Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Brazilan forward duo up front, and Czech playmarker Rosicky in midfield, and the newly signed 'New Beckanbauwer' Kehl in the back, Dortmund is once again the strongest in bundesliga!

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Kehl the new Beckenbauer? Well, if this aint the exaggeration of the century :D

BTW, Leverkusen is the strongest team in the league ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi!! Elephant King:) you are from HK?
I cant agree with you though we are from the same country(city);) just because Leverkusen is the strongest in bundesliga. and I cant see Kehl plays like Beckenbauwer(spelling). Or you mean his physicalappearance... well, Psycho's words, sometimes, are not totally wrong:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The Brazilian strike duo of Amoroso and Ewerthon, along with Czech wunderkind Rosicky have indeed performed up to expectations. But it is Dortmund's surprisingly stingy defense that has won them the games. They had the best goals against record in the Bundesliga. So hats off to Dede, Kohler, Worns, Evanilson (who is leaving for Parma at season's end), and keeper Lehman who have been responsible.

But the best in the Bundesliga? It's still too early to call. It's been a two horse race with Bayer 04 so far. But I wouldn't write off the boys at Sabener Strasse. Man U was in 8th place before they reeled in a string of victories to top the table again. Don't count Bayern out just yet.

Did you know that coach Sammer wanted Angelo Peruzzi to replace the Nationalmannschaft's #2 at one time?;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dortmund didn't convince in the top matches. Whenever an opponent orders a defender to fight Rosicky, he fails - and with him the whole offence. However, the championship won't be won in the top matches, but in the matches vs the bad teams. The team that loses the fewest points there, becomes champion. And there it doesn't look too bad for Dortmund, but also Leverkusen improved in those matches.

·
Registered
756 Posts
No, we're not the strongest yet, but the future looks good. We have bought several young players who are already performing very well and can only get better. Rumours say the Frings deal is nearly done which will further strenghten our squad.
And young players for the future in defence are going to be bought. It's a good sign that Metze already replaced Kohler and is playing very strong. The strongest rival for the title is obviously Bayer, although I won't count Bayern out now. We'll have to see how they perform vs. Leverkusen.
Yes, we haven't won vs. the other top teams, but I think if we don't slip up vs. the smaller teams, we can handle that. Man U has problems vs. the other big teams, too and are still top of the Premier League.
Kehl being the new Beckenbauer? It's too early to say that, but he could play in his position.

The Peruzzi rumour came up by Calciomercato (or however they're called) and I didn't believe in it at all.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
well, sure the dortmund team has been far excellent till now with the striking force of amoroso,koller,ewerthon and the stylish midfielders of ricken and maestro rosicky.....moreover their defence has been excellent as the champ siad with kohler-reuter-worns-evanilson and dede.Also Leverkusen has been terrific with all the team playing well from neuville and kirsten up infront to ballack,ramelow,basturk,schneider and offcourse nowotny and the brazilian defender i forgot his name.But to say which is better in the league is still early because we haven't seen Bayern playing with its full formation yet,something leverkusen and dortmund has been doing since the begining of the season.Well dont write Bayern's chances off,because its still early to decide.
But between Leverkusen and Dormtund,i think that Bayer is the better team and he showed that in the UCL where he survived his group while dortmund didnt survive an easier one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Marvin4 said:
the brazilian defender i forgot his name.But to say which is better in the league is still early because we haven't seen Bayern playing with its full formation yet,something leverkusen and dortmund has been doing since the begining of the season.
The Brazilian defender is Lucio. He is missing since a couple of matches. Leverkusen had trouble with injuries in the matches before the winter break. That's why they lost in the away matches back then. They need Lucio in the top matches, cause he is the security for Nowotny - if he doesn't have the security of a good defender next to him, then he also fails (as in the national team). Bayern is not yet out of the champions race, but the Leverkusen match is their last chance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
in my eyes, it is too early to say who is the best or who will be the champion. don't forget there are some excellent teams who may not win the champion, such as Bremen, Berlin Herta etc. their performance when they play against Dor. and Leverkusen, Bayern decide who can win the champion at the end of the season, in a sense. as far as i am concerned, i think the champion will be the dortmund. as to bayern, well, a big bayern fan as i am, i think the bottom line is the ticket of the next champion league, that is to say bayern will have to be in the first three ranks, unless we can win the champion of the champion league again.

forza bayern

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
To those who underestimated Bayern, I think the 2-0 victory over Bayer 04 has something to say about that.

Next weekend is Dortmund. A win will result in only a 3 point deficit from the Bundesliga leadership.

Bayern are back :tongue:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Indeed, "never under estimate a heart of a champion" Rudi Tomjonavic (houston rockets coach)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Why are all you guys suddenly quoting and mentioning things from the NBA? Does that mean that basketball is suddenly popular in your neck of the woods?:confused:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Sure basketball is famous everywhere champ........even my country LEBANON will be @ the world cup this year and they have been drawn tonight against Brazil,Turkey and Portorico.......Damn it Germany came with the dream team,but i think 2 qualify from the group :D

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Who cares? They have no chance against our mighty DiNo :proud: :stuckup: :star:

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Champ said:
To those who underestimated Bayern, I think the 2-0 victory over Bayer 04 has something to say about that.

Next weekend is Dortmund. A win will result in only a 3 point deficit from the Bundesliga leadership.

Bayern are back :tongue:
whether bayern is back depends on the next two matches. we must beat st. pauli, then at the weekemd, we must beat dortmund. if we can do so, it is time for us to say bayern is back. in fact, i think we did not win for severn rounds, partly because of our bad luck. we missed some vital PKs, and we got a draw when we had two goals ahead of others. anyway, i hope we will be better and better:)

forza bayern

·
Registered
21 Posts
matthausforever said:

whether bayern is back depends on the next two matches. we must beat st. pauli, then at the weekemd, we must beat dortmund. if we can do so, it is time for us to say bayern is back. in fact, i think we did not win for severn rounds, partly because of our bad luck.
Let's say that they got normal luck this year and so didn't win all the matches luckily. But luck is really a good keyword. Dortmund took the top position in the league after the Wolfsburg match - a desastrous match by Dortmund, in which they had a 4 - 28 shot rate. They couldn't have complained about a high loss there. Or Kaiserslautern is keeping up although I can't remember that they played a complete good match this season. They just have tremendous amounts of luck what makes them a hot candidate for the title. And also if you examine the champions of the last years, you'll come to the same result (except the season in which Bayern went clearly ahead) - Dortmund in the mid 90s had unbelievable luck with referee decisions, K'lautern played similar as today, Bayern - I just to have say Unterhaching and Schalke.
If luck is the main factor this season as well, it can only be Dortmund or Kaiserslautern this season.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I guess Bayern aren't back.:( Losing 2-1 to St. Pauli !!!??? It's going to be tough from here. :depress: :depress::depress:

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Champ said:
I guess Bayern aren't back.:( Losing 2-1 to St. Pauli !!!??? It's going to be tough from here. :depress: :depress::depress:
That's what's happening if you think that beating Leverkusen at home is a difficult task at the moment. Bayern already corrected the season aims to reaching rank 3.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts