Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the name of the topic suggests, I invite all Xtratime members to tell their views on this topic. :) And please no bashing and criticizing other players.;)

As a fan of AC milan I can only speak about a player of our city rival Internazionale.

The player i respect most in their team is their captain "XAVIER ZANETTI".:) . I respect him becoz of his leadership qualities (though my team doesn't lack in that front). ;) A player who gives his heart while playing for Inter, And always trying to motivate the attack though he is a defender. He just demands respect (i can't explain why, its just like that).

Please note the player does not necessarily belongs to your wish/buy list for your club.;)

Ciao.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Right here we go, I'm a Rangers fan so let me think.....which Celtic player do I respect?

Henrik Larsson, He has sublime skill and great finishing abilities, He also carried Celtic at times. The one thing I do not respect about Larsson is that he is a dishonest player. He dives far too much and it gives the game a bad name. Other than that I respect him & know he's a great player.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now for Arsenal.:)

First i must tell you that I do not follow EPL as closely as i woud have liked to, becoz in Ukraine where I live they don't show lot of EPL matches except Manure & Gunners. :(

So my knowledge on this front is limited.

Now to the topic. though there are a number of good clubs in london, i believe Gunners closest rival is Chelsea. And the player is Dessaily with his great porformances in the defence. Though I like Hasselbaink - the clown:jester: but he doesn't command respect for me.:neutral:

Bye

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
From Milan, it's between Shevchenko and Maldini. Maybe I hate their guts because they play for the Enemy, but, Maldini has shown excellent leadership qualities and loyalty to the club - even when his father left. Shevchenko is a natural-born goal machine - of the Vieri ilk, though I'd never compare a Milan player to the great Bobo.

From a London team, I don't respect anyone. No player from our rivals really shows any determination in great quantities without also cheating. No player really shows a knack to get goals against the best, and appears humble and modest afterwards. No player shows any respect to Arsenal - despite the fact that we're the best team in England.

From Celtic, probably Larsson, although Alan Stubbs has struck me as a battler, after his struggle against Testicular (I think) Cancer. Larsson is the best striker in Scotland since Ally McCoist - but, he does act a bit, and makes trouble.

As for Barcelona, Espanyol have no good players - though maybe the 'Traitors' Oscar and Roger show worthy traits, especially when Roger (I think it was him), collapsed and swallowed his tongue, and the other brother helped him through it.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow this forum looks deadly eerie.:scared: ;) .

Maybe nobody is in a debating mood.:rolleyes:

Or is it that I have posted this thread in the wrong forum. :confused: Maybe this thread should be moved to the Universal soccer forum. I really don't know.

hope for views.

Ciao

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Well from Ross County's great rivals, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, it's hard to say who I respect the most, mainly because none of you know who they are:D

But I'd probably say Nicky Walker, ex-Rangers, Partick, Aberdeen & Ross County:D goalkeeper, simply because of his service to County. He kept goal for so long, & when he came back to Dingwall recently, the stick he got was harsh, but he took it all, joked with the crowd in the Jail End, it was great. So Joseph "Nicky" Walker is my #1 Caley player. Dennis Wyness is a lethal goal scorer too though.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I'm a Corinthians fan and the players i respect teh msot from the pigs Palmeiras and from teh gays Sao Paulo are:

Piggies: NONE

Sao Paulo: Kaka and Franca!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
From Galatasaray, the player I respect the most was Mondi, but he just signed with Besiktas. He was really a great goalkeeper.

ALthough I don't like his attitude, I think Hasan Sas could be a great player for our NT. He is very talented, and if I was a Gala fan, he would be one of my favorite players because of his dribbling prowess.

My least favorite player is the grossly overrated Umit Karan.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi Deniz I wanted to ask u a couple of questions about Gala.

Do u people over there Respect the Great Fatih Terim? according to me he was well respected by fans in serie A. :) But our management................you know the rest.:yuck: :fero:

And yes this umit karan is just crap :yuck: . I have watched him a couple of times and he is more than grossly overrated. :eek:

And plz let me know how is Umit Davala rated in ur country.;)

Ciao

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Oh yes, Fatih Terim is a very popular coach. In fact, Gala let go of Lucescu, who led Gala to a Turkish League title, and a berth in the Quarterfinals of the CL in his 2 years, in order to rehire Terim.

He is an awesome coach, I really wish he was in charge of the NT, instead of our current coach.

Umit Davala is a respected player, but he was never a superstar with Gala, just a very solid player. I would be surprised if he became a star with Milan, but he is solid. How much playing time did he get last year?:)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
And in case you were wondering, he is on the World Cup roster. He has capped 23 times for the team, but I think he will mostly be a sub.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mondragon is a Galatasaray player, Deniz. It is very interesting that you like Mondi since you have a very good goal keeper Rustu who is the only one I can respect.

Umit Karan 's job is not only goal scoring, he is very good in pressing. although he did not score many goals in the league, he has quite impressive goals in the CL.

Umit Davala is certainly a talent but he needs to be trusted. He is a very versatile player and a duty man. He is never showing off, which makes him a ordinary footballer for the fans. I don't agree with Deniz about Turkish NT's lineup.

Lastly, Rustu from Fenerbahce is a gifted man.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
as a juve fan i respect ASTA from torino the most, but i don't have much against torino.
the team i dislike the most is roma, i respect montella the there

·
Registered
426 Posts
As a Lazio fan I have big problems talking about Roma, but I respect one player there, Montella. I cheer for Italy in the WC, but if some other Roma player scores it won't count for me. It will still be 0-0. If Montella scores, OK. In Portugal I respect noone in Sporting Lisboa. Benfica is my team there.

·
International
9,526 Posts
hmmm...I guess that would be Man City (massive club). To be honest, Carlo Nash wasn't bad that last time round, and Anelka might be reasonable. If we're talking the scousers, then Owen obviously, and Gerrard.

·
Registered
407 Posts
There is only one player of our rivals Pana that I respect. It is Christov Warzycha. He never threaten us and he is one of the best players that played in the Greek League. He always had nice attitude.
As a Barca fan, I can't find any Real Madrid player that I should respect. All I know is that I hate Figo and Roberto Carlos most.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Well iam a Celtic fan so the Rangers player i most repect was Andrei Kanchelsiks. I thought he was a great player but Rangers didnt play him. Why? Now Rangers have realsed him

1 - 20 of 20 Posts