Xtratime Community banner

Candidate for a Inter's Left Back position

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several areas of our team need to be compromised. I think we have done enough talking about a central defender, and I think the club acknowledges it with rumors to Samuel, Hyppia, and a supposed deal for Luisao done.

Now the next question is this-

What do about our left-back situation?

There are many many options.

1) Parisi- Great Italian left-back, late 20's who is shining in the Serie A
2) Pasquale- Playing pretty above average with his new team, but when he comes back, if he does, will he just continue to flop in the post-Cuper era?
3) Potenza- Great defender at Chievo who defended against the best of them- Is it his time to step up and go the distance
4) Evra- More information needed, but linked to him = Some say too much of an attacker
5) Maxwell- Ajax LB that we have been linked to forever! Will he ever come?
6) Dede- Some say the best LB in the world- When will he move from a cash strapped Borussia Dortmund?
7) Roberto Carlos- Some say he is on his way out of Madrid- Is a return to Inter in the books?
8) Favalli- He has played much better of late, but such an old defender- Who has just been shined out of the Italian NT- Who is into his 30s!
9)Coco- The fans said, let him recover- He recovered- The fans said play him- He played- The fans said he sucked- He did suck- The fans said give him more chances- Yet to come- Why no chances? - Injured again- And at the end, just give it up- Stop trying to make something out of a bad deal and call it a failure and move on
10) Cole- Longshot- Gone to Chelsea if anything
11) Zambrotta- Notice the name of their club is Juventus, not Inter. That means no helping of Direct rivals
12) Maldini- Just a joke, haha
13) Jankulowski- Already transferred to Milan? Who knows? The Italian media is full of rumors, such as the supposed Gilardino sale, but nothing is set in stone
14) Clemento Rodriguez?
15) Sorin?

That's all for now

Firdaus, can you please put a poll with these options? With showing who voted for who? And also stick a poll in the Coppa Italia thread? Thanks bro.

I think that we should go for talent rather than name. In our era, we have so many needs and a lesser budget (CL) so we must go for what we have in an area that we have pretty good quality, I must admit. Potenza with Pasquale in backup next year, Favallii in reserves.

No use spending money where we have talent, spend money where we don't have talent on loan or in the youth.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I think we should get clemente rodriguez, but that is just my opinion

Sorin would be good as well IMO

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too familiar with those players, mind describing their features, stats, teams, feats?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
well sorin is currently playin for villareal, really the engine of villareal at this time he also starts for argentina

he is currently playing LM but is capable of playing LB. but in reality he is all over the pitch constantly running and giving it his all for 90 min

clemente rodriguez is the true star IMO he played w/ burdisso for boca juniors
re resembles roberto carlos, i.e. another attacking very quick LB w/ killer low side crosses

but I'm also quite biased towards argentina

IMO maxwell and evra would fit just fine

but I do think if u want a bargain sorin or clemente would be a gr8 buy

forza argentine's playing for inter
best combination

although we do have luisao from brazil

he played in the copa america and is very good in the air
so jz-cordoba-luisao-burdisso would be a great defence and there would be no need to buy anyone

actually IMO this would be the best way to go :thumbsup:

plus are new keeper julio cesar, pure class as well

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Riise? :neutral:

He has a lot of go forward and defensively he couldn't really be worse than Roberto Carlos. Won't come cheap though.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Here are my thoughts on the possible candidate for Inter's left back position.

Coco -----> Let us be realistic guys, it is time to stop hoping that he is going to mkake some sort of a miraculous comeback to top form. He has been back playing for a few months now and we have not seen him. Some might argue that Mancini is bias in favour of Favalli but if Coco is not showing form that is equal to, if not better than Favalli, then why would mancini leave him out? The simple answer is that he is no longer capable of playing competitive football at the highest level and we should stop waiting for and counting on him.

Roberto Carlos -----> He can not defend and for those who argue that he can, I believe his footballing powers are on the wane. Essentially, we are talking about a player who is over 30, cant defend and is showing signs of weakening ability. Why would we want him? Reputation? Experience? There are better players around and Inter should not waste their time on a player who will only be able to make a limited contribution.

Pasquale -----> Saw his cross that led to Siena's second goal against Milan. He was running down the flank and crossed the ball with great confidence. I am not sure if he has been playing regularly for Siena and how he has been performing but he certainly looks more confident. He should at least be considered as a reserve for the player that might be brought in.

Favalli - Should be a reserve for the player that is brought in. At the moment, he might be able to help us in our quest for the Coppa but when the new campaign starts, Inter need stability and consistency in that position and I do not believe that an ageing Favalli is the answer.

Jankulowski ------> Would not mind if he signed for Inter but it appears Milan beat us to him.

Zambrotta -----> Has recently been linked to Chelsea. Not sure if there is much truth in that rumour. In my opinion he is a player that Juventus would not want to lose to any opponent but if he leaves then his replacement will be the player whom I would target to be Inter's starting left back.

And that player is:

Giorgio Chiellini -----> Currently on loan to Fiorentina from Juventus. Realistically, I would like Zambrotta to stay at Juventus which will ensure that Chiellini does not get a game and might look for another club. The guy is a giant. He is solid, hard to beat, intimidating and he knows how to get up field. Further, he is born in 1984 which makes him 21 years of age. The guy is class and in my opinion, Moratti should do everything in his power to sign him.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Dont know about this one, its a tough choice. The problem with most of these LB's is trying to lure them from their current clubs. I would love to see Dede or Evra as what i ve heard from they are top quality left backs. Also Inter01's analysis of Chiellini seems like he is a future superstar so wouldnt mind him.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
half the players on that list would not be willing to come to inter when theyve got offers from ohter big clubs. simply most of them are out of our reach . people whom we can get are maxwell and evra and clemente rodriguez (i dont know who he is though)
id go for maxwell.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
How about Hugo Ibarra at Espanyol? Though Dede and Clemente Rodrigues are not bad options either. As for Sorin, he isn't a big-club player. The others in the list are too old or too pathetic except for Zambrotta. But he plays for JuveScum. But I believe Ibarra's the best option.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Isnt Ibarra primarily a RB. Dont know if he has a good left foot. I know he is a flanker though, but i am pretty sure he plays on the right.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
yash_marathe said:
How about Hugo Ibarra at Espanyol? Though Dede and Clemente Rodrigues are not bad options either. As for Sorin, he isn't a big-club player. The others in the list are too old or too pathetic except for Zambrotta. But he plays for JuveScum. But I believe Ibarra's the best option.
Forget Ibarra, he's too offensive minded. Very skillful on the ball, dangerous on the wing. But a defensive liability, in fact just look at how his career developed. Considered to be very good for Boca, yet he never broke into the NT. Failure at Porto, they didn't want him for more than one year, then he had a great season on loan at Monaco (but do remember that Monaco were weak defensively) and they didn't want to keep him anyway. Now he's playing for Espanyol, a club that has performed way above expectation, but nevertheless no bigger club wanted to sign Ibarra. He's not Inter material. He's also a right back, not a left back.

As for Pulsar's question, it's interesting but I don't have an immediate answer. Chiellini sounds like a good idea but Inter don't have the best record in developing talent.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Potenza is the man. Inter youth product knows the club well. Can play lb,rb and cd. Was part of the same youth that produced oba martins.

And we already own him. So need to spend a dime. He has proved he is good enough in serie a. Maybe needs a bit of expierence but since there seems to be no stop gap available till het gets it we should follow the example milan did with Maldini and give potenza his chance.

Forza Inter
Forza Potenza

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I voted for Chiellini. I cant believe I forgot to mention this guy in the new season thread. He's the one we should go for, although I'm not sure Juve will let him go.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm forgot all about Chiellini, silly me..thanks for bringing that up

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
bro u forgot CHIVU i think the best option out there.
or ZAMBO
we gave them CANNA
THEY LL
GIVE US
ZAMBO

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
we have luisao and IMO he is capable of starting in the center and burdisso can play in the left

therefore no need to buy anyone

but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
dude we need
EXTRA CLASS
like juve
like milan
not burdisso
burdisso is a good bench player.
we need ZAMBO N CHIVU
then we can say that we do have a EXTRA CLASS DEFENSE

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
COOLNTALL said:
not burdisso
burdisso is a good bench player.
You must've seen a lot of his matches with Boca. Or are you just assuming that since he pretty much was decent in what few chances he had with us?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts