Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it was time to actually open a thread now because the rumours seems to increase in every hour.

Barça will make a survey to analyze the feasibility to sign the Russian '10.

Although Arshavin prefers the Spanish league and his heart belongs to FC Barcelona, Wenger is in the Euro and wants to bring him to Arsenal.

An interesting detail: The former Barcelona and Espanyol player Igor Korneev, now assistant to Guus Hiddink in the Russian NT says he has a dream that another Russian player will wear the Blaugrana shirt. According to him Arshavin can play both left and right in a 4-3-3.

Pep likes Hleb. Arshavin has the same age as Hleb, he can play in the same positions a him and he's transfer fee will be nearly the same, perhaps even cheaper. The smartest thing would be to drop the Hleb interest since the negoatiations has halted and go for this player. So, what are we waiting for?

A por Arshavin

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His team-mate at Zenit, Kim Dong-jin, is the better player.
Well, maybe Ars-ene can go after him instead then? It should be enough that he signed another Barça fan in Nasri.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice thread!

I believe that Arshavin would be a valid addition to our squad, he has had an excellent UEFA cup campaign and now is blazing his Euro2008 opposition. (not a Poborsky or Baros by any chance)

The board have been very keen on Hleb, who is also a good player and very similar to Arshavin, but it is the decisive edge in his gameplay where Arshavin far exceeds the Belarus. Hleb for 25 mill or Arshavin for 15 mill, for me that is a no brainer.

as for Arsene, he can drool over him all he wants, hopefully we won't finance their attempts by buying the steaming pile of shite from Togo (my opinion, watched him play week in week out, not impressed at all).

anyways Arsenal wouldn't break their wage structure to retain Flamini, won't it be hypocritical to do it for Arshavin while denying the others at the club.

Hopefully the Nose moves soon and makes him Blaugrana!
Visca el Barca!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Some stats

Full name: Andrei Sergeyevich Arshavin
Date of birth: May 29, 1981 (1981-05-29) (age 27)
Russian Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2006

2007 Statistics:
- League; Played 30 -> 10 goals; 11 Assists
- Uefa; Played 14 -> 4 goals; 10 Assists

2006 Statistics:
- League; Played 28 -> 7 goals; 13 Assists

2005 Statistics:
- League; Played 29 -> 9 goals; 9 Assists
- Uefa; Played 13 -> 5 goals; 3 Assists

Every year Andrey is on top of the 33-best Russian footballers list: he became number 1 in 2005 and 2006, and number 2 in 2001, 2002, 2004

2005 Andrey became the first football player in Russia to be elected FIFA-Kinderdorf Ambassador.

Other:
Andrey has successfully defeated his thesis “Development of the sports wear production process” and graduated with the diploma of a fashion designer
• Andrey and Julia have a son Artem

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Well, maybe Ars-ene can go after him instead then? It should be enough that he signed another Barça fan in Nasri.
drop your interest in Hleb and we won't need to go anywhere near the Ruskie.

and in the RM forum they said Nasri was a fan of Madrid, what is with you guys and these players being fans, they are professional footballers not fans? :pp

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
The rumours are not increasing - its Sport who is making a campaign to sign him...
I would be happy if he ends up @ Barcelona but IMO this is just a media campaign...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
apparently he has no interest from Spain yet, just England Germany, I reckon clubs like Everton and Wolfsburg sort of level at the moment.

pointless thread anyway because he won't be doing anything til after they are out of the Euros.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drop your interest in Hleb and we won't need to go anywhere near the Ruskie.

and in the RM forum they said Nasri was a fan of Madrid, what is with you guys and these players being fans, they are professional footballers not fans? :pp

pointless thread anyway because he won't be doing anything til after they are out of the Euros.
Hopefully for us culés the interest in Hleb now is over.

RM-fans doesn't know what they're talking about. Nasri has said several times he is Barça fan, not that this matter when the club he most of all wants to play for don't even show any interest in signing him.

I don't think I need your permission to start a thread thank you. Somehow you're not exactly the guidance if it's a pointless thread or not. :pp

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Marc Ingla says:

Meanwhile, reports have linked Russian star Andrei Arshavin with a possible move to Camp Nou but Ingla has denied the possibility.

He has also confirmed that Ronaldinho and Deco are more than likely to leave.

“He (Arshavin) is a good player but Barcelona are looking at different alternatives,” said Ingla.

“We are currently negotiating with other clubs for interesting players by being frank and honest.

·
Registered
728 Posts
he is 27 years old??? he looks much younger. I thought he was much younger. Im not sure we should get him if he is that old...

If Arshavin and Hleb are the same age, why would we want someone with the same age, but only proven in the Russian league and in 2 Euro games. Id rather get Hleb who has actually played in the champions league, and knows what playing against teams like Manchester United and Chelsea is like. Besides all the Fees mentioned for Hleb have been in the range of 15m Nothing going to 25m like mentioned above.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Marc Ingla is a stupid whore, alongside stupid whores...Adedumbass is a piece of shit in terms of character and gameplay, Hleb just way overrated! Keep the lion!

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
he is 27 years old??? he looks much younger. I thought he was much younger. Im not sure we should get him if he is that old...

If Arshavin and Hleb are the same age, why would we want someone with the same age, but only proven in the Russian league and in 2 Euro games. Id rather get Hleb who has actually played in the champions league, and knows what playing against teams like Manchester United and Chelsea is like. Besides all the Fees mentioned for Hleb have been in the range of 15m Nothing going to 25m like mentioned above.
Hleb won't go for 15 million, if he goes he will go for more than that. At least 20 million in the current market. We may think Hleb is a shit player, but Txiki and Wenger think he is really good.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Exactly, Hleb is not just what we need. He might have done sone good things but apart from not having Arshavin's quality's that we might be looking for he will be a bigger loss for Arsenal then a win for Barcelona. If he come's to Nou Camp i bet in one year he will leave after playing 10-15 games. Arshavin is a player who can change the direction in a game.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I dont know why Hleb has not the quality of Arshavin...
Hleb is a major player for arsenal since a few years and before he has already proven himself in the german league...Its not that this doesnt count at all...

Its not Hlebs fault that he cant prove him on the euro...Hleb is a wonderful player, so is Arshavin...

I would be very happy with one of them

1 - 20 of 679 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.