Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently our forum-description is as follows:
More than 100 year old Barça is alive and kicking from the Camp Nou to the world.
I think this could be better. Something with "Founded in the 19th century" and "the pride of Catalunya". Do you have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I think "Som mès que un club" is the best thing to have. It`s catalan and means; we`re more than just a club.

·
Registered
879 Posts
yeah.. I'd like something from the founding documents of barcelona. It says something about 'not being for profit' etc. I don't know exactly what, but I read some about these documents on a bbc. website

Anyway, the language in the document is very elegant.. if anybody know it please post the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Krijn said:
No english text added to that?
Nah, or how about; "Luis Figo should be shot!". Another idea is to have a quote from Figo where his saying; "¡Soy un hijo de puta!". Just two suggestions.:)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
the only team that has always played an european competition

·
Registered
555 Posts
I like the catalan sentence, but it sounds more like a subtitle to me. Don't get me wrong, i'm only judging the sound of it not the meaning! I'd like a more 'history describing' first sentence (maybe in english, maybe in catalan) with "Som mès que un club" at the end.

Just my opinion tough. I'm pretty new here. IMO, deciding things like this is more something for the longtimers.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Robbans quote sais it all...That is what it`s all about...

I think we are one of a very few teams that never has missed out on european competition and that is very big as well....

Cheers:D

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think just "Som mès que un club" is too short for a forum description. Maybe something like
"The pride of Catalunya was founded in the 19th century, and never missed out on European competition. So we're proud to say: "Som mès que un club!""

Remember it has to be clear to everyone, not only to the intelligent people Barçafans are :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Krijn said:
"The pride of Catalunya was founded in the 19th century, and never missed out on European competition. So we're proud to say: "Som mès que un club!""

i think is too long, the pride of Catalunya that has never missed out on European competition, som més que un club

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
is sóm més que un club

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
ok Krijn...u are right....this is the best sentence....it must be considered....i accept it 100%

·
Registered
555 Posts
This sounds perfect to me Krijn. maybe a little ajustment:

"The pride of Catalunya was founded in the 19th century, and never missed out on European competition - F.C. Barcelona, Som mès que un club!"

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"The pride of Catalunya was founded in the 19th century, and never missed out on European competition - F.C. Barcelona: Sóm més que un club!"

Is this ok?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Krijn said:
"The pride of Catalunya was founded in the 19th century, and never missed out on European competition - F.C. Barcelona: Sóm més que un club!"

Is this ok?
What about this one? :)

Founded in the 19th century, F.C. Barcelona is the only club never to miss out on European competition. The pride of Catalunya: "Sóm més que un club!".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts