Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emanuel Olisabe has just become a Polish citizen and will play with the national team in their warm-up friendly against Romania in August. He palys for Polonia Warsaw and is considered one of the better players in the league. Let's hope he can give us a few goals.

·
International
8,545 Posts
We know he's not Polish, it's just gonna be funny to see a blacker than black Nigerian, playing for the whiter than white Polish.

I want to see him standing for the national anthem, and I better see his lips moving.:D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
You guys may think it's funny, but down here there is a real storm over the fact that he got the polish citizenship afterall. It was handed to him by our president himslef, and although he may be good, I personally feel it was unnecessary for him to be naturalized. It will though be a funny site:D

Barlinek, czy Ty jestes Polakiem?, bo ksywke masz polsko-brzmiaco, i jeszce tutaj takimi infosami trzaskasz?:D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The point is if he feel polish.If he livews in Poland since 3 years old or has spent 10 yers there then its ok.But turning him at one night from Nigerian to Polish,no...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Jestes Litwinem! Nie klam:D His real name is Emanuel Olisadebe, he lives in Poland three years,he now has a polish wife (polish law doesn't make you eligable for citizenship in that case!), and he barely can speak a word in polish:( IMO this is absurd, but there is a really long story to all of this and I don't think anyone will be interested in it...?

I

·
0 Posts
emanuel jest bialo czerwony

i dont care what the hell he is as long as he helps us score some goals because we havenot been able to do that lately and if we want to qualify for 2002 we need someone to score norway already has andre flo and ukraine has shevchenko and wales belarus and armenia arent even worth talking about.

I

·
0 Posts
Emanuel OlisadebeWSKI

hey if olisadebe wants to be polish why not we should be proud that someone from a foreign country and in this matter from a different country and different colour would want to be polish and play for poland. he cant do nothing but help us he is very fast he can score and most of all hes young and that means he has alot of years to get better and improve.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Zidane was born and raised in Marseille, which is in France. Just because he is of Algerian descent doesn't mean he isn't a Frenchman. If your reasoning was valid then no one in the USA would be an AMerican since everyone emigrated here at some point (except the Native Americans of course).

I

·
0 Posts
i heard from people that he was actually from algeria i never knew he was born in france but still that doesent make him 100% french just like the other so called french players.

·
International
8,545 Posts
If he's born in France he's French. I also thought he was born in Algeria, but just because his parents are born there, doesn't mean he isn't French. They obviously moved to France and he was born and raised there.

If not 100% than what? 95%.

I'd love to know how you measure something like that. Is there a formula you can tell me so that I can measure these levels?

S

·
0 Posts
Zidane is frances. His parents are from Algeria but Zidane was born in Marseille. I think it is crazy of the poles to give Emanuel Olisadebe from Nigera polish citizen. What will come next? Just think of it. The half of Africa will soon move to Poland and gett citizenship just because the run good or can walk 10 kilometers in the olympics, that is absurd.

LONG LIVE TOTTENHAM

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what should we do? If a person wants to emmigrate to another country we will put restrictions on what they can and can't do? What should Poland say hey you are a great young stricker and you have become a Polish citizen, but you can't play football for us. This will happen more and more in all countries whether we like it or not.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Here i disagree, there should be a law forbiding these naturilization processes. The way France looks is a scandal, this is not really France. It's a joke, and what pisses me of even more is that half the Frenchmen hate all the imigrants, only when it comes to the national team, suddenly everything is OK. I am sad we did what we did with Olisadebe, but it's histoy, I just hope it's the end.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts