Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might have actually posted this topic before, but anyway...

I beleive if the old Yugo was still around, we would for sure have the best team in Europe and the World(after Brazil). As it is now, Croatia and Yugoslavia have superb teams, and Bosnia, Slovania amd Macedonia(FYROM) all have good teams too :)

I would post a team list, but I dont know the names of the best players in Slovenia, Bosnia...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I totally agree...We won the Youth Worlds and those guys are still around...Imagine them as a team now days...

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
</A>

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Well, just imagine these players together in the period of 92 - 98...

Stojkovic
Savicevic
Mihajlovic
Jugovic
Mijatovic
Boban
Suker
Asanovic
Boksic
Jarni
Djukic
Stimac
Milanic
Novak
Zahovic

This is just a few that came out of the top of my head....scary stuff.. :) :) :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you could take players from just Jugo and croatia to form a world cup team, if they didn't kill themselves first.

Stevanovic
Djukic Mihajlovic Jarni
Jugovic Boban Stojkovic Prosinecki
Savicevic
Mijatovic Suker

unbeatable...

how about that all world midfield

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definalty, this would be an unbeatable team. Come to think of it, by now we would of allready won atleast one big name trophy and be ranked in the top 2 teams in the world :)...

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Errr, I shutter to think what would could of happend if the original Yugo never split....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like I said, unstoppable IF they didn't kill each other first....
personally I could never see Boban getting along with Sinisa...I don't know if that's just me ;)

·
International
8,545 Posts
I think the players would get along well. AFter all, if you're assuming the former yugo was still a country, you than have to assume there was no war. I'm sure there'd be some conflict between certain players, but nothing that big.

That line up was good Delija, but I'd put Prosinecki in behind the strikers and move Savicevic back in to midfield. I'd also switch Jugovic with Asanovic, and I'd put in Bilic instead of Jarni.

No matter how many different combinations you put together, it'd be a powerhouse in all positions, except maybe goaltending. I think we both have "okay" goaltenders, but it would be the weakest link, by far, on the team.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IVO is correct, I ment this team to be, if the war had never happend :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My God, we would be unstoppable

If only things were different......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts