Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, happy new year to all of you, I wish you good fortune to all out there :)

January 30th 2004, at around late afternoonish time, I'll be walking out of the halls of the American Uni of Beirut finished writing up my FINAL final exam.

To be honest I'm terrified. I don't know what'll happen next. What am I to expect for the future. I have regrets. Lot's of them. Will I get a job I like? Who will I work with? Will I make a decent salary? And even if I do, what good is it, if I STILL haven't met the woman of my dreams.

I feel pretty much torn apart now. I feel like I'm losing. Like there's nothing to look forward to. After high school I was looking forward to Uni so I can meet the right girl. In my final year I did...but to no avail.

My options after Jan 30th:
1. work here (Lebanon) for a few months then join my brother in Kuwait (who's been there for 3 years now making good $ and putting a good word for me with other company acquaintances)

2. work here until my 'civilian-status' expires on Nov. 15 2004 and join Leb military service.

3. pack my bags, ASAP and go to the UAE...I've been applying to recruitment offices there for interviews.

I've been moping around for like a week now. I've never been like this my entire life.

I mean other aspects of my life are good...i.e. parents + family are all in good health, financial status is good...etc...

but there's just that one thing missing in my life, that gap that I've been so eager to fill up with someone special...I'm 22...and still waiting.

sorry to depress u with all of this nagging, but I haven't spoken to anyone about this as thoroughly written here in this post. And I just feel I could use your help.

thanks.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
All the best! :thumbsup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Stinkfist,

Most people have this kind of experiences, I know I had. :) For me it was a case of an ex-boyfriend getting together with another girl and I often saw them around in uni... it was bad, but hey, I got out of it. People move on, and feelings are more malleable than I thought.

I'm also standing at the threshold of the workplace, it can get pretty unnerving. All this thought about having only a stipulated number of leave days, nine-to-five hours, not being able to travel as much as I want to, etc depresses me somewhat, but I console myself by thinking that I have had a full and enriching student life, did most of the things I wanted to do, so I'm happy.

And 22? Maybe it's a difference of cultures, but you're still young. :)

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Stinkfist mate....partially knowing half the side to your story i feel sorry for u....but dont fret too much...the worlds an open place...your going to find your soul mate one day :)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Good luck Stinkfist both for job and love topics ;)

As for the "22-years and still waiting" there are many people that had this gap filled through a relationship but have it broken in that age.So they search from the beginning the "woman of their dreams"...just like you...no difference ;)

I don't know what you were thinking for that girl all these years but i think it's not wedding (i don't know for your country's conventions but in mine we think about this in 30s).So you can move,find and do something with a woman not particular (the ONE of your dreams) but just to get some confidence and forget this girl.You also should not be terrified and thinking only about that thing but you shall find pleasure in the aspects that are good in your life,as you said.;)

I think that helped you a bit.:)

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
totally understand what you mean.

There are many transitions in life: from elementary to HS, from HS to university/college, then to the workforce.

You can feel at peace though because we all go through the same process. We wonder what will happen to us next, if we are going to get a good job, etc.
I wondered the same thing, but speaking with my friends, it was obvious they feel the same way, and it made me feel better.

I'm currently in University as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts