Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Karr, we want to be our own forum, we will appreciate it if we do not have links to other forums.

News sites are fine. I hope that you start a topic based on your own opinions without any links to other forums. If you want to paste opinions from that certain forums for us to debate on (e.g an article), I guess its fine with us, just dun make a straight link to other forum, otherwise it will defeat the purpose of having our own forum here.

·
International
1,878 Posts
Ditto what Mindscape said, but don't worry, unlike Owen, I rarely dish out yellow cards. :p

Aimar will be an exciting prospect. If I am not wrong, he is a playmaker and he are in need of one ever since Jari left. I do not consider Stevie as one though and it will be good to see how Aimar performs in the hole behind the front two.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Aimar really doesn't have to prove anything.

He's not Maradona, he will look bad if all your players just stand around not working for him cause he'll just be fouled again and again and again and again. But if the team is humble and smart enough to work for him, he will make your football beautiful.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
Karr, we want to be our own forum, we will appreciate it if we do not have links to other forums.

News sites are fine. I hope that you start a topic based on your own opinions without any links to other forums. If you want to paste opinions from that certain forums for us to debate on (e.g an article), I guess its fine with us, just dun make a straight link to other forum, otherwise it will defeat the purpose of having our own forum here.
Liverbird said:
Ditto what Mindscape said

Liver and Mindscape, our very own Edward and Tubbs.

This is a local shop for local people, we'll have no trouble here

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Once again, things are being presented under the disciple/mentor light! If I'm correct, Benitez isn't exactly Aimar's pal, even though their relationship always remained courteous. I doubt this transfer will ever materialize, whether it being due to money or other matters, but I sure wish it would if someone linked my club with a transfer for him.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads up Mindy ;) No harm felt. Just thought I'd share a few stuff other similiar Scouse forums are talking abt, coz sometimes I find the thigns they are kinda crappy, or worth the talk over here, and I want to get the opinions from you lot here.

Been around many Pool forums over the net, and I find our little enclave here quite the most reasonable and in-the-middle, not so extreme like some I found. One more thing I like abt XT is the contribution of members from other forums like Italian and Spanish footie. There's quite an international view on things around here, which helps put a lot of things into perspective.

Anyway, abt the AImar transfer, I've got nothing to say coz I'm not really informed abt Aimar, except on the technical side of his play :D As many of you have noticed, I can be quite technical in my discussions :pp

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Valencia star Aimar wants Liverpool move
tribalfootball.com - December 28, 2004

Argie star Pablo Aimar wants out of Spanish champs Valencia.

AS says Aimar has told his agent, Gustavo Mascardi, that he wants to leave Valencia after falling out with coach Claudio Ranieri. Aimar doesn't feel valued by Ranieri and has told close friends he'd love to work again for Rafa Benitez at Liverpool.

Valencia are prepared to listen to offers for the midfield dazzler as he is one of the club's highest wage earners and the Spanish champs aren't prepared to have him see out the season sitting on the bench.

But the stumbling block is Valencia's bitter dispute with Benitez, which could wreck any hopes for Aimar of moving to Anfield.

Valencia sent a letter of complaint to Liverpool last week over Benitez's public attack on their sports director Manuel Llorente and will be reluctant to deal with their former coach.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I think it would be an excellent move.. if it happened..

From what I've read till now.. Liverpool have made an inquiry.. Ranieri has gone out and said he wants him to stay eventhough he's not currently a regular first team player.. But, he that alone would not be enough to keep him.. the club needs and player interests come into consideration..

I finally found a quote by Aimar (in BBC, so more accountable than many other sites like tribal football for instance) about the matter: "This season I'm not happy at Valencia.

"Rafa Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me very well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I cannot sort out my future here."

"I do not understand why I have not been playing. Ranieri has not told me the reasons but I am obviously not part of his plans.

"From what I can see, English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I would have a problem adapting to the Premiership."

To me, that's a player who wants out badly.. from what I understand, he's fallen out with Ranieri.. and the communication process is lost between them.. If ever there was an opportunity to get a world class player.. this is it..

From what I understood, Rafa would be given whatever budget he needs if he feels the player is worth the money.. a small message to the board.. "Pllllleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseee make this happen" :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
im just wondering since i did not follow Valencia last season. Did Rafa and Aimar have a good relationship back at Valencia?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
no way he's coming to you, according to the rumours Ajax is interested as well so it's pretty obvious you guys don't stand a chance :D ;)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Rafa's relationship with Aimar was never in tatters as the Aimar/Ranieri relationship is at the moment.. I know they had a rocky time at the end of last season when Aimar got back from injury and expected to be an instant first teamer as soon as he returned.. while Rafa wanted to slowly push him in especially when Valencia were on a superb run.. (kinda like should he keep Riise tonight or bring Kewell back)..

That's basically the only issue Aimar and Rafa had during they're time together at Valencia..

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Aimar is too frail for the physical EPL game. His best position is in the the fantasista position and in a traditional 4-4-2 favored by most EPL teams, he'll more likely be forced to play either on the wings or as a support striker.

With the current Liverpool team playing 4-4-2, I don't forsee Benitez switching back to his favourite 4-4-1-1, even if with Aimar onboard.

Me thinks he'll most likely be heading for Serie A :shades:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Off of the OFFICIAL site

AIMAR WOULD LOVE ANFIELD MOVE
Paul Rogers 28 December 2004
Pablo Aimar has revealed he would jump at the opportunity of a January transfer switch to Liverpool.
Valencia's Argentina international admits he's a huge fan of Rafael Benitez, his former boss at the Mestalla, and that he'd relish the chance to work with him again at Anfield.

"This season I'm not happy at Valencia," says the midfielder. "Rafa Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me very well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I cannot sort out my future here."

Despite being a regular in Benitez's Valencia side that won a La Liga and UEFA Cup double last season, Aimar has not figured much this campaign and added: "I do not understand why I have not been playing. Ranieri has not told me the reasons but I am obviously not part of his plans.

"From what I can see, English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I would have a problem adapting to the Premiership."

·
Registered
6,768 Posts

All to familar.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Interista said:

All to familar.
all to true aswell :thmbup: :D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts