Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As well as a WC is a time of joy, happyness and of course watching lots of games, it sometimes also is a time of pain and hurt. Whenever your nation screws up again, when your favourite team gets eliminated or just when that boring team wins from that creative and playfull team. :mad:

For me those latter feelings are massively present this WC

:frownani: :sob: :depress:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Allow me to join you people...:sad::depress::cry:

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Well, turns out that Holland was the predecessor of this all, all the good attractive playing teams are gone..
It's just that they were so wise not to compete..

·
Registered
765 Posts
I feel sorry for the Argentinian people. A nation that have faced so many problems needed something to make them cheer up. It wasn't to be. Sweden went through deservedly - the real cause of the exit was that Argentina lost against the bad England team on a dodgy penalty.

So though I am happy that Sweden and Denmark are through I can't help sympathizing with the Argentinian people.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Ah rubbish, its only an oul' game, get over it!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,322 Posts
Jeasus, you're a bullocks! :tongue:

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you're going to write a post, then write more than one-liners. I find them tedious.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,322 Posts
OMG.. you find them tedious already?! :) You've only been here a month! ;) How will you feel two years from now?! :D

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Magic#10 said:
If you're going to write a post, then write more than one-liners. I find them tedious.
So by stint of a full stop, your post has more worth than mine - class!
Tedious means tiresome because of length or dullness. That's excessive length, not lack thereof.
And bullocks are castrated bulls. :tongue:

Next!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Oh come on it's a great World Cup so far! :)
To be honest, for me, the surprises are one of the best thing in this beautiful game. Don't you guys like it when the underdog beats the favorite? Weren't all of you (except French;)) delighted when Senegal beat France?

Yes, World Cup without guys like Zidane, Aimar, Crespo, Trezeguet, etc. is indeed weird, but the fact is, you've got to earn your right to progress. To me it seems certain teams have reached Japan and Korea, thinking their ticket for the quarters or semis is already booked. That new system by FIFA where you could know your possible quarters/semi-final rival is a bit annoying I would say. I mean, last week I was listening to a sports show and the interviewer said :"It looks like you (Brazil) will be playing Argentina in the semis"...

France and Argentina looked like the pale shadow of their former-self, and they didn't deserve to go through, period. And despite what you might think, perhaps it's better if they didn't go through, who can assure you they would play better then in the first round? Perhaps it was for the best for them to save an even bigger embarassment...

FORZA UNDERDOGS!

·
Registered
765 Posts
dubh-ban said:

So by stint of a full stop, your post has more worth than mine - class!
Tedious means tiresome because of length or dullness. That's excessive length, not lack thereof.
And bullocks are castrated bulls. :tongue:

Next!
Sorry for not using a dictionary... I guess you caught the meaning nonetheless.

Anyway so the bullocks was directed at me - I still feel sorry for Argentina. So much hardship and the only thing left at the moment - their NT crashes out.
Guess you don't know what football means to people in Argentina..

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
gOD said:
or just when that boring team wins from that creative and playfull team. :mad:

For me those latter feelings are massively present this WC

:frownani: :sob: :depress:
So I take it you won't be cheering on Belgium then?:tongue: :tongue: :howler:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
France is eliminated without scoring a goal :depress:
Poland is eliminated with the scoreline 0-6 :mad:
Cameroon is eliminated :wth:
Nigeria is eliminated :eyepatch:
Argentina is eliminated :sob:
Italy is....ok, I'll wait till the game is over. :frustrat:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Is anyone here actually from Argentina ?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I think i can mourn the worst week of Saudi football history :moan: :sigh:

I also was very sad about Argentina, i enjoy entertaining, skillfull teams and now we lost a major one :( (but they didn't deserve to qualify to be honest!). I just hope Portugal survive....

·
Registered
9 Posts
From South Africa

Sorry that my team didnt make it to Second Round. I guess we have to still practice and/or wait for 2006 or the next African Cup of nations in 2004 here in Africa of course.

I dont follow local club soccer here to be honest but i love it when it comes to Country team names.

I have only just started getting in to soccer for real, like this year. 1994 was the first soccer World Cup that i actually followed.

Sorry feelings go out to France, China, Costa Rica, Slovenia, south Africa, Argentina, Cameroon, Nigeria, Tunisia.

Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts