Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
oic
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
brazil 2006 was the greater favorite when the world cup began..

it had ronaldinho, best of world fifa 2005 and 2004 and CL champion in april 2006 (if im not mistaken)

it had kaka wonderful, specially after CL final in 2005, where he was the best player in the 3x0 of the first half, against liverpool

it was the world champion in 2002.

it won the confederations cup 4x1 against argentina.

robinho was not a confirmed flop, yet. he was in real madrid for very few moments.

actually brazil had the

number 10 of barcelona(ronaldinho)
number 10 of inter(adriano)
number 10 of real madrid(robinho)
number 9 of real madrid(ronaldo)
number 10 of milan(kaka, although he used the 22, but he was the, in thesis, 10)

it was a great generation.

players were on form

the team in confederations cup 2005 was this one:

defeated argentina 4x1 in final.

but in the world cup
the team got fatter and older and slower:

it was really slow upfront

Ronaldinho was playing behind 2 (in barcelona it was only behind eto'o, same level as giuly/messi)

kaka was playing behind 3 (in milan it was only behind 1 or 2)

so they were both in more defensive spots than their natural clubs

adriano was not so good as in 2005 anymore, and a bit fat,
ronaldo was already somewhat fat.

cicinho was incredible, but cafu was cafu. so cicinho was bench

the tactics was so obviously wrong that the first hard opponent we had, Parreira put adriano bench and Juninho Pernambucano started, against france, in spite of having won the last 2 games for 4x1(japan) and 3x0(Ghana):

kaka was knee injuried that day, but he wasnt man enough to say: i dont deserve to play, and robinho, in a very nice form, didnt start.

this team had never played before, at least not really in the world cup. and faced a strong france.

result: brazil was completely dominated.

Parreira is a retard

did he really think that tactics could work?

why did he change it against france ?

why did he put adriano and ronaldo together?

its completely anaesthetical

cafu and r.carlos age average was already 34 or 35
why not allow cicinho who was amazing

the correct line up line up for that world cup was:

juninho was the king of lyon.

ze roberto did a great world cup, but we could not predict it.

juninho deserved more.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
That team peaked one year earlier and when you get to the world cup with players being presented in a red carpet with flowers within the hotel, you know that they would never win nothing.

No surprise when we lost and when Italy won.

Btw, two great performances from that team in 2005

jkrBXU0P1U8

I was in the stadium for this game here. Probably the best first half we have had in a decade for Brazil!

7Fnmr1sPBWI

·
Registered
501 Posts
In addition to all what have been said in the previous posts, let me tell you the main reason why Brazil lost :

----------Zidane-----------
---Vieira---------Makelele--

The Vieira - Makelele 'black guard' mashed the Brazilian midfield and that was enough to allow Zidane to make his wizardries. :smileani:

·
oic
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That team peaked one year earlier and when you get to the world cup with players being presented in a red carpet with flowers within the hotel, you know that they would never win nothing.
thats a good thing that mano's teams has no hype then do u agree

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
In addition to all what have been said in the previous posts, let me tell you the main reason why Brazil lost :

----------Zidane-----------
---Vieira---------Makelele--

The Vieira - Makelele 'black guard' mashed the Brazilian midfield and that was enough to allow Zidane to make his wizardries. :smileani:
I think Roberto Carlos doing his sock was more of a reason than anything else. We were bad all world cup and the first decent team that we would face, would knock us out.

The attitude in the camp was pathetic since teh team arrived to prepare for teh world cup in switzerland. Much more to do with mentality than whoever would blick us IMO.

congrats to france to making us their little slapping bitch though. Wont take that away from france:thumbsup:

·
oic
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Roberto Carlos doing his sock was more of a reason than anything else.
you gotta be kidding.

how come a midget 1,68m tall out stop(or even be ordered to mark on a free kick-cross, what kind of retarded coach would require of a 1,68m guy to be in the area to prevent a 1,88?) henry 1,88m tall

LOL!

you lost my respect forever with this ridiculous post.

so much influencible by galvao bueno's opinion

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts

derrrr
this is the exact formation we used against france.

Roberto Carlos fixing his socks didnt have as much to do as Parreira who told him to not defend so they could counter. That was Dida ball, but Dida wasnt aware of the play. Either way, RC shouldve been sent off earlier for the tackle on Viera

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
the problem was:

amarelinho gaúco and kakámarelo are huge CHOKERS. and adriano/ronaldo were out of shape. Simple as ****ing that.

Also we were too old (experienced, some would say. yeh... sure.) Cafu and RC were done.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
oh and parreira for some reason crumbled under the brazilian press (bunch of stupid idiots) that were clamoring for him to play amarelinho pernambucano. a common player that had success because he was playing in the PATHETIC french championship...

just when we were getting better, ronaldo and adriano were getting in shape the idiot coach put mediocrinho pernambucano on the team.

Then it was easy as **** for french to beat us.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
btw, you can see mediocrinho pernambucano crying his lungs off during the national anthem. He was scared as **** and played like that. I simply don't remember him doing anything.

Just google it "mediocrinho pernambucano chorando durante hino" something like that.

obviously you need to replace mediocrinho to juninho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts