Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my mind, a striker over 30 is no use at all in CM, the only way is sell them when they are still valuable.

But in Newcastle United, CM 00-01, Allan make me very surprise.
I use 3-4-3 and got the first PLC in 2004. Allan is the only fixed member except Joe Cole and Aimar. In 2002, Allan made 32 league goal reached an all-time high, and in the first two games during season 04-05, Allan have made 4 goals (one hat-striker). Poor Karl Cort.

I gave Allan a new 8 years contract when he was 30 years old, will he be another Micheal Jordan?????

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
hi no.3

this is my opinion
u should of just left alan in the squad
you don't have to play him much
use him as like a reserve striker kinda but in the first team
to me, there is no use in selling a 30 year old striker for 2 mill or so, somethign like that.
not much use, you would rather use a old skillfull striker for backup when your main strikers are injured.
its much more useful to use him, then a 19 year old reserve striker for backup.

but thats my 2 cents
i did that with bergkamp in arsenal
:D
33 and still playing
oh yea, they normally don't get upset for not playing.
well thats in my case anyway, i still play him a couple of games...
hope that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just finished 04-05 season, Shearer made 25 goal again, you see, if I put him on bench for 3 times in a row, he will express his dissatisfaction strongly. What should I do?????

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi no4.
I got Shearer for Parma for £12.5 million and DiVaio partnerd him up front they scored 51 goals between them in the next two seasons shearer was top scorer in Italy helping his team to glory in 2 league championchips uefa and european cup so I would play him also make him your free kick taker.:tongue:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well it all depends what you offered him on the contract
if you gave him indespinsible from the team
then he gets pissed if he gets on the bench once or so
the higher it is
the more his gotta play:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts