Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm gonna play the Devil's Advocate and ask you for your opinions on this matter.

While we have a World class coach like Fatih Terim, who has the ability to turn average players into stars; should Gala cut their losses now and sell players like Hasan Sas, Ergun, Umit Karan (built a reputation in the CL), etc. Since some of them have performed well enough in the WC to make a name for themselves, we could get big fees. This would save us the problem of losing them on frees (aka Hakan.S, Emre, Okan, etc). It would help clear a lot of our debts and give us a chance to start afresh.

of course we all love players like Hasan; but don't we all love Gala more? Wouldn't this give our club the opportunity to start rebuilding with a better financial situation?
IMO no stars are irresplacable; we have some good youngsters coming in too.

Or will we risk losing them for nothing and remaining in the same financial predicament for yet more seasons?

I say take advantage of the WC and sell them. And even if it means not being champions next season, it may mean Champions League champions in the future.

Of course, I would only do this with a man like Terim at the head of the team.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I also think seeling is the right option, I dont know if they would buy Ergun though, he performed awful against costa rica.
but hasan's contract ends at the end of this season and we will not earn a penny from him when it does. So the best option is to sell right now when he has the market, we dont even know how he will perform this season...

But I dont know who would pay like 10 $ million for him...I would say for even 7-8 we could sell him...

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Hasan will not leave he will sign a new contract to make Terim happy same for Ergun. Umit Karan is crap no one will want him except a German team who will not offer a lot of money. I think in future Sabri Sarioglu will easily replace Hasan in the team but for know he is too young and inexperienced at the tender age of 18.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah Terim will sell Hasan, but not now, same goes for Ergun. Terim is going to keep them for another year and increase there price and he really needs these guys since we don't have a lot of money for transfers. But you will see Hasan and Ergun will renew their contract and play next season at Gala, then go to a big eruopean team for a lot of money. I think Hasan will be worth $35 million and Ergun around $15-20 million. I don't know about Karan, I don't thinks he is the striker Terim wants, he would go with Serkan before Umit or maybe he'll play Umit as attacking midfield because of how he pressures the ball which Terim loves.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I think a lot depends on how much is offered to hasan as a result of his performance in the World Cup. If his transfer will break the Turkish record, I would be very surprised if he stays on another year.

Is he 26?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts