Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the 1st half (due to office responsibilities). However, I was kept informed via my mobile phone by my brother and my boyfriend and his friends in Madrid and Seville. When I finally arrived in the local bar "All Stars" (city centre of Amsterdam) it was crapped with Dutch fans. Luckily enough there were some Spanish people too. I sat there, with a drink in one hand, the mobile in the other, silently sinking into the screen. The score was 2-2. ......I died several times...again and again....When the Yugo's scored 3-2, I had a minor stroke. One of my biggest dreams was about to get destroyed......Until that penalty. The one that excellent player Mendieta silvered for us. The Holy Santa Maria must have been with us. Pep Guardiola (who I had wished back to Barcelona after his poor performance in the matches against Norway and Slovenia) gave an brilliant pass. And our hero ALFONSO did all the rest. ALFONSO on his little, white shoes....he gave me (and hundred thousands of other Spanish fans) back our dream. I can't tell you how it felt. I had my brother hanging around my neck, my friends in Madrid crying on the phone. And myself ? I just breathed....very very slowly. Until I saw Raul smiling and Camacho making his fists. Then I finally knew it really, really was true. SPAIN DID IT ! .......

The Yugo's gave a heavy performance. Many unnecessary kicks, nasty slidings, and an attitude that was overwhelmed by arrogance. It all didn't make them very popular. After last night's matches they'll face Holland as their next oponent. The Dutch are NOT looking forward to that. Edgar Davids already has a yellow card. They'll be after him, I know it. But I couldn't care less. To hell with the Dutch. This tournament is the one of the surprises....Germany. Belgium and England gone. It never seems to end. My only wish is that Romania and France will be the next "victims" of these surprises. Let ITALY and SPAIN do the job !!! .....

Sevilla is the place to be today....ALFONSO PARA SIEMPRE !!

The Miss

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Lovely, lovely Missy! Say, are you a reporter or anything? You sure write beautifully!

Well, lucky you, being in Holland and Belgium... I'm stuck in Greece and on top of everything I have to face a crappy weather that would be a decent compensation...

Well, there's no justice in life after all.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gracias !

No Hala,
I'm not a reporter. Although I could very well go through for one since I have been visting Italy vs. Turkey, Spain vs. Norway, Italy vs. Sweden, Spain vs. Slovenia and still have the quarterfinals Portugal vs. Turkey coming up !

Lucky me indeed. All those tickets have costed me half of my yearly salary but it sure as hell has been worth every penny ! Amsterdam is the soccer city at the moment. Lots and lots of soccerfans from all over the goddamn place have invaded our country. This weekend will be absolutely stunning, I can't wait.....

Dare to give any predictions ?

Missy

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Hmmmm.. let me check my crystal bowl...

I see :
Portugal over Turkey
Italy over Romania
...easily

I still can't understand how these two teams (the Turks especially) managed to qualify!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
The English were crap, but THAT MUCH????????

Then :
France over Spain (my two fave teams against each other, my heart aches but France is better)

And last (but certainly not least) :

Yugo over Holland!!!!!!!!!
.....and LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

!Y que no desaparezcas querida! (right?)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hola !

Portugal will indeed beat the Turks. It doesn't matter, they've had their party anyway and it was already great for those Turks to come this far. The English weren't crap but they couldn't impress me either. Especially their defense with Sola and Keown showed a lot missing.

Italy will hopefully win over the Romanians. I'm counting on them since reaching the quarterfinals hasn't been such a huge thing for the Azzurri. They played it cool, did not waste too much energy and are not haunted by injuries like the Romanians are with Popescu and the missing of 2 other basis players.

Spain has a good chance of beating France. As long as they can keep their heads together. Alfonso is an absolute killer and the Spanish win over the Yugo's has surely given them something special.:D

If Spain and Italy go through and the Yugo's kill the Dutch I might as well take Monday off. If that happens I will bath myself in green Bacardi Breezers......:p

Enjoy the matches !

Missy

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Glasses up and CHEERS!!!

I'll try to enjoy the matches... if the last two won't kill me from a heart attack!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts