Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you want to see win the champions league as a Arsenal fan i want AC Milan to win it i hope Chelsea get knocked out i mean everyone says you should support the british teams. but i think that is rubbish when man u won it in 99 i was doing what Sammy kuffor of bayern munich done jumping around i was really mad so what do the arsenal fans think should we support chelsea i say no way.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Chelsea - No thank you. £££ shouldn't have to equal success.

Bayern - Although we could say we lost to the eventual winners, I wouldn't want them to win. They don't seem to appeal to me at all.

Lyon/PSV - I would love it if any of these two clubs won. I'm pleased with Lyon's steady progress over the past few seasons. We could learn a few things from them. PSV winning would cause me no harm too.

Inter - They have too many has beens playing in the starting XI.

Milan - I get disturbed by just how good this team are. However they did go Kaput! last year and it can happen again. I wouldn't mind if they won.

Liverpool - It would be almost impossible for Liverpool to win, but I'd rather Pool win it then Chelsea.

Juventus - Everytime I watch Juve play I have to put the timer on my TV, incase I dose off. I hope they don't win.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Personally, as much as I hate Chelsea due to the fact that they are buying success, you have to have a lot of respect for the English players, Terry, Lampard and now Joe Cole, but I would hate to see Mourihno lift that trophy again and would hate to see Abramovic's goofy face if they were to win it. I believe they are the strongest team left in the competition though along with Milan and the final is destined to be Milan Vs Chelsea.

The darkhorses for the trophy and the team I would like to see lift it are Lyon. Their style of football has impressed me, they are a very attacking team and with the likes of Junihno, Essien, Govou, and even Wiltord they are exciting to watch.

So my choice would be Lyon .... but it won't happen!! :wallbang:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Lyon for sure, they put on a show and play like a bunch of kids in the playground enjoying themselves.

if not then Milan as they are the best side i have seen this year.

Chavski i don't want to win, the Abramovich thing disgusts me.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Juventus. And that's only because of one thing and that thing is spelled "Zlatan" ;)

We haven't had a swedish champions league champion since Patrik Andersson with Bayern a few year ago, so it's time :)

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
1. Liverpool
2. AC Milan (though it will be hard to digest the Haroon 'We got the #8' blabbering for the next one year ..but anyways Milan is the most-deserving team right now ;) )

nEEbz

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves has dismissed Chelsea as long-ball merchants after Wednesday night's 4-2 defeat at Stamford Bridge.
The England international, 24, said: "Arsenal and Chelsea are totally different in the way they approach the game. Even when Arsenal were two goals down against us in the last round, they still tried to pass the ball through the middle.

"But Chelsea knew they couldn't hurt us with their passing and didn't create a single chance playing that way.

"They just banged long balls forward for Didier Drogba to flick on and he caused us a lot of problems with his size and heading ability.

"It reminded me of when we played Celtic a couple of years ago and they were hitting lots of big high balls for John Hartson and Chris Sutton to flick on to Henrik Larsson.

"It's a tough tactic to defend against because the ball can go anywhere and Drogba is very good at attacking things in the air."

Yet Hargreaves concedes Chelsea's direct approach is certainly effective - and admits it could take them all the way to Champions League glory.

He added: "Wednesday's result proves you can succeed in Europe by playing the long ball.

"We have a great team at Bayern and rarely, if ever, have we conceded four goals against any opponents.

"Chelsea knew they couldn't pass it through us so they chose a more direct option - and you have to say that it worked for them.

"Now we have to work on some things in training to make sure we can cope with their tactics better in next week's return game in Munich."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

my question is....what should we do with this guy??

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
AC Milan. Simply because they're my 2nd favorite team and my most favorite Italian team. If they win CL this season, they really deserve it.

I'd also love to see if either Lyon or PSV win, they're great teams as well. I don't mind if any other team wins it, except that team called Chelsea.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Lyon were pretty rubbish when I saw them against PSV, who may as well be German the way they play ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Politician said:
Lyon were pretty rubbish when I saw them against PSV, who may as well be German the way they play ;)
not that you'd judge a team on one game or anything though :shades:

agreed about PSV, a horribly dull side.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I had a dream liverpool go trough to final..but i don't know..just hope they win this CL.
chelsea?? £££ suckkk..especially their rubbish manager..just always want to show off.. :yuck:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I hope that it is Juventus. I dont like Chelsea to be honest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts