Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i think we can win the scudetto...but i m not so sure with the squad we have, we can win the CL or not because it seems to me that our midfield still has some problem...as i have pointed out in another post, i don't think conceicao and okan can get the things done...let say we play CZ and dalmat in the central midfield as dalmat himself wishes...dibi, almeyda, emre, and farinos as backups (pretty decent)...that's GOOD central midfield... but look at our left wingers, recoba and guly?? i don't think that's good enough...i don't think cuper wants to keep playing recoba on the left...guly is crap as u all know...on the right, we have conceicao and okan...and probably morfeo as well... i don't know if morfeo is good enough to start for us...dalmat can also play there but will cuper play him there?? and also, we need a better left back backup for coco...geo is as good as gone...i don't think we can rely on serena so much...remember, we have to play so many games next year...i really think we need one more decent left back in case if geo leaves...

if we get 2 more wingers and a fine left back (zauri?)...we should be able to win the scudetto and challenge the CL.. :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Then their was the 2002/03 season...

Our back is preety decent & I don't think Nesta's acquisition will gaurantee anything (not to mention the 30m tag),the midfield is where that money should go,a Joaquim would be good but that is another story...

Everything (for lack of a better word) depends on Ronaldo's ACL & Vieri's uncooperative muscles it they are healthy the scudetto,CL even the nobel prize are ours,Kallon et al are respectable deputies but the afformentioned pricey tandem will part the red sea for us,if we don't bring home any silverware this season dis here mofo will be a dissapointed fela...

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
For the Record a Milan fan started this :D

With all honesty and respect, I see that we are still very far from being a clear cut favorite in any competition. Sure we are always a thrad due to the incredible talent pool we posses, however our squad is an unbalanced one.

We have a great attack all clubs should envy our strikers, we are the best when healthy, no doubt about it; and It seems Ronaldo and Vieri are finally on a good roll.

Our Midfield is umbalanced, most wont agree but we have too many central midfielders lots of quality but our winger sucks ( I agree with carson on this point.

We can have an attacking central midfield with Dalmat and Emre, also we could have an ultra defensive one with Gigi and Cristiano, we could combine both qualities, and let's not forget Farinos, almeyda, Morfeo . In my opinion we also have one of the strongest central midfields in the world, it doesnt mean Cuper plays them to our full potential since probably Dibiago will be a starter but we got the players to produce if needed.

Leftwing, Guly is not a real left wing niether is Recoba, for crying out loud this is a shame for inter they dont have an authentic player on this position, just some guys that we needed to fill that particular roll. If we cant get Kily or Jorgensen I'll be very dissapointed in our chairman.

Right wing is a bit better since we have J Zanetti :tongue: who can play there, okan is a great backup Conceicao is our big question mark, Eriberto would be perfect for us, but we got Ferraro and Vivas so Pupi might see more time as a right winger who knows!

I'm not very fond of our Central defenders, I believe the need more personality or charecter, Well Cordoba is a gifted athlete, he just has some mental lapses from time to time, Materazzi is very good for the air game, but slow,and sometime tries to be a tad offensive, and he is not a leader or have that presence like Nesta has, but other than that we got great depth with Gamarra and Sorondo.

Right Back, Well with our captain Vivas and Ferraro I have no complains, unless we could get Carles puyol:howler:

Coco great addition for us, but what If he gets injured? we are screwed, so get a cheap decent leftback for insurance.

So there you have it Folks we are close to greatness but we still must adress some issues, if we do before the season starts I'll be bold enough to say we will win the scudetto and CL, (meaning we get Eriberto, Nesta, Kily) if not we could win something but I wouldnt be so sure about it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Scudetto!As simple as that!Last season without R9 we came that close to win it why cant we complete our dreams this season with a 75% R9 and the great experience we had last season?!Sure as hell we could win it!As for CL,we could go all the way but I dont expect us to win it,making to the Semis will be a great achievement to me this season,we'll win it at 03/04 when all our young leds be more mature!

Until now we had a few reinforcement in the squard which indeed made us even stronger!And Nesta or not,one more good bench central defender and Eriberto will complete our squard.

GK:Toldo,Fontana,Moreau

DF:J.Zanetti,Ferraro,Cordoba,Materazzi,Gamarra,Sorondo,Coco,Serena

MF:Eriberto,Conceicao,Farinos,DiBi,Christiano,Almayda,Emre,Guly,Dalmat,Recoba

AT:Ronaldo,Vieri,Corradi,Kallon

Good enough for sure to challange the scudetto!However,if,somehow Nesta come,and we could give Lazio Conceicao,Materazzi or Ventola instead,then we could even challange for CL IMO!!

let's hope we could find a optimal solution for Nesta!

FORZA INTER!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I´ve enjoyed reading this thread..

At first..I ws kinda positive that we will win atleast the scodetto..but now when u´ve showe me more facts, that I shoud have thought about..hmm..

but it all doesnt count on nestaa arrival, or if guly plays from start. it counts on how well the players are when the season starts..how they will manage the marathon...will see!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Look at BOBAN

No phuckin respect

f-u-k Milan and f-u-k their pig f-u-kin fans Peezes of Serie B sh!t

And this season. Nothing but the scudetto will satisfy me. But i don't expect it unless we sign Nesta

if we sign Nesta i will surely expect it and most importantly is to win our first Serie A game of teh season and qualify for teh Champions League

C.L. we should prob. reach the 1/4 finals who knows. If it is this season that they abolish the second group phase then yes. INTER might actually do well with the less games And maybe Italian teams on a whole

But most important is Serie A i guess

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
No tazz, its the season after next that theyre changing the format, but i dont get why your so downbeat about your chances in the CL?Italians are guaranteed much better success in the CL and Inter as well as anyone can compete for it;)

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
The Scudetto is ours if Ronaldo and Bobo stay fit. That is a big 'if' though. The CL is probably just out of Inter's reach (I tip the bottomless pockets of Real Madrid), but I think that a semi-final place is reasonable. Not only does this get us lots of lovely lucre, but also is a step towards winning it the year after.

I also tip AC to be relegated with Juventus, Roma and Lazio, with Como, Modena and Empoli getting the other CL places. A poor end of season for the rock-bottom club from Turin, with a defeat against Fasano on penalties in the Cup Final.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I expect Inter to mount a serious championship challenge this season.I expect them to finish in the top 3 of Serie A and I wouldn't settle for anything less than the title:mad: I have had enough of the heartbreaks esp after last season:depress: This time I want and expect the scudetto !!! As for CL I think we might go far but I don't expect Inter to win cos we have been out of the competition since 98:eek: But I must remind all Inter fans we are yet to qualify:nervous:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Last year we though that Gresko could be a Descent enough fix in the left, we Expected a better Conceicao. Let's not fool eachother this time around, Materazzi and Conceicao should be out in favour of some improvement. like we can really think about winning.

This is a tricky bussiness. If we had a more offensive coach our current line-up would be perfect, since most of the responsabilities falls on our attack which until now its our stronger side. Since we got Cuper and he is very defensive and counter-attacking like we need a very solid defense partly because we will be in the back defending, and we are going to get attacked a lot, if Matrix decides to have a day off like in the world cup, a little mistake will be doom for us.

Cuper doesnt like big names, if he has let Moratti persuit Nesta, that can tell us that he really feels we need an upgrade in that position.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well Juve is as strong as ever.
Parma has a bunch of kids who are hungry and have pure raw talent which = expolisvness and unpredicatability
Milan is boosted with Simic and the team as a whole is better off with the Senatori gone, not to mention JDT is a great backup
LAzio is out and done with...midtable
Roma has the team but their central midfield is looking weak.

IF Carlo can let milan start with Pirlo serghino and seedrof we should do ok goalwise. And if simic fullfils all that promise the def should be ok.

Juve is like always

Inter has a leftback....strong central midfield, good attack. But in the WC def's were easy on R9. i expect them to crunch and tackle hard the Phenomenom, the WC was a nice welcome back party, but now he is gonna face the worlds tightest and hardest tackling defences. BEST OF LUCK TO HIM!

I think it will be a milano, turin top 3 no doubts

Whoever does the best in CL will probably lose out in the leauge unless they can call up on a strong and deep bench.

Best of luck to ya guys...cant wait till the derby, and i assume the bet is on as usual :D :tongue: right jimmy ;)

Lav

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I expect Inter to challenge for the Scudetto.

Its going to be tough though, with alot of teams challenging, Juventus-Roma and Milan.

But i really hope Inter can win the Scudetto after last seasons bad luck:(.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Calcio - I want to win it like all of you guys and I'm confident our players will be hungry, motivated and with more experience then the following season. Ronaldo & Vieri will probably play more games together and that should turn out to be good. I don't see any real weaknesses in our roster right now so I really don't see why we wouldn't be able to win the scudetto after 13 years of being left hungry!

Champions League - I would be happy if we made the semi finals and represented Italia and leaving the CL with pride. Anything more would just be unexpected I guess.

Coppa Italia - I don't expect us to do well in the Coppa but if Juventus can get to the finals against Parma like last season then why can't we?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
As of Today Juventus, Lazio, Roma, Parma and Inter have better defenses than Milan. Milan have Clarence seedorf and Rui Costa, they are sort of Ricky Martin, one hit wonders, well In the cases of this players they got like 4 incredible or good games a year.

Milan also have Ancelotti, who would be like lippi in his second season at Inter or even worse. I still dont understand Milan's supporter optimisn they have a bunch of overrated players :

Pippo
Seedorf
Rui Costa
Gattuso

This Rossonero team reminds me a lot of that Lippi-Tardelli season.

They need too many fixes, look maldini will have to reitre one day, it is evident he is a lot slower, Milan its not like Roma that basically needs 1 striker to resolve thier problems you need defenders and right wingers, Seedorf is better on the left :D believe or not.

All of this is up to today maybe they get cannavaro and Asta or Eriberto and improve a lot more, but Right now we are a tad Better

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
SpaceAgentCobra said:
As of Today Juventus, Lazio, Roma, Parma and Inter have better defenses than Milan. Milan have Clarence seedorf and Rui Costa, they are sort of Ricky Martin, one hit wonders, well In the cases of this players they got like 4 incredible or good games a year.

Milan also have Ancelotti, who would be like lippi in his second season at Inter or even worse. I still dont understand Milan's supporter optimisn they have a bunch of overrated players :

Pippo
Seedorf
Rui Costa
Gattuso

This Rossonero team reminds me a lot of that Lippi-Tardelli season.

They need too many fixes, look maldini will have to reitre one day, it is evident he is a lot slower, Milan its not like Roma that basically needs 1 striker to resolve thier problems you need defenders and right wingers, Seedorf is better on the left :D believe or not.

All of this is up to today maybe they get cannavaro and Asta or Eriberto and improve a lot more, but Right now we are a tad Better
Sorry man, but we have Simic, Maldini, Kahka, Laursen,

All are good and capble not to mention canna might be arriving.

Rui costa is a player i have been slammmiong on my forum but he is not overrated. hey kido watch him with fiore and u should relise he is not overrated, he has just been **** for us but not that it is a problem we have Pirlo.

As for Pippo he has one of the best goalscoring ratios in the leauge....he may be ugly and talentless but at least he scores.

Not to mention that we have ambrosini back who i have no problems saying is the best defensive mid in the seria a.

And sheva is finlly rested after 3 years of non stop playing and no rest. he had the last few months of the season off.

dont be looking at our shortcoming...inter hs no wingers, the attack is relied onto two men both of whom have glass legs that break more often then not, not to mention the fact that u got a nice morale downer in the locker room in the form of COCO.

Lav

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Rui Costa is only good on very offensive minded teams, plus you didnt talk about Ancelotti, do you still trust him? Well I dont wanna make this a Milan thread I only care about us getting nesta and a left winger

1 - 20 of 30 Posts