Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is supposed to be filled by comments on the Inter's players who are playing the World Cup.

Let's comment their games, performances, goals, results and hopefully their victories! :D

I'll remind you all the Inter's players playing in WC:

Toldo, Materazzi, C.Zanetti, DiBiagio, Vieri ITALY
J.Zanetti ARGENTINA
Recoba, Sorondo URUGUAY
Emre, Okan TURKEY
Ronaldo BRAZIL
S.Coincecao PORTUGAL

Maybe this thread might become a sticky...Carson??? :D ;) :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
done, sigge.. :)

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Five Inter players in the Italian squad. Not bad, ey? :) It´s been said that we have too little Italians but whenever there´s a WC we do have some participants from our team. In 98 we had Bergomi, Pagliuca and Moriero. I might have forgotten someone now. :embarass:

Too bad that only Vieri is a certain starter and that probably Di Biagio and Zanetti will compete against eachother for a starting position. Hopefully Zanetti wins that struggle, but knowing Trap he will probably use the more experienced Di Biagio along with Tommasi. :(

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Italian players have their number...

The numbers of the Italian national team have been assigned:

Ofcourse this thread is only about the Inter's players to the WC, so I will just post their number ;)

TOLDO 22
MATERAZZI 23
DI BIAGIO 14
C.ZANETTI 6
VIERI 21

·
Registered
441 Posts
Simic in World Cup fitness race

Croatia defender Dario Simic has admitted he may be forced to miss the World Cup after picking up an injury at a training camp in Austria.

Simic pulled up with a muscle strain during a pre-World Cup training exercise and faces an anxious wait to see if he will be fit to make the trip to Japan and Korea.

"It will be clear in five or six days," he explained. "Then we will see if I am ready for the World Cup or not. "My muscle is not OK at the moment but maybe it will recover. I don't know if am I going to be fit. But I can't go to Japan if I am not fit enough."

There was better news concerning Croatia's third-choice goalkeeper for the finals, NK Zagreb's Vladimir Vasilj.

He was stretchered off during a practice match after falling awkwardly on his wrist but tests showed nothing more than bruising and he will resume training in the next few days.

"He will be OK," confirmed coach Mirko Jozic. "We will not look for a replacement."

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRAPATTONI WILL FIELD THREE NERAZZURRI IN THE STARTING LINE-UP FOR TODAY'S FRIENDLY AGAINST THE CZECH REPUBLIC.

(3-4-1-2)

1 Buffon,

5 Cannavaro, 13 Nesta, 3 Maldini,

19 Zambrotta, 14 Di Biagio, 6 Zanetti, 4 Coco,

11 Doni,

9 Inzaghi, 21 Vieri

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
we lost...but i heard toldo had a great game...how about matrix, CZ, DB, and vieri?? did they play well???

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carson35 said:
we lost...but i heard toldo had a great game...how about matrix, CZ, DB, and vieri?? did they play well???

didn't see the game, but I heard too that Toldo made a miracle...

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The World Cup is coming soon:D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Brazil's line for the turkey match will be as follows:

Brazil (3-5-2) : Marcos; Lúcio, Edmílson, Roque Júnior; Cafu, Émerson, Juninho, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Roberto Carlos; Rivaldo e Ronaldo .

this has been confirmed by Scolari

Other news about Ronaldo's NT:

BRAZIL TRIES OUT STARTING ELEVEN - RONALDO SCORES IN TRAINING MATCH
Wednesday, 29 May 2002 13:21:35
SEOUL - Ronaldo scored in the key match in preparation for Brazil's first World Cup encounter against Turkey. Chief coach Scolari fielded the formation that is likely to be the one for Brazil's World Cup opener - a 3-5-2 with the surprise inclusion of Juninho Paulista and with Rivaldo assuming a more central midfield role rather than as a striker. Ronaldo was partnered by Ronaldinho in attack.
Rivaldo opened the scoring in the 4-1 victory over the reserve team, then set up Ronaldo for the second. Ronaldinho then netted twice either side of Kaka's reply for the reserves.

BRAZIL (3-5-2): Marcos; Lucio, Roque Junior, Edmilson; Cafu, Emerson, Juninho, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos; Ronaldinho, Ronaldo

btw ... nice line-up ... lots of attack, which is the best thing that can suit a Brazilian NT ;)

PS. its gonna be one hell of a world cup with the 3 R's leading the attack of the golden team !

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is funny :D

BRAZILIANS MISS EIGHT PENALTIES IN TRAINING MATCH!
Wednesday, 29 May 2002 13:47:44
SEOUL - An amusing situation occurred during Brazil's training match with the reserve team today. Here's what happened.

The first team are awarded a penalty. Ronaldinho takes it, and misses. Scolari gets slightly angry and asks Ronaldo to take the penalty again. The Phenomenon misses as well and it's all too much for Scolari. Up steps Rivaldo, who ... misses. Then Juninho, and yet another mistake! Scolari loses his patience and signals for the match to continue.

An identical situation occurs in the second half! This time, Edmilson, Denilson, Luizao and Kleber all miss from the spot. Scolari dismisses it all as a joke and ends the game with a smile.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not4, not 5, not 6, not 7, BUT EIGHT
damn that must be a record:D ....
maybe this is some kind of plan to get rid of all the bad luck before the tournment starts :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is good to hear after the scare that Recoba had yesturday !!:)

RECOBA: "JUST A SLIGHT KNOCK, I WILL BE THERE AGAINST DENMARK."
Wednesday, 29 May 2002 13:08:30
CHEONAN - From South Korea, Alvaro Recoba has reassured everybody about his physical condition after being forced to miss the last training session with the Uruguayan national team.

"I took a knock and I didn't train yesterday, but only as a precaution," said Recoba . "From today I can rejoin the squad. Don't worry, I've had medical check-ups. I'm feeling much less pain and I will be there for the debut against Denmark."

Hope he shine big time in this world cup !!!
Good luck CHINO !!

·
Registered
831 Posts
u know it seems as if the big teams are gonna start slow in this world cup....

France have got Zizou injured and there defence is suffering so it dont look good for France at the moment.

Argentina have are not scoring any goals at the moment, they played two 60 minute matches VS some Japnies team and the lost 1 (1:0) and drew the other (0:0).

Italy are still not sure what line-up is gonna start although it seems like the new 4411 looks like the number 1 canidate for the first match.

Probably Brazil are the only one out of the big teams who are happy with their line-up ... Rivaldo has finally clicked, Scoring and assisting Ronie in the last training match, Ronaldo as far as i know has been scoring in all of the last matches (training and the friendly), Ronaldinho is ONFIRE scoring like crazy !

SO at the moment i dont about u guys but i would put my money on Brazilians !

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
chino will play tonight against denmark...don't miss it... :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep!...... And Denmark actually have an inter player in their squad! Thomas Helveg who is loaned out to Milan:)!!!!

The game is starting now!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
uruguay is trailing 1-0 to denmark... :( both sorondo and chino are playing...but denmark IMO is playing better...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ronie and bobo where great today !! very impressed with Ronie :eek:

Emre was good in the turks midfield ... very active

1 - 20 of 79 Posts