Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the loss against turkey, a lot of players will quit the national team. what should be the (younger) team in our openingsgame of the qualifiers (is it against croatia?)?

Lemmens
DeCock
Valgaeren
VanBuytenen
Daems
Enlebert
Baseggio
???? maybe vandepaar
Goor (unless soetaers breaks through in kerkrade)
M'penza (a bad game but a whole lot of class)
Cavens (but mentally he has to grow otherwise roussel)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes, it is against Croatia

In goal i rather see Herpoel

Defence seems ok to me :)

in the midfield i would say Van Handenhoven central with Bassegio. Is Soetaers a wing-player ?

Attack Mpenza with Roussel.

But it's going to be hard choice i think because we have lots of good young players who are on the same level. To name one more : Somers ...

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes how could i forget van handenhoven.he's brillant. io would prefer him on the right and englevbert with baseggio in the centre.

soetaers is a left wionger. he always played there with anderlecht

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
hmm, i always thought he was a striker.

Did he played much last games with Roda ? I only saw him once there (when he fell in on the end of a game) and he made a good impression the minutes that he played.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mayeb he's more like a real winger. overmars-style. the few times i saw him, he made an enormous impression on me. i'm still mad about the fact anderlecht let him go!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah, it is really a shame then. Surely when Goor is going to leave he would have got his chance maybe. I don't get why Anderlecht then tried to buy Ribus from Mechelen for that position when they already had a player for the left wing !

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just another example of the stupidity of the anderlecht-board. with this kind of management is quite surpisingely that they keep doing it soo good on the pitch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts