Xtratime Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a rumor that Juve is offering Pippa Inzaghi and money for Crespo....I swear that if Tanzi allows to the SuperBastard to wear Parma's jersey again I will fly in Italy and cut his throat! :mad: this ****ing idiot has no place in Parma! Lets hope that IF this jerk comes at Parma,Malesani will throw him to the bench and start Di Vaio or SuperMario.Because this diver will never get all these penalties he gets at Juve...probably more yellow cards for acting. :mad:

Probably its only a rumor though...

I would prefer to spend Crespo's money on Montella...a bid of 25-30 million $ would be enough now with the Batistuta situation in Roma.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I´m waiting for Glen to popup in here and with his wonderful logic explain why this deal will go through - you know one of those " I wouldn´t be surprised if Adidas puts together a dream team and brings Beckham to Juve " :)

Honestly I can never ever see a deal including Pippo + money for Crespo .. wait I can .. Pippo + 50$M for Crespo.

Forza Lazio and Parma !!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
SVENNIS!!!!:):).

I believe in logic- yes :).
Having said that I also agree with AMO who has mentioned that Parma wouldn't go there a ZILLION times. I don't see Pippo in gialloblu and one of the reasons (sorry AMO and Parma fans) is that Parma is not a highprofile club the scale of Juve, Milan, Inter and Lazio (which Pippo would demand being a media star and Italian international). Juventus officials has been quoted many times (no names of course which makes it totally unreliable- but still logical:)) saying that if Pippo were to get sold they would prefer him sold abroad.
Manchester U. , Arsenal and Real Madrid has all been mentioned, but his most likely destination would be Inter if we could persuade Moratti to sell us Vieri back. Lippi is known to be an admiror of Pippo and Vieri looks like our biggest striker priority right now along with Anelka :)().

Beckham ? Hardly, but IF he were to leave the scummers I suppose Moggi would check it out.

JOAKIM; RIGHT ON :). I've never seen AMO's face but I'm pretty sure I would be able to spot him in a crowd if 1000's of people were gathered while this information was given :). Hilarious thought :).
I would never give 50mill.$ for Crespo though.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glen,I thought you knew better...why Parma is not a high-profile club? we have nothing to be jealous of Inter or Lazio and if you want check last 10 years titles.We still dont have a scudetto but hey,we are in Seria A for 10 years,can anyone picture Vicenza lifting the scudetto in ten years? you are right on one thing,we dont get much attention from the media.We definitely deserve more...

As for Italian internationals its the stupies thing you ever said Glen.Parma used to have at least 4 starters in the national team during the qualifiers and if Zoff wasnt such a idiot or Buffon didnt break his hand we would have one less in the Euro.

However,its true that if SuperBastard didnt play in Juventus,he wouldnt play for the Squadra Azzura,and that has to do with (a) him being useless and (b) Zoff playing the boring Juve style with boring Juve players...and I'm sure that if he could and the press let him he would play 11 Juve players...too bad Canna and Nesta play in other teams.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
a NASTY rumour,but i would prefer to keep crespo in parma and pippo in juve......
remember what happened to chiesa in viola!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
For what it's worth, Parma are considered as high-profile as any of other Serie A clubs among those following the games in the States. Winning is everything, and Parma have done that. I also remember Parma being one of the hottest selling merchandizers in Europe the past year. Not too shabby for a little town in Emilia-Romagna.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
AMO; Come on :(. I never intended to bully Parma by that statement. Parma indeed has had quite a number of players with the national team, but not many of them has been bought while they were actually nationals. D. Baggio and Fuser was already with the Azzurri but Buffon, Cannavaro, Apolloni, Zola, Bennarivo and at some point Vanoli made their name with Parma. Baggio was rejected by Juve and Lazio made the mistake to think Fuser was over the hill.
I honour Parma for their magnificent contribution in the last decade, but they SIMPLY do not have the history of the other teams. They don't have a vast stadium or a fancied name in the public eye and you know it.
They may get their eventually, but it takes more than great results in the UEFA cup and Italian cup to get to the level of the other teams from a recoqnition point of view. Lazio is just getting there now because of their scudetto and massive transfer campaigns, but they're still not even marginally close to Juve and the Milan teams in terms of international appeal. Why do you think Cragnotti is busting his as* to sign Rivaldo (or any Brazilian) or Figo ?
Even my mother who couldn't care less about football knows the name of Juve, Milan and Inter while Parma is ham to her and Lazio could well be some kind of African dance:). She's obviously not a good example but you know what I mean.
There's a reason Veron was prized away- there's a reason why a player like Crespo could leave now and there's a reason Thuram at some point said he would not object to move to a more highprofile club. Tanzi is doing all he can to bring Parma to the next level, but don't tell me there's no difference between Parma and the afore mentioned teams in terms of prestige. Parma may very well be a better team than every other Italian team but Lazio and Juve right now, but as you know Inter and Milan attracts more players than Parma does. Luckily (for you) Tanzi has been good at finding players like Cannavaro, Thuram, Crespo, Veron and many others before the vultures of Italian football- namely Milan, Inter, Juve and now Lazio snapped them up. That's why you're on the verge of the REALLY big scene.
You're part of the seven sisters now, but there's still something called "the big 3" as well- and Lazio is not included.
Don't look for offences from me, because I rate Parma highly. But don't say that Parma is the same as the others in these aspects, because they're not.
I never like hearing that my remarks are stupid, and I thought I made a good humoured reply. You say Parma deserves more from the press? That may very well be true, but as long as they're not getting it that's the best possible proof that they're not yet high profile.
Correction: Parma IS highprofile- but not as much as the others. Capische ?
I'm not in any way going to say that Leeds is as good a team as Parma, but do you think Leeds is getting as much press as Chelsea or Liverpool in England even if they've made a sensational recovery these last two years and finished before them in this years standings + made the UEFA semifinal ? I don't think so (I know they don't) and Leeds has the old warhorse tradition after all.
And you can look to France for other examples- or Germany.. whatever.

I don't know how my words seemed so provocative to you. I did not intend to put down Parma, and just because I object to your idea that Parma is as "big" as Inter or Lazio is no reason for starting some kind of fight or seriously branding me stupid. Afterall- the point in question was that I agreed with you that Pippo wouldn't come back to Parma. In the same sentence I agreed with you "that Parma wouldn't go there".

I even agree with one more thing (to end this in a goodspirited way): It's a shame that Nesta and Cannavaro doesn't play for Juve :)- You can add Fiore to that list too :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see a big difference between prestigius and high-profile.Prestigius is made of history,press and refs influence.High profile is a results of FOOTBALL and no way I'm going to accept that Parma of the last decate has anything to be jealous of Inter or Lazio apart from a scudetto.You say UEFA Cup and Copa Italia titles,well tell me what Inter has win in the last decade? I will again bring you the examble with Vicenza,a club newly promoted to Seria A.Can you picture Vicenza taking the scudetto or any title in the next 10 years? to make it even tougher,Parma had NEVER been in Seria A before while vicenza has...now,if all these dont make a club absolutely respectable to those who care about football and not trophee cabins I'm an alien.What Steve said sais it all,in USA a country with no soccer tradition,they see the teams that play football and pick.Well,it seems that Parma gets an equal portion of support...that sais it all.Tradition does not make saves ro score goals.The slightest thing tradition does is making the refs supporting you,and I must admit that Parma (like Lazio) are behind in that section comparing them with Juve or the Milan clubs.Fortunately...

I didnt call you stupid.I said THAT certain remark was stupid and nothing more.I think yuo know how much I value your opinion (excluding Pessotto:)).

PS.Veron left because he wasnt training and because Malesani thought Ortega would do better.I know this sounds tottayl stupid but thats the truth.And if Veron was here,Crespo would love to be here as well...Thuram said and still says a million stuff,and he is still here,perfectly happy,captain,and signing a contract till 2005.

Sprry for my "hard" reply,but I found your comments extremelly provocative...you may not meant it but any Parma fan who would read it would get pissed off.Its like someone telling you that Real Madrid and Man Utd are centuries ahead of juve because they have biggest tradition,completely bull**** as you figure out...

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i'm not even getting involved in this disscusion...

altough if a player from a abroad club can choose between
italian clubs there first clubs would be milan and juve
1 cuz they pay much money
2 cuz they are a traditional club

Ofcource some players don't give a * and just go were they smell $ and they play regualarly.

Also Parma is a small city and some footballers don't want to live in small(boring) city's:(

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
AMO; OK :).

I suppose your destinction between "highprofile" and "prestigious" is what separates us here.

My words were solely referring to (elements at least:)) what you would call prestigious, which is why Inter don't have to win anything for the next ten years either.
I do not mean to put Parma down, but you've seen how Parma has lost players (not been able to buy them) because they didn't qualify for CL this seaon. Inter bought Vieri and a host of other players before last season, and when Milan disappointed some seasons back they had no problems attracting starplayers either. THAT's what I'm talking about- not about refereeing pressure, but I'll admit that's a benefit for the biggest team historically.

Anyway- I'll leave this topic now. Pippo isn't coming anyway :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glen,I think the only way Inter did this was money.Everyone would join them if they triple or quartrable his salary and if they pay a record million trasnfer for him.Especially when we are talking about Mr Mercenary,Cristian Vieri.I'm 1000% that if Napoli offered him an even biggest salary and an even biggest trasnfer fee hw would join them in a minute.MONEY is everything.If moratti or berlusconi are crazy enough to pay a record fee plus their best midfielder for a fantastic stiker who never plays more than half a season then I'm happy Tanzi is not.(although I'd rather see him pay something more for other players like Rui Costa:()

And a big PHHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW if Pippo doesnt come.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have a different view on the matter: The players growing up watching football all dream of playing for the club they grew up admiring. Right now players aged 15 and up are seeing the success of clubs like Lazio, Real, Barca, Milan, Juventus and Parma.

Look at Lazio, the last 6 years we have been close to lo Scudetto and that generates admiration with young players.

Inter has always been among the big 3 but right now I have to say that Lazio have moved passed Inter. I´m sure that players and fans around the world feel that Inter is becoming something of a long running joke with all the crazy transfers and injuries.

Amo you have to look at the facts - Parma have no big player coming to the club. Thuram, Crespo, Buffon and Cannavaro where unknown when they came to Parma and it would be a great move for Parma if they could manage to sign a player like Zidane, Rivaldo, Raul or Beckham ( the most famous players around ). If any of these stars would agree a move to Parma then maybe the future would bring more stars and that could raise the status of Parma.

Up until a couple of years ago the title race was only about Milan and Juve, with Inter putting in the challenge but not lasting all season. Right now I see a totally even race between Roma, Juve, Milan and Lazio. Parma is just outside of this quartett because of their midfield ( who´s the playmaker ?? who will cover the wings ?? )

I really like Parma ( I´m a sucker for the underdog, why do you think I chose Lazio for my club ?? they had no success when I started following the club ).

This season I think that Roma will be the most dangerous team because of their transfers and because they do not participate in the CL - but Parma could seize the moment because I´m sure that both Lazio, Milan and Juve will focus more on CL.

Forza Lazio and Parma.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Svennis,Parma right now is building a GREAT midfield.Not as good as Lazio or Juve's but who has Parma's defence? (NOTE: we are talking about individuals,not team efforst because as great defenders dont nessasarily make a great defence,great midfielders not nessasarily make a great midfield).Almeyda nad Boghossian are a very strong partnership in central midfield,Micoud can very well be what Zidane became in Italy (maybe not) since their careers are really similar...Roma are tradiotional screw upers and will have serius problems with Nakata and Montella.So as I always said,the fight for the scudetto is between 6 team in Ityaly (I exclude Fiorentina until I see Batigol's replacement and the end of the Rui Costa story).The teams in Italy are all even and the scudetto is more a matter of luck and form than quality.As for Parma's wibngs,we have Fuser and soon Sergio Conceicao.We just have too find Vanoli's form or Falsini's explosion.

Finally,you say Parma is not buying stars,well,is Juve buying? I already made a comparison to Micoud and Zidane,too incredibly similar cases (I'm not saying Micoud is better than Zizou now,please understand this...what I;'m saying is that Zidane wasnt different than this when he came at Italy) Inzaghi was a great goalscorer at a tiny team,and Kovacevic was one of the best forwards in the spanish league as Thuram was one of the best defenders in the French league.You can easily spot the similarities to Ferrara and Cannavaro (Napoli) and you can find a star made from the club (Del Piero and Buffon),moreover both Juve and Parma bough other big clubs rejects (Davids and Fuser) and revived their careers.Also both clubs got players from Seria B teams and made them italian internationals (Vanoli and Pessotto).As we all know,Juve has been having for years a great trasnfer policy without buying stars...Parma isd trying to do the same,without the same success,but still absolutely brilliant for a 10 years club.

Nor Juve or Parma buy Big players like Vieri and Figo not because their presidents cant afford it (Agnelli and Tanzi mean FIAT and Parmalat,they can afford to buy the whole Italy) but because they put money and business interest first and their football club second.Be sure that Cragnotti would do the same if he was running a club by his own and not through the stock market.So,its a matter of tranfer policy.Parma decided to follow Juve's way and not Inter's or Milan's..will this work? this has to be seen....BUT right now,there is no big player that would reject a move to Parma because he doesnt like the city or this crap.M O N E Y.Tanzi may had to give him a bit more and he would come running perfectly happy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great points, Amo. And if I may add to the "money is all that matters theme"...

As an American fan, I find it odd that most of the press centers around the huge transfer fees. They rarely mention a player's salary. In the United States, with free agency, player's contracts earn all the press. A player will be happy where he is earning the most money. Last summer, Thuram was bitching and moaning about wanting to play for a "bigger" club blah blah blah. Yet, once the season started, he was signed and named captain! I have a feeling that the money shut him up. Bottom line is this... Parma may not shell out the $80million to get players like Vieri, but that does not mean they're miserly about player's salaries (which is all that really matters).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Since the topic is that nasty rumor but really if parma is a high profile club. the answer is that parma is not a high profile club. crespo makes their jersey a hot item b/c he is that good, but how often does parma get mentioned even when they have a fantastic season. Personally I am a fiorentina fan so my view is slanted, but to say that parma is a higher profile club then Fiorentina or even on the level of the big three is proposterious. By the way when Beckham leave Man U and he will because the taunts he gets in england are really too much to bear, parma will not be an option. Bet on barca or Milan. Money is an equallizer in sports it is too bad that Inter, Juve, Roma have driven the prices up way to high for players that they sit on the bench because otherwise teams like parma and Fiorentina could buy those players and make serious runs at the title. I am sure if Parmalat wanted to they could spend regardless of profit, but they don't like fiorentina's management. Look at the similarities of these two teams last year and realize that only a few clubs are willing to spend that kind of money. unfortunately and I hate the concept of the super league we see the same clubs every summer paying those huge transfer fees so why do the rest of us bother. Because if we get a good team with 1 or 3 superstars and not twelve we can win a title, win the campions league and then afford to play with the big boys but do realize until Parma or any middlemarket team does that they really cannot afford to play with the big boys. As much as supporters feel that their team plays for them it doesn't it plays for the bankbook...

By the way deal you crespo for Rui costa straight up..though i don't think you should do that...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts