Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13,661 Posts
Could be BLOMQVIST!?! No, it could not... :) You haven't really seen Blomqvist do you? ;)

· Registered
13,661 Posts
Actually that team never played particulary many games. Pedros, Orldandini, Maniero and Giunti never started for us on a regular basis. Ze Maria was closer but still, he had to fight with Mussi for his place.

I'll try to take our great 96/97 team back to life... :) We played a 4-4-2 with Ancelotti.

___________Chiesa____Crespo____________

_Crippa_____Sensini___Baggio_____Stanic*_

_Benarrivo__Cannavaro__Thuram____Mussi___

________________Buffon_________________

* Stanic joined us in the middle of the season. We were in the relegation zone far into the season but with Stanic our fortunes turned to the better. He sealed our 1-0 game against Milan at San Siro with a superb header from a right corner. I don't remember who took the corner but it was probably Chiesa.

This team managed to challange Juve for lo Scudetto up until the very last games of the season. I think it's safe to say that we lacked some creativity in midfield... :) We didn't exactly play attacking calcio. We won MANY games 1-0, just like Juve are now. That's the trademark of Ancelotti...

During this season Crespo was not very popular at Tardini. In fact, they booed him. Chiesa was our main man in attack and major star together with Dino. This season meant the breakthrough for Cannavaro and Thuram. In fact, Thuram have never been better than during this season, his debut in Parma.

Oh, those were the days... *sigh*

[Edited by VERDI on 12-07-2000 at 22:29]

· Registered
13,661 Posts
Mussi and Massimo "hard bastard" Crippa were waay cooler though... :)

My memory fails me here but didn't Strada join us midseason as well? Brolin came back and had some less than brilliant games on the right wing too. He played forward in one game as well, something he hadn't done since 94... But then again, where should Ancelotti have played him? He wanted two defensive midfielders in the center (Sensini and Baggio) and there was no place for a mezza punta...

· Registered
13,661 Posts
Grun was GREAT BTW! Stoichkov only played for us one season, which was more than enough... :( Melli was da Man in attack!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.