Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone,

I hate doing this but it seems that some of us still don't want to play by the rules. So let's get a few things straight here once and for all:

This forum is here because Jan has suggested it and allowed it to exist. Don't kid yourselves, Jan is the reason why it's here at all. So instead of treating Jan with hostility, let's treat Jan with some respect... what do you say? Jan could kill this forum tomorrow, because why? Because some people refuse to follow the rules. That leaves the rest of us without a place to vent, or to share ideas or opinions. I don't know about you, but I sort of like this place. So it's not only up to me, but it's up to all of us to make sure this place stays around. Let's give some friendly advice to new posters on what the rules are when we see them transgress or anyone else for that matter.

So let's go over the rules shall we?
1. No profanity. I won't tolerate it any longer whether it's in English, Serbian, or Chinese. People who swear will receive one warning, after that if it happens again they will be banned, plain and simple. No excuses, and no exceptions. If you feel your words are borderline, edit them. It would be a shame to lose any of you over a goofy swear word.

2. Speaking of languages, it seems some people think that Jan has a problem with the Serbian language. Jan has no problem with the Serbian language per se, but Jan does have a problem understanding strictly Serbian. I'm sure Jan would have no problem reading posts in Serbian if they had an English translation that followed. So let's translate, into English all our Serbian posts, that way EVERYONE can understand, including non Serbs. Let's not be so xenophobic in thinking that it's just us in this forum. Let's show the world that we too have a great country, great football, and great hospitality. I know what you're going to say next "but I've seen other people post in other languages and no one tells them anything". Unfortunately it's true, that I can't deny. I don't know how many times I've been to the Lazio forum and mattias, svennis, and others start posting in Dutch or Finnish or whatever. It's so frustrating!!!!! :( So instead of adding to the frustration, let's educate people in the Serbian language, you never know, you might make a new friend :).
In closing gang let's just follow the age old addage and "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you". Plain and simple, don't you agree?

Thanx everyone.

------------------
Later

M

·
0 Posts
Guys hes right it might seem funny but dont forget this could be our last day on this great site.Stop it.

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
You started it you $#!?*&$%[email protected]#
Sorry guys, I had to just one more time.
And I can't give you the translation.. :)

V

·
0 Posts
Grobar & Jan,

excellent!!!
Also, we don't need to have zillion topics. We need to help Jan thread a little bit.

Cheers!

L

·
0 Posts
Grobar
Very intelligently said, I couldn't agree more. We need to be more cautious of what we say, because like you, I like this forum and I certainly don't want to lose it.

But what people must understand is that it hurts when you are attacked because you are only trying to defend your nation, its people and culture. I'm not saying that its happened here at this forum but its certainly happened in the Lazio forum. I've read some of the things that people have said and its disgusting to say the least.
For the past 10 years Serbs have been called the evil race, to the nazis of the nineties and these are just to name are few, and not to mention being blamed for every thing that happens in the Balkans. This is the reason why we get so defensive, we are just so sick of it. Some people might be surprised to know that Serbs are HUMAN BEINGS as well. We don't want your pity as some people in the Lazio forum have suggested. We just want to be treated the same as everyone else and a little understanding wouldn't hurt. You have no idea what it is like to be a Serb in this day and age unless you are one. Its hard at times.

Jan, we will treat you and the forum with respect and we hope that you and other non-yugos can join in freely in future posts.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I just felt it had to be said.

P.S. Jan, punish ALL those that abuse the rules not just a selective few

G

·
0 Posts
How calls us Nazi's, mamicu im jebem(you dont want a translation of that)

the only real nazi's in the world today are Dirty Bill and 'Pola Baba pola Deda' Albraight.

now back to the original post...well, I agree with you, Grobar, on most things but I dont see what the fuss about the language, sinece the modarator understands it. I really doubt anyone not a yugo gives a stuff about our league(but then agin Mohammad...)

but it's Jan's site, and I dont want to get banned.

V

·
0 Posts
Jan & Grobar >

Balkan Syndrome topic generated by Atomic Punk is consistently supporting hate and insults. My opinion is that the whole topic deserves to be zapped as an embarrassment of Xtratime.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.