Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I heard about this plan in the winter. It would be an interesting idea, and I hope that it goes through. I will be 23 then, so I will probably check out some of the games.

I don't think it will have many political effects to be honest, though it is a good sign.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I will be 23 then, so I will probably check out some of the games
And the games in Turkey are gonna be played in Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir and Antalya.:cool:

Finally we're gonna see some games in Ankara;)

I read that, opening ceremony and tournament’s match will be in Istanbul and final match in Athens.:eek:

Yeah, we didn't even get the tournament yet, but I would prefer to have the final in Istanbul.;)

Athens will have Olympics by then, what else do they want:mad: :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Gotta love Daum's asslicking... :D

If Greece has a success with the Olympic games then perhaps the bid will be succesfull. Otherwise, I doubt it cause neither country really has the facilities and the organisation skills to organised such an event. Even though Greece has had some major competitions assigned and Turkey also recently organised the European Basketball Championship.

Ah well, at least this is probably only way for the Greek NT making the European Championship. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Although it would be hard for Greece or Turkey to host the entire tourney on their own, when done together, it seems viable.

Which other countries are trying to land the tournament?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
1. Denmark + Norway + Finland + Sweden
2. Bosnia + Croatia
3. Austria + Switzerland
4. Hungary
5. Russia
6. Scotland

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I think facilities and the organisation skills to organised such an event won't be a problem for either countries:)

Here is one article from http://www.onefootball.com/index.phtml?page=fullstory&newsid=97901

Hungary and Scotland were the only two countries to launch separate bids to host Euro 2008 by Uefa's deadline of November 20. The Republic of Ireland are considering a joint bid with Scotland amid competition from four other rivals.

The other countries involved in the bidding war for Euro 2008 have all tabled joint bids. The candidates are Greece and Turkey, Austria and Switzerland, Bosnia and Croatia and Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.

The Russian football federation pulled out of the running on Monday after failing to receive necessary government backing.

Sacndinavian bid is quiet impressive:eek: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts