Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes the rumours are true ladies...forum legend Ante is back.

All your PMs and messages on other media have convinced me to come back....though never forget, I was always here with you.

I could not stay away from my beloved Croatian brothers and "brothers" from the WWE. For I am you, you are me.

Anyways...

S.hit has gotten "real" here with schools being shut down....and ffs, had tickets to Toronto FC for tonight and the MLS is postponed....and my beloved Croatia might not get to win Euro 2020 this summer if its postponed...ffs

Nevertheless, Ante is back. Time to pump up the reaction score ratings and trigger the south americans....:cool:

#IstandwithAnte

·
Registered
65,200 Posts
Yes the rumours are true ladies...forum legend Ante is back.

All your PMs and messages on other media have convinced me to come back....though never forget, I was always here with you.

I could not stay away from my beloved Croatian brothers and "brothers" from the WWE. For I am you, you are me.

Anyways...

S.hit has gotten "real" here with schools being shut down....and ffs, had tickets to Toronto FC for tonight and the MLS is postponed....and my beloved Croatia might not get to win Euro 2020 this summer if its postponed...ffs

Nevertheless, Ante is back. Time to pump up the reaction score ratings and trigger the south americans....:cool:

#IstandwithAnte
Simmer down Jerry Maguire.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Croatian NT is past it at this point.
There's no doubt postponement of the tournament is going to affect us. If it's pushed back to 2021, of the nominal starting XI we're going to have five players well into veteran stage - Modrić (35), Rakitić (33), Perišić (32), Lovren (32) and Vida (32).

That's the core of our midfield and defence and it's highly questionable if these guys will be able to carry out another Russia 2018 or anything close to it. All of them except Vida are no longer automatic starters at club level and another 12 months will see them decline even more.

What this does to us is derail the transition process which would have come naturally through the Euros and to a lesser extent the Nations League. In all likelihood, we're not going to have enough games between now and June 2021 to implement any substantial change or further experimentation/blooding so we'll have to go with a core that is well past it.

I'm hoping the coach has the courage and foresight to say goodbye to the veterans if and when the Euros are postponed. Key point for us now is to prepare for the next WC and have the younger and unproven guys ready for qualifying.

New first XI

Livaković - Vrsaljko, Barišić, Ćaleta-Car, Benković - Brozović, Kovačić - Vlašić, Brekalo, Rebić - Petković

New second XI

Grbić - Jedvaj, Bradarić, Pongračić, Katić - Rog, Bašić - Pašalić, Pjaca, Kramarić - Budimir

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Croatian NT is past it at this point.
Serb, never underestimate the power of the sacred Croatian jersey when our boys put it on....and our fans cheer them on. Anything is possible.

We are a football factory....greats come and go but the next great ones come. Its a never ending cycle of excellence. Its what we do. :coffee:

#weareCroatia
#youwishyouwere

·
Registered
65,200 Posts
I thought Croatia would have one more run in then this upcoming Euro but with the eyar delay I dunno. They'll be back to top 10 European NT status in not too long though, they have talent coming through.

·
Registered
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought Croatia would have one more run in then this upcoming Euro but with the eyar delay I dunno. They'll be back to top 10 European NT status in not too long though, they have talent coming through.
Not going to lie...this summer would likely be Luka and Rakitic at their peak and its downhill from here on.... Club wise, Rakitic barely plays now...and Luka is in an out of the line up but still oozes pure class....but they would definitely leave it all on the line for the NT if this was their last NT appearance. I don't kid, when our NT players put on our sacred shirt, they elevate their game....and even guys like Lovren who barely touches the field now for Liverpool would be ready and perform.

But like you said, we have a conveyor belt of talent and while Luka is irreplaceable...we will find a "next one" and play a different style and find a way to excel.

Other teams will have the same problem...Ronaldo will be one year closer to the end for Portugal....Spain will be one year closer to the end losing their heart and soul in Ramos...etc.

I wanted to see us kick England's a.ss again at Wembley this summer but alas, looks like we wont be playing then. Oh well. The memory of the semi in Russia will live on forever.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Ante, do the world a favour and give the Coronavirus the famous cold shoulder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts