Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend were wondering who on your NT or in contention for an NT spot comes from Montenegro?
I know Predag Mijatovic and Savicevic were. Who on the NT now is.

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
from the current batch:

The Brnovic brothers (Nenad played more frequently, Bojan only once or twice)
Simon Vukcevic (our best young talent)
Vucinic (U21 team, plays for Lecce)

err, can't think of any more at the moment

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Branko Boskovic is as well I think.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Milos Maric, played for Zeta but he is from Serbia and began his career in Uzice.

Then we have several players whose origins are from Montenegro, but never played in Montenegro. Dragoslav Jevric (born in Berane) started his career in Pristina. I think that Goran Djorovic has roots in Montenegro but he was born and started his career in Pristina. Ditto for the captain of the U-21, Marko Perovic.

Boskovic and Kralj have not played for the NT for a while. If you count those who played at the time Kralj was a NT member and those that have earned a cap or two in friendlies (for the senior or U21 NT), then Nisa Saveljic, Branko Brnovic, Dragan Bogavac, Ognjanovic, Ardijan Djokaj, Mitar Pekovic, another Boskovic (from Sutjeska), Vukasin Poleksic, Zoran Banovic, etc. should be counted in. All of them began their careers in Montenegrin clubs.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Not too many good soccer players..But if it comes to a split, there'd be a definite effect on handball and waterpolo though..

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parni Valjak said:
Not too many good soccer players..But if it comes to a split, there'd be a definite effect on handball and waterpolo though..

It does seem theirs a good share of u-21's.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
t does seem theirs a good share of u-21's.
Not really, the U21 that won the silver at the EURO2004 had only 4 players that have played or started their careers in Montenegro: Petrovic (Zeta), Maric (Zeta), Vukcevic (Buducnost?), Djalovic (?). Now there is Vucinic (Sutjeska). The clubs in the parentheses are the Montenegrin clubs for which those players have played.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Yeah but Maric and Vukcevic were the best players. But i agree that if it did come to a split we'd still be pretty much the same. I'd hate to lose Simon though!

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
If it came to a split all the Montenegrin players would not necessarily play for Montenegro, just like many Serbs from BiH would rather play for Serbia, that could also be the case with some players from CG. But that's all hypothetical...

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't like the idea of this topic. I don't separate athletes based on what regions they come from, to me they are all Serbs. Why don't we start opening topics about players coming from Vojvodina or Sumadija? :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts