Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
traps is likely to take a player such as legrottaglie or adani as back up. to me, both are nothing special right now.

maldini seems like he wont come back...would you rather see Ferrara get chosen before the likes of Legrottgalie after his good season.

i know he is old, but still, Bergomi returned at an old age in 98...why not make Ciro the experienced on bench.

i personally have more confidence in ferrara then others being looked at as back up.

what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Hopefully the 4th choice defender will not need to be used.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I would rather take Materazzi than Legro, Adani, Ferrara etc. I may be biased, but he´s a really good defender. Brutal at times, but still good. In my opinion, he´s much better than any of those mentioned above.

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I'd take good old school stoppers like Ferrarra and Costacurta over most the new generation of "modern defenders".

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I'd take Ferrara yes, Id hope Maldini would come back though.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Tommi said:
I would rather take Materazzi than Legro, Adani, Ferrara etc. I may be biased, but he´s a really good defender. Brutal at times, but still good. In my opinion, he´s much better than any of those mentioned above.
I can't agree with you completely, even leaving the rough stuff aside. There's no denying that Materazzi is a very valuable player for Inter, as he's the only one who can organize a defense. However, he didn't make the grade at WC2002 when Nesta and Cannavaro couldn't play. We need someone who can keep his cool and not collapse under pressure. Of course, that also leaves out Legrottaglie.

I'd much rather have Costacurta on the bench; he's been playing well, Ferrara hasn't.

·
Registered
45,536 Posts
CUG said:
traps is likely to take a player such as legrottaglie or adani as back up. to me, both are nothing special right now.

maldini seems like he wont come back...would you rather see Ferrara get chosen before the likes of Legrottgalie after his good season.

i know he is old, but still, Bergomi returned at an old age in 98...why not make Ciro the experienced on bench.

i personally have more confidence in ferrara then others being looked at as back up.

what are your thoughts?
I agree with you. I'd pick Ferrara over any other center back recently convoked by Trap (apart Nesta and Ferrari).

·
Registered
45,536 Posts
Ruffian said:
There's no denying that Materazzi is a very valuable player for Inter, as he's the only one who can organize a defense.
Materazzi in the last WC showed many limits. Also Maldini was far from being perfect, but at least Maldini showed something (not just something) before with the NT.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
great call mate

add ferrara....id feel alot safer with him then legro or got forbid materazzi who got lobbed so nasty by rapaic in 02.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Materazzi in the last WC showed many limits. Also Maldini was far from being perfect, but at least Maldini showed something (not just something) before with the NT.
Maldini rushed back after an injury because Italy were really desperate. Then he got blamed for not being in top form. :depress:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i can't believe some of this crap....

materazzi wasn't that bad in world cup 2002 ! ok lobbed by rapaic yeah, just once. can happen to anyone,
saw maldini last sunday ?? thought so !

and don't forget materazzi equalised in that same croatia game too ! (but we know the referee's decision :rolleyes: )

anyhow.... no ferrara, no costacurta !
don't get me wrong i like them , BUT when the have to face players like henry , van nistelroy, klose, owen .... hell no, their speed would kill them for sure :(

also not to mention : materazzi is 2 years older now -> 2 years more experienced.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
one more thing: the only players who dissapointed me was

PANUCCI :d but hey, how could it be else .... rolling over a dummy ball ....

hey: even iuliano was good (but also to blame, not heading the ball clearly away in that 88' minute, but still, this was waaayyyy more minor than panucci's mistake)

also doni wasn't that much.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i didnt add materazzi there simply because after being out for 8 weeks for stupid behaviour, i dont think he deserves to be in the team as much as ferrara would.

materazzi is a 'fortune cookie'. you dont know what you are going to get. this is what worries me about him. one game he plays great, but then the next, he is kicking someone or getting ripped in half, alla WC2002 against croatia.

players like legrottaglie and Materazzi are good on their day, but pressure does affect their play a lot.

Ferrara or even Costacurta might not have the speed to keep up with henry or owen, but at least they know how to defend. And its not like matrix or legro could keep up with the names mentioned.

cannavaro, nesta and ferrari are first choices as centre backs. this means that if we were to have nesta and cannavaro injured, Ferrari would need a reliable defender next to him. Right now, Ferrara is better than legro, matrix, iuliano, adani.

if Maldini returns, then its fine, we dont need anyone at all. just have cannavaro, maldini, nesta and ferrari as centre backs in our squad.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Hopefully with some luck, Nesta and Cannavaro will play every match and our back-ups won't be needed. In that case though, we will have Ferrari as they first choice. If two of these 3 players are unavailable, God forbid, then we probably will use Legrottaglie or Materazzi. I heard Legrottaglie has been playing a bit better than what he was at the start for Juve?

·
Registered
45,536 Posts
ravanelli1983 said:

materazzi wasn't that bad in world cup 2002 ! ok lobbed by rapaic yeah, just once. can happen to anyone,
saw maldini last sunday ?? thought so !
Materazzi in the match vs Croatia was terrible. The lob by Rapajic was just an unlucky episode, but Olic scored thanks to him and the duo Maldini-Materazzi committed a lot of mistakes (Maldini was clearly not well)
Before the WC my opinion on Materazzi was much different and I hardly cared for his "particular" behaviour (Italy has had many dirty players in the past but they were good).
Being a supporter of Inter should not mean defend those who are not defendable just cause they are players of Inter.

About the disallowed goal vs Croatia... well, it was a long pass which entered the goal above all thanks to the miss...errr... feint by Inzaghi. :D I can hardly see merits from both Inzaghi and Materazzi.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Matterazzi isnt a bad player, early in the season he looked quite good but since he has had many problems with injuries and suspensions etc. so it means I wouldnt bring him. the 4th defender will be Legrottaglie but Adani seems ever faster to close him down for that spot.

I think in May Trap will choose:

Panucci, Oddo, Ferrari, Nesta, Cannavaro, Adani, Zambrotta, Pancaro

From what I saw not only yesterday but through out the season I would choose: Oddo, Zambrotta, Pancaro, Favalli, Cannavaro, Nesta, Ferrari, Bertotto.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Ferrari has been playing really badly in the recent Parma games I've seen, but I suppose that's the club's problems getting to him. I think the basic quality is there, so he should probably get a call-up.

As for Panucci, well, at least Trap loves him... :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts