Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Real bought Figo for 40 million pounds. Wow, that's a lot of money. Anyways, for a long time I have been saying that Ray Parlour is a good player, but not world class. Sunderland want to buy him for 7 million pounds. Now listen to this idea: Presumably Figo will be playing right midfield, his normal position, for Real. Where does this leave Steve McManaman? It could leave him on the bench. Why don't we sell Parlour to Sunderland and buy Macca? I am guessing that since he came on a free Real would ask for no more than 10 to 12 million pounds for him. This is assuming he would be willing to come to another Pl club besides liverpool (by the way if I was Houllier I would be faxing my bid for Macca this instant. Smicer is crap). The key to this whole deal lies with Fernando Redondo, however. AC Milan are keen on brining him to Italy, and if he left I could see Real bumping Figo to an inside midfield spot, with Macca on the right wing. Therefore, since he would be in the starting 11, he would not want to leave. So if we swoop for Macca before Milan swoop for Redondo, we could have a comletely unstoppable midfield of Overmars Vieira Petit McManaman, assuming Overmars and Petit stay. Which, by the way, if the don't, then we should slide Pires to left wing and buy either Jens Jeremies, Nakata, Barry Ferguson, or Rui Costa. All four of these playes are probably just as good as Petit, with Nakata and Rui Costa being the two most probable transfers.
Are these good ideas, or am I just crazy? Comments?

D

·
0 Posts
I'd love to have Nakata or Rui Costa at Arsenal, at the moment they'd probably be better than Petit :)

Problem with Nakat is that it's widely re-knowned that Nakata's favourite English club is Manure, so they'll probably get him. :(

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
nakata wont come
but rui costa might :)
macca would be great
but he wouldnt come cheaply
and lots of competition for him
and i think i remember that he said if he ever came back to england, hed only play for liverpool

B

·
0 Posts
Neither nakata or rui costa can tackle, so I doubt either are sutible to replace small.

Mucca's wages will be far too high, after the bosman, anyway.......he's a gay.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe he'd be willing to take a wage cut. He is on 60k per week right? We can probably offer 40k and a big singing on bonus.

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks for sharing Blitheid :D

I think Mcmanaman's adventure with Real will be not ending soon yet ;)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
I think Macca will stay at Real for a couple of years more
He is just Excellent and thats it!

B

·
0 Posts
Mucca excellent? Based on what. His continual crap performances for england?. Muckas last five seasons, where he played well for half of one of them, and mediocre to crap in the rest?. Phuckas just a gay, and a bore, a pox on him, his children, and the family of his children.

But then again maybe we should try to get him, i'm sure overmars would be more likely to stay. I guess that's why we tried to get panucchi....he was a nice mouth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts