Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that a defender is needed. So can evey member comeup with a list with every one that could make it at our team? And Labas, i was a bit harsh at you last player proposals.That wont happen again.

But i have a player that has been right in front of whole europe for two years now. He has reached his peak now and any club that would buy him would make great deal. He wouldnt be cheap thoug...

The player iam talking about is Mario Jardel.
I have seen him score goals for three years now and always i expected him to leave the summer after. But he didnt. Porto are paying him goos money and he can play in the CL every season. But he has still expressed serious thoughts about leaving because Wanderlay Luxemburgo doesnt like the Portugese league (its not big enough). And his place in Brazil is small.
And this season Porto might miss the CL for the first tim in a decade (or something).
That makes Jardel available....

Why doesnt Real consider him? We have all settled on that our attack is thin and that Anelka should be loaned out. So my NR#1 player would be Jardel.

+World-class goalscorer (scores in every game,at every chance)
+A great guy!(No superstar mentality,and a "team goes first" person)
+Age ("Young" and still improving)
+Available (As he has been for 3 years...)

-Expensive (Porto would probably want at least 30$ for him.Can we afford that?)
-Teamplay(Loves to score goals, and that might be a minus.But if he keeps on scoring noone will complain.)
-Feet(I might be wrong,but he isnt a typical Brazilian is he...)
-Squad-room(Mori and Raul are our strikers.They are the Los Blancos stikeforce so is there any room for Mario?)

Ok, I want as much points as possible cause i think its a great idea and will defend this opinion.

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, I see your proposition has been meet with relative peace and quiet. One word: IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. We all know Mario is great, but:
1) he is a Lazio player from next season
2) we would have to spend all our money on him, and we can't

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, i mean i wouldn't just make it up. :)
Although, i think the chance now probably is slimmer than before because he will want higher wages.
There is another interesting (but less impressive fact) that Andrei Kanchelskis actaully convinced Shevchenko to join us at Rangers, but his agent changed his mind and sold him to milan. lol :(

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oly, you like Rangers huh. As a fan-what is your opinion on the Atlantic league?

And you might get Rebrov,isnt that right?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, we actaully had him on a contract, but Advocaat pulled out at the last minute because he finally decided to spend the money on several good players than gamble on Rebrov.
After all, we have the mighty Mols :)

Well, I like the idea as a replacement for the domestic league, not as a replacement for the Champions League.
We could do well in the Champions League, after all we beat Parma and PSV both very soundly this year. And we finished a close 3rd behind Bayern and Valencia in our group (2 semi-finalists). Plus, Bayern deserved to lose to us in both games, if not for some great goalkeeping and inspired acting around the penalty box :(
I'd prefer to see Rangers being in the premiership in a few seasons actually, i think we could do well there after time.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, ive seen every euro game with Rangers this season and they were impressive! Except for the Valencia match.The spaniards had the game of their life!
And Bayern WERE lucky.
Also, iam very sorry for the very talented Mols who just showered in goals!

we are getting a little of topic. I would like more opinions on Jardel.

·
Registered
271 Posts
A little known fact :
My 2nd team behind barca (Glasgow Rangers) actually signed Jardel 4 years ago, he even had a squad No. and everything.
And suddenly the fu(king department of employment refused a work permit at the last minute :(
He has always said that he wants to repay us one day and return when he has more caps or a new passport, so we'll maybe see him in the city of glasgow next season, who knows? :)
I can only hope.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, Jardel isnt a hot topic i guess.But Oly seems to right here.There might be a slim chance of him in Glasgow (if olys right)
But i would guess the Serie A or Primera is more satisfying for Mario.
And i forgot another LARGE +++.He is Portugese now. So he is EU-player.

And Lazio=Jardel?Never heard of it!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Jardel is a EU player now. Portuguese passport. But if you really think he will go to Glasgow Oly, then I must dissapoint you - he is a Lazio player, starting from next season. He will probably play for yall, but at the end of his career. You can't expect him to choose Scotland now, when he's at the top of his game. That's why I find the Lazio deal no surprise at all.

Oh and Michael Mols is a great guy, but isn't he like out for another six months with damaged cruciate ligaments?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Has this been confirmed cos to be honest any sh!t that is said in the Lazio forum I normally ignore. They want to buy anyone (including Savo) and thus far have also Rivaldo mmmmmmmmm......
About Rangers they have a player called Barry Ferguson, the guy is young and a class act. The problem is he is a very long contract.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, i was never very hopefull anyway actually.
It's just a shame that the department of employment stole him from our grasp before he was famous :(
Well, Mols is expected back to start pre-season training. I felt very sorry to see him injured, he was right at his peak, and he will turn 30 after next season i think :(
But our new star will be Rozental, he'll be pure class when he regains fitness after a 3 year lay-off :)
He was called the next Salas at one stage (maybe it's not such a good thing to be actually. lol)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey, keep your grubby hands off Barry :)
he's pure class, and Advocaat has really helped him develop.
I understand that you tried to sign Advocaat after Toshack, is this correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts