Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us here are either Red Star, or Partizan fans...

so I would like to know if you would rather have Yugoslavia win Euro2000, or your favurite club win the Uefa Champions league...

I would like to hear your oppinion :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd rather see Red Star (or Partizan even) win the CL. This would help our league a great deal and with the players that won the CL we'd be in good contention for the next few major tournaments.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me, being a Delija would rather see Yugo win the EURO, because that would shut up a hell of a lot of people!

But hey, CZ has already won the CL so...

------------------
MiLz

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To tell you the truth, I would rather like to see Partizan winning the UCL then Yugo winning Euro2000 because, I would just love to see a team from Yugoslavia beat Manchester United, Real Madrid, Lazio, Byern Munich...
and also it wouldnt include players who play harder for their club then their country...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to see Yugoslavia win the Euro, just to shove it up peoples arses. The world sees us as warmongers, particularly the west so this would prove that we are good at something, other than "ethnic cleansing" according to the west(bastards).

I hope we kick arse.

Viva Yugo.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Honestly, I'd rather take Champions League number 2..(hehe, grobari, please take notice - number 2, not number 1!! :D).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You shouldnt even think about this.I would much rather Ygoslavia win Euro.CZ has already won the CL and Yugoslavia hasnt won anything.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mijatovic,
You are right. But if a club from Yugo won the CL, it would earn a hell of a lot of respect towards the Yugo league...

but anyway, EURO2000 is a realistic goal, the CL is not :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with my severni drug red star forever in saying that I would much rather see Red Star win the champions league than jugoslavija winning EURO or the World Cup or anything else....
My reasoning is 95% is politically motivated and the other 5% rests with the fact that there is more competition on the club level. As for the political reason, I won't get into it, so that I wouldn't accidentaly start a dumb fight, I will say this though, and that is that my opinion could possibly change if the country was called Serbia and the flag and national anthem were changed back to what it should be, the red blue and white and Boze Pravde...
Zvezda will win the CL in 2001 (every ten years baby!)

------------------
Zvezda je zivot ostalo su sitnice!

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Delija, well put, and believe it or not, when I was writing my post earlier I was thinking about saying the same thing but didn't want to start an argument (especially a political one)..
But since you started, I'll just say this, it is ridiculous that our country has an anthem "Hej Sloveni", if we had to have it before because Yugoslavia was a country of Slavs, we don't have to have it now..
Even the name is stupid but unless we get rid of "you know who", these important changes will never happen.
Sometimes I even think whether the name of the country and the anthem affect our players since it sometimes really seems that their heart isn't into it...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yugoslavia is STILL a country of Slavs, what do you think Serbs are? And to be honest I quite like the name. Thats just my opinion. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wheather u like the name or not who cares.The players that play for our team are serbs and I dont care what the name is I follow our players not the name.

I WISH OUR TEAM ALL THE BEST IN EURO.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The name "Yugoslavia" is quite a good one I think. But I think it should be changed to Serbia & Montenegro because, and I dont know how exectly to put this but, if the Croats and Muslims dont need the name, neither should we (???}*

As for the Flag and anthom, they should be changed too...

*My right bracket key is stuffed, so I have to use the other one :D

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
I'm not saying that we shouldn't support or like our team because of its name, anyway this is a topic that goes way deeper than sport or football....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its not that complicated.

Do you want your country to win its first major title or do you want your club to win its 2nd.Just pick one without getting political.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
If you were reading a bit more carefully, you would have noticed that I have already made my pick...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes but you said that politics plays a part in your decision.This is soccer, in case u forgot so look at it from a soccer fans perspective not from a political one.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mijate: how can you even think for one second that soccer and politics don't mix, especially in our country. Whenever our NT plays a big game in Beograd, SPS and JUL buy up all the tickets. The Army runs Partizan. Our own fans whistle at the anthem when it is being played, and on the north sidde of the stadium all you can here is Od Topole. Sad to say, but you have to admit that politics plays a much larger role in our sport than we're willing to admit.
I know that on the north there is also a prevelent saying which goes something like "Zvezda, Srbija, nikad Jugoslavija" I'm sure red star forever has heard that one. If you want politics to leave soccer then get rid of the commie pricks who run the country, Tito created Yugoslavia, when he died so did it, we're just stupid enough to hold on to his "dream"

------------------

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who cares if they buy up the tickets.What u and RS Forever r saying is that Zvezdas success is more important then our NT success,its simple as that but u worry to much about politics.What u 2 are saying is that you would rather have zvezda win another CL then give our national team there first Major trophy.Yugoslavia would get alot more recognision and respect if our NT won euro.Look at Croatia, after the world cup everybody was saying how good they r and whenver u walked into a soccer shop U could find 3 different types of Craotian Jerseys and not even 1 of ours.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mijate: I don't necessarily disagree with you. You make a good point, yugoslavia would get tonnes of recognition if they were to win their first major trophy. And believe it or not, I would be very happy, I'd get pissed drunk, just like I did when we eliminated croatia, andd danced in the streets of toronto afterward. All I'm saying is that I would be much more proud if the team was called Srbija, or Ujedninje Srpske Zemlje (United Serbian Lands)or Srpska-Crnogorska federacija. Or anything else which encorporates the word Srbija, and does not include the word Jugoslavia (or "Tugosramija" as I like to call it). That word just means Komunjera to me and it always will, for God's sake we can't even have our own flag....or anthem...that's pathetic, so I would much rather support my club which exudes national pride, and stands for many of the same things which I beleive in, which my grandfathers fought for, rather than a quasi nationalist, quasi cummunist 100% dictatorship...
no offence to anyone...that's just the way I feel...
zivela Srbija

------------------

1 - 20 of 67 Posts