Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering the nice football so far I am amazed that the audience is SO silent. Doesn't seem like they appreciate football at all. And this is the cream of football - start shouting people!
It's not tennis - matches so far sounds like a 3rd division match here in Denmark. As I have to watch this WC on TV some of the joy disappears without an enthousiastic crowd...

Let's have football back to Europe or South America!

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
EXACTLY !!

It's shamefull. Where are the neutrals? where's the noise?

This is turning out to be a shamefull disgrace for the two host nations. There's no passion in the crowds, you can sometimes hear a pin drop.

Bring it back to Europe or South America, where people actually appreciate football and it's beauty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't worry people......... they will start shouting. I think it will be soon, when Argentina vs. Nigeria plays for example.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I agree with you guys, imagine what the final will be like? It could just be something that will only happen over the first few days and the crowd will gradually get into it I reckon.

The only real atmosphere was made by the Irish fans in todays game against Cameroon.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
yea i noticed the silience in the germany game sheesh

perhaps there tryin to set a new record -- most slient soccer match ever

hopefully the england games will have much better atmosphere

if they dont well its a disgrace for the host nations

but there cud b a reason 4 the silent and less pasionate fans.....

there are no big national teams in asia or that part of the world....people/fans may of mised out in traveling bcuz its too expensive and stuff :depress:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I agree that not many countries have brought masses of fans due to the prices but wait till tommorrow morning at 10.30, then you'll hear the noise.........I hope :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Wait untill some games like Brazil vs Turkey get going and you'll hear all the Brasilliero's screaming for the best team in the world! :cool:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The South Korea and Japan games are obviously going to be noisy, but I think games involving the likes of England and Italy will be pretty noisy too because their star players (Beckham, Totti etc) attract a huge following amongst 'neutrals' in Japan and Korea

I dont think however the neutrals are being less quiet than normal, its just that there are fewer European and South American fans who have been able to travel and support their teams because of the expense involved.

Also not wishing to sound biased :)D ) but the absence of countries like the Netherlands and Scotland has meant tens of thousands of noisy fans haven't travelled as well - both countries support goes in very large numbers :(

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
But we must admit that we have seen very good football so far:happy:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
THAT'S WHAT I TOLD MY FRIENDS ON THE 1ST GAME, THEY SAID "NAH, IT BECAUSE FRANCE ARE LOSING".... 2ND GAME "NOT MANY URUGUAYAN GO TO KOREA", 3RD GAME "WELL, IT'S TOO LATE EVENING TO PLAY A SOCCER" ..... Thx God someone noticed this thing ... WORST WC EVER SO FAR !!! :(:(:( and ironically I was waiting for 4 years :(

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
what did you guys really expect? this is after all japan and korea, these fans arent exactly known for there passion plus the fact that its so far and expensive to get to the world cup means more japanese and korean spectators and less europeans and south americans. thank god the next world cup is in germany and not south africa.

·
Registered
333 Posts
All your points are well taken. I would rather the World Cup be in Europe or South America, or even Mexico.

I'm pretty sure I've heard that folks in this part of Asia can be quite reserved at these type of events (although I doubt they will be when Japan or Korea play)

Anyone who watched Buster Douglas knock out Tyson might remember that the fans in Tokyo were silent during the fight.

Maybe the English with their roster of songs will spark something and loosen up the crowd.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Lazindo01 said:
... WORST WC EVER SO FAR !!! :(:(:( and ironically I was waiting for 4 years :(
I certainly wouldnt say it is the worst so far, there has been many goals (mainly due to the Germany game), but you cant judge it after 4 games!!!

·
International
8,545 Posts
Yeah it's been quiet, I don't think many Croats made the trip but we do have a lot in Australia so hopefully many of them made their way to Japan.

You need the crowd involvement in games, it's just not the same without it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ruud Van Nistleroy...

You're right. At Euro 2000, when Portugal played England, it seemed as if the game was being played in England; what with all the songs and crowd noise as England went ahead 2-0.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
To me, this has been a great WC, the games, are tight, except the germany gema, it looks very exciting,.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts