Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing major there, but there was a short interview with Christian on the Danish football site bold.dk the other day.

The headline was Poulsen accepts the bench, and below are his quotes.

"In a major team like Juventus there's tough competition for all the positions. Those are the terms if you're a professional football player and want to play in one of the biggest teams. In my situation I just have to accept the bench and wait patiently until I get the chance again."

On being selected for the "Flop of the Year Team" (don't know who picked it), something he did not quite understand:

"Of course it is not particularly nice, but I've been out with injury for two months, so I don't quite understand the reasoning. In the matches I did play, I think I got largely decent critique. But honestly it is not something I spend much time thinking about."

About the prospects for more playing time:

"Fortunately we have a pretty packed schedule with lots of matches coming up, so I believe everyone in the squad will be in demand. Apart from that it will be on me to seize the opportunity and play well when I get the chance."

All of it very much like it should be.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
He was unfortunate. He played a bit when the whole team played bad and the results lacked a lot to be desired. And when the team bounces back he is injured. The jury is still out there. He has proven himself at Schalke and Sevilla and I've faith that he will be up the task when he is needed.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
4 men and only 1 spot.

Starring Marchisio, Zanetti, Poulsen and Tiago.

It's a remake of 'There will be blood'.

·
Administrator
52,984 Posts
I think when all fit, the pecking order is as it was the start of the season. Zanetti, Poulsen, Marchisio and Tiago. Marchisio is ahead of him because he gained momentum, and offers something different (its overkill with two strong DMs against minor teams, Marchisio's passing is bit off at times, but is more dynamic forward), but I think a fit Poulsen will play ahead of him perhaps. Unless Marchisio surpsies even more and improves.

But in general, I think both will share the bench when Zanetti is fit. His main competiiton is Marchisio either way.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Someone will have to leave at the end of the season, i don't think nor want that to be Poulsen, despite maintaining he was not who we should've got last summer.

Poulsen will get his chance to play, CZ is injury prone and Tiago's flashes of promise will be eclipsed by an abundance of mediocrity.

·
Registered
34,455 Posts
Well at least his honest. Rather pointless transfer though, i think i still have seen more from Tiago. And Marchisio looks like a promising prospect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts