Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I'd want a win over anything, but this time I'm more into seeing the team playing well together than anything. It's Piturca's first game in charge; not under the best circumstances with so many players absent, and a win would be nice, but that isn't what we should use this game for.

The foreign based players were called today by Victor Piturca:

Tiberiu Ghioane (Dinamo Kiev), Adrian Iencsi (Spartak Moscova), Valentin Năstase (Bologna), Răzvan Raţ (Şahtior Doneţk), Daniel Pancu (Beşiktaş Istanbul), Constantin Gâlcă (Almeria), Nicolae Mitea (Ajax Amsterdam) şi Adrian Ilie (FC Zürich)

Nice to see a few new faces in there. The return of Ghioane has finally come, and Nastase, Galca and Ilie haven't been called up for a very long time now; they are back. Of course Mutu, Chivu, Lobont, Marica and Stoican are absent. Cernat is a surprisingly overlooked.

We should work on improving the team and getting the most out of these players as they are very good if used properly. I'd like to see who Piturca picks from Divizia A before I could predict a team. Remember our goalkeeper, right-back, right-midfielder and possibly two strikers will be from Divizia A.

A good performance against these guys might help the guys confidence a bit which has been a bit grey in opur NT camp recently, and we need a determined team for Holland.

HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Yes, Cernat wasn´t called, and although he hasn´t been great for a while i think we can still use him. Codrea wasn´t called either, so Piturca chooses Galca over him. I would say that is the second mistake. Did you know that Galca thought the game vs Armenia was a friendly? I think that shows how much he cares about the NT. Although he is a very talented player i´m sure Codrea was a better option.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
How is this game a new era?

I think the game against Holland will have reserved this title. This is only a friendly and Piturca will probably shuffle around all the players...

Anyways, I think Nastase is not good enough for the NT and Galca should have not been re-called.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marius said:
How is this game a new era?

I think the game against Holland will have reserved this title.
New manager = new team = new era

If you like a higher importance to the title then thats OK. A qualification would be a serious new era.

·
Registered
70,112 Posts
I think it´s a right title for this game.

I´m glad that Piturca trust still on Ilie. With Mutu out and Neaga playing like a shadow with the NT, I think a motivated Ilie is a good option. I would call Codrea too. He plays regularly at his team (that´s rare in a Romanian player lately) and he plays well according to Torino fans.

GSP think about this team vs Slovakia:

Nastase deserves a chance as well, for the same reasons than Codrea, and because of our doubts in defence. It seems that Piturca will consider Mitea, Marica and Plesan as senior players definitively.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Galca...hmmm well how has he been playing lately? He's been totally off the radar. And shouldn't Tiberiu Ghioane play behind Pancu as a DM? I thought that Galca had become old and slow years ago. But whatever, if Piturca can squeeze good performances out of him, then OK.

·
Registered
70,112 Posts
It´s normal to be skeptical about Galca. He wasn´t never very good defensively and he´s a bit slow. But we hadn´t a player as creative as him in midfield in the last years. His left foot is still excellent for shots and long passes.A talented and experienced player always can help, but probably we had other possibilities for this game.

Lately he has been the best player of his team according to Spanish press, as Craioveanu.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The D-A players will be called on Monday.

I haven't seen Galca play for a while but I don't have any bad memories of him so I am not complaining too much until the game.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Raven said:
I haven't seen Galca play for a while but I don't have any bad memories of him so I am not complaining too much until the game.
Unlike Cernat, he likes slow-paced, lateral passes as opposed to penetrating ones. :googly: :wallbang: Very frustrating.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cernat should find another club before expecting national team calls. He is a great player but he needs to be playing regularly.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha, it's one or the other with Ghioane, now it's the national team. :D

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Things look bad once again, so many injuries, low level in some players, right now a big part of my hope is in the return of the Cobra, although he won´t be the player he used to, his tactical intelligence and talent may still be able to make a difference for us

·
Registered
70,112 Posts
Lotul tricolorilor pentru Slovacia

Victor Piturca a anuntat azi lista jucatorilor din campionatul intern convocati pentru amicalul cu Slovacia, din 9 februarie: Stelea (Dinamo), M. Popa (Poli AEK), Badoi, Fl. Moldovan, Daniel Niculae (Rapid), Oprita, D. Munteanu, Radoi (Steaua), Fl Petre (Dinamo), Plesan (U Craiova), Tibi Balan, Gigel Bucur (Sportul Studentesc). Asadar, în Cipru vor face deplasarea 20 de jucatori, telegrame de convocare fiind trimise, dupa cum se stie, anterior "stranierilor" Tiberiu Ghioane (Dinamo Kiev), Valentin Nastase (Bologna), Adrian Iencsi (Spartak Moscova), Razvan Rat (Sahtior Donetk), Daniel Pancu (Besiktas Istanbul), Constantin Gâlca (Almeria), Nicolae Mitea (Ajax Amsterdam) si Adrian Ilie (FC Zürich).

·
Registered
70,112 Posts
No Caramarin is surprising...

I think Piturca will test Badoi as right back. He chose Bucur in the place of Danciulescu.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts