Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies, ;)
I just have one quick question: last season right after Manchester, Marcello Lippi said:

"Se l'anno prossimo non vinciamo la Champions Leaague smetto di allenare" or something quite close to that.

Now, is he going to retire this season or is he going to give at it one more shot next season?:)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
hello my lady,
i believe he said something like .....if we loose another final.... so technically that didn't happen. ;) he also said that he didn’t mean that and he just said it in the heat of the moment, if i'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah but no one would have thought that we would have a season as such either. he left back in 98/99 because he couldnt get anything more out of his players, whats to say he isnt thinking the same now?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah, lippi said that he was dissapointed and it was a spear of the moment comment. but still, not winning anything in a season doesnt go down well at juve or when lippi is coaching.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think its too late in the season for him to walk out. he would rather leave in a more appropriate manner. we must remember that he is one of the best coaches ever at our club.

but if the national team job is vacant, i can see him go for it. it doesnt mean the end of lippi at juve, he may return in 3 or 4 seasons time and have success with us again.

i just feel that his time with this current team is over.

·
Registered
780 Posts
in that case, i agree that if he leaves he'll leave at the end of the season. you made an interesting point about him returning in 3 or 4 seasons after a different adventure. and of course he's one of the best coaches at this club. i like lippi even if he does make some questionable calls, but who doesn't?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
lippi brought us something that many couldnt after a decade, and that was success. i have great respect for him. will be sad to see him leave, but i think its best for both parties.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah i agree. i'm hoping that deschamps takees the job. he knows the environment and atmosphere at the club. he would know what is needed from him after spending many seasons at the club. he has CL experience now, and has really done well with monaco in europe and in france.

but we'll see what happens...everything comes to an end so sooner or later, we have to change coaches i suppose.

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
Who would you take if it wasn't Deschamps? (which looks very likely anyway).

I've always thought that Cappello would make a hell of a boss for Juve. :yuck: :rolleyes:
Can't see it happening though.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well he is not going to say he is leaving right now, as there is still work to do this season and its not out of the question to win something.

Wait until the season is over and bring this up then. ;)

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Today part of trh Bulgarian sports press are saying Real are after Lippi. It is I guess just bullocks, but sounds interesting. Real need a great coach, Lippi needs a team to win teh CL with. However, why would Real get a coach with local mentality, I dont know ... :rolleyes: :D :pp

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
real madrid?? sounds interesting.

van, i suppose that Vialli could be in contention for the position. Del Neri is another. Mancini is another also, even though he is tipped to take over at inter.

besides Deschamps, i cant see anyone else from abroad really joining us.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
van said:
Who would you take if it wasn't Deschamps? (which looks very likely anyway).

I've always thought that Cappello would make a hell of a boss for Juve. :yuck: :rolleyes:
Can't see it happening though.
Capello doesn't like Juve, he said a couple of months ago that when Lippi quit he was offered the job but he declined because it wouldn't be enough of a challenge for him.

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
numerodix said:
Capello doesn't like Juve, he said a couple of months ago that when Lippi quit he was offered the job but he declined because it wouldn't be enough of a challenge for him.
I didn't know that, but I guess it's better that way.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, you would think that Capello wuold want to bring Roma into the CL and establish them as a good european team.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts