Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roma urged to make fresh bid for Cannavaro
By John Iannantuono - June 13, 2002

Former Serie A champions, AS Roma, are the latest club to spark an interest in azzurri defender, Fabio Cannavaro.
Roma President, Franco Sensi, has been urged by captain, Francesco Totti, and coach Fabio Capello to re-design the team and as a result, Sensi is now considering a move on Parma's 29-year-old defender.

Parma have placed a £30 million price tag on Cannavaro, however Sensi believes the price may fall as Parma's sporting director, Arrigo Sacchi, has a keen interest in Roma's promising young forward, Antonio Cassano.

Roma are prepared to pay up to £20 million for Cannavaro plus offering Cassano on loan, or alternatively, Brazilian Assuncao, who is also admired by the Emiliani club.

Prior to the World Cup, Cannavaro was tipped to be heading to Juventus.

However, while Juve chose to bid for Alessandro Nesta instead, and with AC Milan pulling out of the bidding war altogether, Roma may now a real chance at landing one of the world's best central defenders.

From Tribalfootball.com.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Offering Cassano on loan... Gee... Thanks Sensi! :rolleyes: These kind of moves make me sick! :mad: I really don't want us to become a loaning club. We already have Adriano more or less on loan and really don't need another one. With loans you can't build a team for the future and if take that path we know that it was all empty words about the new strategy. :(

Give me Assuncao though. Please! That guy is great to have in a team for his free kicks. Lethal!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
First of all I can't see how a Cassano loan covers 10 million. ;) Secondly, Cassano right now would NOT start at Parma. Both Di Vaio and Adriano are better than him. Pointless.

About Assuncao, I'd love to have him next to Lamouchi, he'd be ideal. Plus we could get several goals for his free kicks. (when was the last time Parma scored from a free kick anyway? Must be from the Veron/Chiesa era...)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Assuncao would be nice to have. :)
Good player and excellent freekick.

About Cassano on loan, well.....you know :rolleyes:

But I don't think Roma will get him. They don't seem interested enough to make a big enough bid.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I like Cassano very much, but he wouldnt fit in our style of play. Assuncao would be nice. Maybe £20m and Assuncao :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Actually I think a player like Cassano or Mutu would fit better up front with Adriano than Di Vaio. Adriano is no target man Di Vaio can feed off, he's a striker who's main job is to score. Just like Marco. We'd need someone who could play a few meters behind Adriano and provide some fantasy also from between their midfield and their defence. If we are to play with Di Vaio and Adriano we need one of the midfielders to take this place when we attack. Preferably one of the wingers. I saw that Ortega did this against Sweden and it worked quite well. With both him and Aimar operating that space it was very hard for the swedish defence to know what to do. I think that we should let Nakata do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts