca - last night for the first time I really payed attention to what he was doing and I realised the guy is a free role in Madrid - he just keeps running and running and then running agian! All over the palce, once on the right, once on the left. Absolutley outstanding! Something Anelka could learn BTW :(

M

·
0 Posts
Was there a square foot on the pitch last night that wasn't stamped by McManaman's feet? His work ratio was enormous! The entire team did very well what they needed to do. Raul was very close to his best. But for me Macca was THE MAN, simply because everybody else managed to have breaks, but he didn't. He played with such heart and passion, he was a 'concrete' in Madrid's midfield. Before he was known for his trademark mazy runs and fantastic goals, but last night it was new McMan, he was the Headquarters on the field tying up back, center, front, right and left. And instead of getting tired he managed to run even more to take every single corner on both sides, and did waste none of them. Awesome! He and Redondo played like a perfect unit, and I liked Raul playing slightly behind the front two. IMO that's his perfect position.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts