Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alledgedly - tomorrow (today) Thursday evening Rai will show 6-7 minutes of video taken in a Parma locker room from the season 1998/1999 close to the UEFA cup final against Marseille, where Fabio Cannavaro injects the substance Neoton (now banned - at the time I think it wasn't, and in that respect similar to many of the points argued against Juve), and several teammates talk about what substances they take too.
The tape has been sent anonymously to Rai and it's expected to kick up a storm. Seems the drug stuff will reapperar.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Thanks for the old news.

Next day I bet we'll hear that Amoroso from Udinese signed for Parma. What a shocking move that would be :eekani:

Anyway, the thing Canna took then wasn't banned and that's it. Whether or not it's banned now doesn't matter. When he took it it was "fine" so..

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I don't know what Valdrin's problem is Glen. It was mentioned before, but only in another thread, the CSKA match thread.

Personally, I don't care. If it wasn't banned at the time then what is the fuss?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cam said:
I don't know what Valdrin's problem is Glen. It was mentioned before, but only in another thread, the CSKA match thread.

Personally, I don't care. If it wasn't banned at the time then what is the fuss?
Well... I think the problem is that it seems to have been a misadministration of a pharmaceutical product just like was the case with what Juve has been convicted of.
We used anti-depressants on players who weren't depressed for instance. The video tape will (or so it's said) show Cannavaro injecting a substance against cardiac problems without him having any cardiac problems.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
What I would then like to know is if Cannavaro took the substance on his own will, or if it was perscribed by a club doctor.

I'd also point out that AC Parma will be the club being investigated if anything happens, not FC Parma ;)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I would never inject drugs that could be smoked :stuckup:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
cam said:
What I would then like to know is if Cannavaro took the substance on his own will, or if it was perscribed by a club doctor.

I'd also point out that AC Parma will be the club being investigated if anything happens, not FC Parma ;)
From what I have read, he didnt take it on his own, he didnt even know what it was...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Cannavaro that fool . Guys forget this BS

Its all Canavaro's fault not your fault

Parma is class quality

cannavaro went to where his habits fit the team

JUVE THE DOPER

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Well back then we had ambition to actually win stuff (which we did, incidently), so it's quite natural that the players were injected with whatever. That's only the action of an ambitious club. To win at all costs.

Luckily nowadays, we have no ambition and thus no drugs/doping/whatever. You see, it all goes hand in hand.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Faisal said:
Blasi..Where is he now?
At Juventus... because unfortunately Capello/Moggi didn't grant Prandelli and Baldini their requests prior to the season - in which case he'd have been at Roma.

...and Maresca at Juve :(.

The horror....

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'm still trying to get worried or bothered about this. But how much of the team is even left from these days? About 1 physio probably & maybe a coach? For a substance that wasn't banned when this happened? If anything comes from this then it just shows what idiots the Italian football people are.

Although I'd settle for Canna getting banned for life now he's a Juventino...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Faisal said:
Woah calm down Glen, It was only a joke man, Don't take it so seriously... :tongue:
I don't - it was a tongue in cheek comment that aptly describes the importance of this in calcio - Italian calcio.

It won't matter - but the media will have a field day.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts