Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it's a bid of a shame to sign McAllister cuz he's a middle aged bald man at the age of 35

He don't get me wrong i like him and his playing stile and might even do good at liverpool.

BUT Liverpool is a club for big names, more like ZZ or Baggio, even Hamman or Berger.
But a 35 old thats already had it's best days should not be a liverpool player!

C

·
0 Posts
I can't imagine McAllister in the red kit!He belonges in Coventry.Trying to get a hold of Baggio would make more sense.Anyone but McAllister.Give him the coach job right away and keep him of the pitch.Well he'll give expirience to the younger players,but there are better players with expirience Liverpool could have purchased.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I guess the logic is that McAllister has so many years of Premiership experience, and would be able to fit into the pace of the game immdiately.

I read an article on Total Football this month, sort of an interview with McAllister. What he said showed that he is a man who knows the games. This is the only reason why I think GH wants him.

To be true - I was stunned too when I realised we're getting him. I still can't forget his famous PK miss v England in Euro 96.

X

·
0 Posts
GH said that mcallister's job will be to nurture all the youngsters like gerard around him.

yeah he'll probably be offered a coaching job afterwards!

anyway talking of roberto baggio..there's a new rumour linking GH to him again..
baggio said he is now resigned to leaving inter cos of lack of 1st team opportunities

anyway ..remember when Gh was considering bringing him on loan before buying heskey!??

X

·
0 Posts
hey he's not that bad!
coming from a smaller club doesn't mean he's not good at all...
we may boast to have stars like redders, hamann and gerard in our team...but mcallister has scored more goals than these 3 combined!

M

·
0 Posts
McAllister is a useful purchase. I doubt he'll play, but we got him for nothing and he has a lot of experience and will be useful to the younger players.

D

·
0 Posts
Mcallister will be used as a reserve, then he will sit in the stands. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. At the age of 35, he will definitely not do wonders for Liverpool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts